Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I mean going from Yuji vs Choso fight to that its a clear drop off. But thats not the issue its mostly people over exaggerate. Reminded me like an average episode that we got from Hells Paradise where it was just good enough. Like I said before if they thought that was bad animation and art they haven't seen some good awful anime with bad animation. Same thing when people criticize Helck's animation (also adding the fact everything else in the show is top notch outside of music)

For anyone go check out Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer if you think this was bad animation and production.
Nah breh, Helk was below average animation. Jigo was clearly a C+ effort by Mappa but at least it had some episodes and sequences that looked awesome. At least until ep. 5, Helk never came even close to Jigo's animation.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Nah breh, Helk was below average animation. Jigo was clearly a C+ effort by Mappa but at least it had some episodes and sequences that looked awesome. At least until ep. 5, Helk never came even close to Jigo's animation.
Like I said y'all need to actual see anime with bad animation :ufdup:

Helck animation was mediocore but the great direction which has been a consistent since episode 1 manages to do its job. The character development, comedy, voice acting and storytelling are done so well it really hides or makes the animation issue less apparent. It's a disappointing aspect what could be an AOTY anime if it was given good animation. Helck isn't reliant on fights rather the aftermath of them which is where storytelling, comedy and voice acting really shines.

Regarding Jigo never said Helck had better animation it doesn't. I was more so comparing the recent JJK episode with Jigo. Where the episode was good enough to get through, but you know Mappa could do better. (And there was a clear dropoff in animation after the Mei Mei fight.) And Jigo deserved better then that :mjcry:. My favorite of the 3 dark Shonen trio why it gotta be like this. It deserved better then just an above average adaptation :mjcry:.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Like I said y'all need to actual see anime with bad animation :ufdup:

Helck animation was mediocore but the great direction which has been a consistent since episode 1 manages to do its job. The character development, comedy, voice acting and storytelling are done so well it really hides or makes the animation issue less apparent. It's a disappointing aspect what could be an AOTY anime if it was given good animation. Helck isn't reliant on fights rather the aftermath of them which is where storytelling, comedy and voice acting really shines.

Regarding Jigo never said Helck had better animation it doesn't. I was more so comparing the recent JJK episode with Jigo. Where the episode was good enough to get through, but you know Mappa could do better. (And there was a clear dropoff in animation after the Mei Mei fight.) And Jigo deserved better then that :mjcry:. My favorite of the 3 dark Shonen trio why it gotta be like this. It deserved better then just an above average adaptation :mjcry:.
I read the manga off the strength of you always hyping it up and it went from 10 to a 7, the last third of the manga was bleh. It had so much promise in the first half and then it started to become a regular ass shonen with "darker" drawings.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

For anyone go check out Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer if you think this was bad animation and production.

giphy.gif

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I read the manga off the strength of you always hyping it up and it went from 10 to a 7, the last third of the manga was bleh. It had so much promise in the first half and then it started to become a regular ass shonen with "darker" drawings.
Ending was def rushed. There was building blocks that had potential that it didn’t utilize. With that being said it gave me a satisfying ending. So as fan I was happy even knowing it could have been executed better.

Outside of FMAB and CSM pt 1 idk how many other shonens had good or even decent endings.

Speaking of endings next week aot anime is finally ending next week I believe. Oh I’m looking forward to the conversation next week :mjgrin:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Speaking of endings next week aot anime is finally ending next week I believe. Oh I’m looking forward to the conversation next week :mjgrin:
I truly wonder if anime watchers care as much as manga readers did. My impression is that they do not, so I don't think the ending will have the same reception the manga got.

But I could be wrong :mjgrin:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I truly wonder if anime watchers care as much as manga readers. My impression is that they do not, so I don't think the ending will have the same reception the manga got.

But I could be wrong :mjgrin:
Honestly outside of artstyle Wit did it better S1 and S3 was :wow: Even if the story in those parts was better than season 4. This was more apparent during my rewatch.

Honestly even if the ending is more ass then how the manga did it they gonna have stans saying it’s the greatest piece of fiction :mjlol:

Gotta say tho aot milking was probably the funding mappa needed for JJK and CSM going forward. still a PoS company tho with those fukked up schedules for it’s animators :unimpressed:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Honestly outside of artstyle Wit did it better S1 and S3 was :wow: Even if the story in those parts was better than season 4. This was more apparent during my rewatch.
Oh no question. WIT's animation of both AOT and Vinland Saga were far superior to Mappa's (though Mappa did nail the drawings for Vinland at least) and in the case of AOT we could clearly see they didn't have their best staff working on it. Going the OVA direction was a very smart decision on their part because it was the only way they could give it the care it needed, even though the end result will still be inferior to WIT.

regarding the ending
I just think anime fans aren't as entrenched as we manga readers were with all the shyt Isayama had left bread crumbs for, and the answers we thought we were going to get. It wasn't until chapter 237 were we all realized we weren't getting no satisfying answers and the ending was going to be rushed.

I still contend the ending was mediocre and not all time level bad (I remember so many people comparing it to GOT's ending, and they are clearly in different levels) but it was still a gut punch because for 95% of the series Isayama had me believing he had it all mapped out and he was going to close it out masterfully :francis:

Anime watchers I feel are still :ohhh: about the ride they are being taken to. Even the nonsensical "Avengers" team of Eldians and Marleyans that somehow are able to "save the day" hasn't gotten half the :what: reaction manga readers had to it.

But maybe I'm wrong though. I feel like after the manga finished I became desensitized to the whole series so my impressions of the whole scenario are all wrong, lol.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shangri-La Fronter adapted chapters 7-9 very well and is more likely the pacing going forward.

Poor Sunraku everything was running smoothly unfortunately that screenshot came to bite him in the ass and everyone is on his ass now. Well I am sure he welcomes the challenge. :pachaha:

Sunraku forgetting about her during his match with mud digger is typical for a try hard like him because all the crappy games he played he either was soloing it basically or playing with a handicapped and not having help.

This is the type of boss would really anger any hardcore gamer. A boss that can hide in the swamp and basically attack you by surprise and launch you and constantly causing you to have fall damage. The name solo boss killer is well deserved title. Luckily he had Emul with him here.

I'm so excited for next week its gonna be a great one given how good the adaptation has been so far :lupe:

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_8.40.35_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_8.51.11_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_8.54.43_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_8.56.01_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_8.56.54_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_8.58.50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_9.22.38_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_9.25.11_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_9.25.33_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_9.25.51_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_9.25.58_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Dark Gathering Episode 17 adapted chapter 21 and the first third of chapter 22.

Man even as a manga reader this episode freaked me out and send chills down my spine JFC. If you a horror fan and you aint watching you missing out the rare good adapted horror. And this aint some baby horror stuff. Outstanding direction in this episode.

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.31.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.36.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.38.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.39.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.40.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.41.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.41.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.41.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.42.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.42.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.44.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.44.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.45.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.46.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.50.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.53.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.54.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-29_at_2.56.07_PM.png

The first is a doodle by Kondou-sensei and the 2nd is fan art by the art director