Reppin
Texas
Holy shyt :whoo:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Are you saying this week's episodes looks good because y'all doing everything except saying that?
I didn't mind it at all, I welcomed the change of style and didn't mind how the drawing looked. I even said that in the post with my reaction to the episode. Was it amazing or "perfect" like Choso vs Yuji? of course not, but I didn't feel it was a downgrade worth putting much thought into it.

But regardless of how me or you feel about the animation of the episode, saying Mappa is treating their most valuable IP as a "B or C tier show" is funny as fukk because we actually know how those efforts look like (Hell's Paradise) and they are much worse than what they've done with JJK. How anyone can see what they did with Hidden Inventory and Shibuya and not think the studio is trying their hardest to kill their animators in order to appease fans is beyond me, to be quite honest. It's hilarious hyperbole just to prove a point about you not liking the animation :dead:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man Kenshin calling out Raijuta for being a man slayer was a :wow: moment.

x5FamAS.png

But he spoke nothing but facts. Someone who has killed people would never be happy about inflicting a non-lethal wound. After all Kenshin was a Manslayer before turning Rurouni so he knows the path of a manslayer.

Also there was a detail in the most recent Dr. Stone episode that solidifies why I believe Senku is such a great mc. Dude comes across as arrogant and cocky, well geniuses be like tbh :manny:

But when he initially heard the news of Kohaku and Ginro being petrified, he very slightly had a quick shot of his mouth where you can tell he got really pissed off when hearing that. Obviously after that moment hes back to his typical moving forward self. But that quick shot was very powerful. It more so showcases the bonds he has developed with everybody from Ishigami village. Not to mention Kohaku has been his first partner after he split off from Yuzuriha and Taiju at the beginning of S1.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Frieren the Slayer :wow: :wow:

I'm an official stan, this bytch too cold with it :wow: :ohlawd:

BTW these demons ain't worth a damn, they all pieces of shyt, I love they have no redeeming quality and I can hate them and wish for they downfall without having to think twice about it :pacspit:

Thats one really thing I love about this series. They are the absolute evil which Freiren knows in both the flashback and in the present. But unlike lets say the goblins in Goblin Slayer which just seem like evil unintelligent monsters. Demons as we have already seen are intelligent given how they manipulate people, but also how they polar opposite are to humans. They don't even know the concept of family, mom and dad.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Damn this old man must love cartoons and then his technique gets explained :ohhh:

Zoidberg's domain is really killer fish beach

Toji :blessed: (but upside down lol)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Damn this old man must love cartoons and then his technique gets explained :ohhh:

Zoidberg's domain is really killer fish beach

Toji :blessed: (but upside down lol)
I think people forget the explanation of techniques works as a binding vow

You put yourself at a disadvantage by explaining your technique, so you get a power boost in return to balance it out, they also explained it with Mei Mei crows making a suicide vow for unlimited CE, but I've been noticing a LOT of people just flat out ignore how the power system works and think characters are just doing random shyt

Dagons domain expansion is the place Geto and them would hideout in season 1
koogender.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I watched the first two episodes of Pluto, and I think they've done the manga justice. The pacing is good so far, and the voice acting and soundtrack are hitting. The animation is good enough, but not top-tier IMO.

This is my favorite Urasawa manga, so I may just be stanning. But I'm really happy with it so far, and I hope it gets the love that story deserves...maybe 20th Century Boys can be next with some success.
Just watched episode one and it did not disappoint. When I saw the trailer for it I was already very intrigued and did my best to stay away from the manga, this looks like it's gonna be one hell of a ride :wow:

The 2nd half with Paul Duncan and North N°2 was the type of shyt only anime can get you to emotionally invest at that level, that shyt was :mjcry:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just watched episode one and it did not disappoint. When I saw the trailer for it I was already very intrigued and did my best to stay away from the manga, this looks like it's gonna be one hell of a ride :wow:

The 2nd half with Paul Duncan and North N°2 was the type of shyt only anime can get you to emotionally invest at that level, that shyt was :mjcry:
That North No2 story is the perfect tone-setter for the story. It's got a lot of touching moments, but they usually have a gut punch to come with 'em. Plus we get a bit of the Hannibal Lecter/Clarice from the exchange with Gesicht/Brau-1589...that's one of my favorite parts.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure if it's been discussed in this thread but if you're a basketball fan, you need to watch The First Slam Dunk.

It was incredible in just about every way. It has the best animation I've seen in a long time.

Where can I watch this? I've been waiting for this for a long time

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yep, I never thought I'd see this arc animated after so long. I had given up all hope.

:sadcam:

It's a shame this series doesn't receive more recognition among anime fans in the US.
I was truly amazed how Inoue was able to make basically a two hour animated basketball game flow like a real life game, while at the same time being able to fit the comedy, the story from that last arc and the most memorable panels (lost my shyt at Anzai's fist pump). In the theater I went to, like of the audience were most likely anime only and the tension for the final sequence was hilarious, people were screaming and reacting like it was legit game with real stakes. I had a dude next to me legit PISSED at Rukawa fukking up so many times :russ:

I was :mjlol: and :ohhh: at how Inoue pulled off putting Hanamichi's antics and mannerism in the backround. What might be a couple of panels in a manga was just a basketball player acting like a dumbass in the film...and that's exactly how it would come off in real life. shyt was amazing. Loved the twist of making Ryota the protagonist for this one time too.

And the animation...I was VERY sceptical about the 3D aproach Toei went for but in the theater it looked fukking flawless. A legit masterpiece by Inoue, imo. I was very glad the film was a home run success at the box office too.

milanoAT

Pro
Daps
I was truly amazed how Inoue was able to make basically a two hour animated basketball game flow like a real life game, while at the same time being able to fit the comedy, the story from that last arc and the most memorable panels (lost my shyt at Anzai's fist pump). In the theater I went to, like of the audience were most likely anime only and the tension for the final sequence was hilarious, people were screaming and reacting like it was legit game with real stakes. I had a dude next to me legit PISSED at Rukawa fukking up so many times :russ:
Same, I was amazed too at how fluid everything was. It really did feel like a real game. The amount of detail also impressed me, like you can tell they really loved and studied the game. Just minor things that other animation studios probably would've overlooked, like Sakuragi swiping at the ball while running back on defense, or the ball handler faking out a defender by looking in one direction but passing in the other.

And the last sequence had me tense too. I knew what was going to happen but I was still :lupe:

I was :mjlol: and :ohhh: at how Inoue pulled off putting Hanamichi's antics and mannerism in the backround. What might be a couple of panels in a manga was just a basketball player acting like a dumbass in the film...and that's exactly how it would come off in real life. shyt was amazing.
Right, shyt was hilarious. :russ:

And the animation...I was VERY sceptical about the 3D aproach Toei went for but in the theater it looked fukking flawless. A legit masterpiece by Inoue, imo. I was very glad the film was a home run success at the box office too.
Same, I don't have much faith in 3D anime after disasters like Berserk 2016, but they did their thing on this one.

:youngsabo:

If they remade the entire series like this, I think it'd be bigger than Kuroko...