tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This is Japanese Animation is it not? We can't point out poorly done animation? It looks like shyt. That's undeniable compared to last week. This isn't just a slight dip in quality it fell off a cliff. There's literally animators who worked on the show going on Twitter apologizing for how bad it looks but I guess I'm just making things up:stopitslime:

i72j91lr0pwb1.jpg

CSM was consistent quality and that's because Mappa prioritized it. They're cranking out JJK week to week on a tight schedule. The animators are complaining that they can't work up to standard because of it.

Demon Slayer's last arc and half the previous one was all fights and it looked great. Mappa is mismanaging and overworking their staff.
Well yea Mappas is beyond an awful company. Their tight schedule they putting this series on is beyond atrocious. Honestly right now its the worst it has ever been over their. It is common for studios to enter production issues in the latter half of the seasons that they airing. But the tight schedules from Mappa is on another level compared to the rest of the industry which is already bad. Like Zom 100 as an easy example. The worst part is Mappa continues to pick up more shows. People make a joke about it but it is a real issue. AoT minus these specials where they get an extended time work on them is a notable downgrade from WIT outside of maybe style. Jigo manga is right up there with CSM and JJK, but the anime didn't live up to that standard unlike those two.

The biggest difference between JJK right now and when CSM aired is the issues with CSM's production issues wasn't apparent in the product unless you really paid attention to stuff like who worked on the episode and how many animators, etc. However it was reported pretty consistently when it was airing CSM was in production hell especially in the latter half of the season. It just wasn't as bad as JJK right now.

I hope for the sake of its product that when mappa gets around for S2 of CSM it doesn't get bad as it is right now for JJK. But I have very little confidence in it.

Regarding Demon Slayer I'm more so talking about the overall product. Yes it was animated very well, but at this point thats the expectation. My point is more so the other areas in S3 that were an issue beyond the animation and production overall.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Frieren Ep 8 finished adapting volume 2 with adapting Chapters 16+ 17 as well as finishing up chapter 15.

We kind of expected it given the ending of last week's episode but yea Frieren had no trouble killing the arrogant demon. One big thing illustrated in this episode once again is that demons basically evaporate. So Frieren by defending herself ended up putting herself in a scenario where it looks like she killed the guard. When obviously that is not the case.

The big thing here Frieren showing confidence in both Stark and Fern. Also really loved how they expanded on those infiltrated the castle, which was done much shorter in the manga. Then the teamwork with Fern and Stark was top notch. We get to see how strong Fern actually is. Which can be something we can forget because she is Frieren's apprentice who is a monster in its own right. They did change the shot a Fern in the sky to match the one with Frieren so that the moon is behind her. I really like the change kind of shows the similiarity between master and apprentice.

As we learned last episode that demons use words for purely manipulation. Another thing is arrogance in this episode. Draht is arrogant that Frieren could be stronger then Aura and taking her lightly. Lugner arrogant that there is no way Draht would die like that. And the biggest thing in this episode was the fact Lugner would not even look Fern and Stark in the eye. And once again during their inflirtation he doesn't even look Stark in the eyes when speaking to him. This shows that he views those two as beneath him and only looked at Frieren because he recognized her strength. Which was the key to Fern and Stark's strategy.

I am really looking forward to next week ALOT.

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_1.28.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_1.28.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_1.35.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_1.36.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_1.51.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_1.53.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.25.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.25.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.31.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.32.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.36.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.37.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.38.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.39.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.40.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.40.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-27_at_2.40.43_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Also in the new episode of Goblin Slayer, Goblin Slayer just bursting out in laughing threw me way off guard. Didn't know he could exert his emotions like that :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Regarding Undead Unluck episode 4.

From a visual and production standpoint this episode was phenomenal. Especially the last part of the episode it was very well directed. Gena who really wanted to change, but all in her efforts she couldn't. Andy accepting the change in her body right before she died really nailed the scene and was beautiful.

I'm still luke warm from this series. But at the very least the visual and directing is good enough for me to stick with it going forward. Plus I am really curious if I really gets that much better later on.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I watched the first two episodes of Pluto, and I think they've done the manga justice. The pacing is good so far, and the voice acting and soundtrack are hitting. The animation is good enough, but not top-tier IMO.

This is my favorite Urasawa manga, so I may just be stanning. But I'm really happy with it so far, and I hope it gets the love that story deserves...maybe 20th Century Boys can be next with some success.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm not sure if it's been discussed in this thread but if you're a basketball fan, you need to watch The First Slam Dunk.

It was incredible in just about every way. It has the best animation I've seen in a long time.

I tried hyping it up and telling people to go to the damn theater to watch but the brehs in here don't give a fukk about the GOAT sport anime/series (yes, better than Ippo :ufdup:) doing an incredible job at adapting it's last arc almost 30 years alter :yeshrug:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I watched the first two episodes of Pluto, and I think they've done the manga justice. The pacing is good so far, and the voice acting and soundtrack are hitting. The animation is good enough, but not top-tier IMO.

This is my favorite Urasawa manga, so I may just be stanning. But I'm really happy with it so far, and I hope it gets the love that story deserves...maybe 20th Century Boys can be next with some success.
Oh shyt forgot Pluto was out this week :blessed: :blessed:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This is Japanese Animation is it not? We can't point out poorly done animation? It looks like shyt. That's undeniable compared to last week. This isn't just a slight dip in quality it fell off a cliff. There's literally animators who worked on the show going on Twitter apologizing for how bad it looks but I guess I'm just making things up:stopitslime:

i72j91lr0pwb1.jpg

CSM was consistent quality and that's because Mappa prioritized it. They're cranking out JJK week to week on a tight schedule. The animators are complaining that they can't work up to standard because of it.

Demon Slayer's last arc and half the previous one was all fights and it looked great. Mappa is mismanaging and overworking their staff.
:dead: :dead: at saying CSM was consistent quality when an important part of the Japanese fanbase fukking HATED Mappa's adaptation, to the point Mappa admitted the series didn't do nearly as well as they hoped for (specially after all the money they invested in).

Me personally I thought CSM looked pretty damn dope for a lot of the 12 episode run (and I think they will find a way to blend 3D and animation in an even better way for season 2) but using it as an example is hilarious considering the most hardcore fans shytted on the animation for the entire season just as you are doing about JJK's last ep.

Last edited:

milanoAT

Pro
Daps
I tried hyping it up and telling people to go to the damn theater to watch but the brehs in here don't give a fukk about the GOAT sport anime/series (yes, better than Ippo :ufdup:) doing an incredible job at adapting it's last arc almost 30 years alter :yeshrug:
Yep, I never thought I'd see this arc animated after so long. I had given up all hope.

:sadcam:

It's a shame this series doesn't receive more recognition among anime fans in the US.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
1.- JJK becomes the series that is able to surpass DS after the historic (and meteoric) run Kimetsu No Jaiba had after the anime debuted.
2.- Gets a huge hit with the Vol. 0 film.
3.- They follow it up with one of the most highly praised arcs in recent memory for shonen series.
4.- Got them ratings, rating

What a run :wow:

Still hasn’t surpassed it in ratings doubt it will tho demon slayer was doing double digit ratings think even 20 mil at one point
Sales wise it should surpass it tho

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: :dead: at saying CSM was consistent quality when an important part of the Japanese fanbase fukking HATED Mappa's adaptation, to the point Mappa admitted the series didn't do nearly as well as they hoped to (specially after all the money they invested in).

Me personally I thought CSM look pretty damn dope for a lot of the 12 episode run (and I think they will find a way to blend 3D and animation in an even better way for season 2) but using it as an example is hilarious considering the most hardcore fans shytted on the animation for the entire season just as you are doing about JJK's last ep.

This isn't the same argument.

The CSM criticisms are based more on art direction and style. Manga readers were mad because they didn't think the anime adapted the art style. Some people didn't like the CG and 3DCG. Those are stylistic choices but CSM stuck to a particular style and were fairly consistent in terms of quality from episode to episode. Objectively speaking it was well animated.

That's not the point I'm making. I'm talking about the quality of the animation and a clear lack of consistency. A show as big as JJK should not be getting a rush job. The Choso episode was a 10 and this week was a 4. If you're going to have a drop off it can't be that dramatic. Going from a 10 to an 8 isn't a big deal. You expect the big fights to have more effort put into them but those fish monsters looked like they were drawn by school children. You can see how hurried and unfinished it looks.

Mappa is treating this like it's a B or C tier show. A top flight show deserves way better.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Still hasn’t surpassed it in ratings doubt it will tho demon slayer was doing double digit ratings think even 20 mil at one point
Sales wise it should surpass it tho
I said this before but casual popularity of Demon Slayer and SxF is something that JJK can't touch. In terms of hardcore crowd JJK has surpassed Demon Slayer I would say. But obviously that crowd is harder to gauge with numbers.

Honestly if Mappa executes CSM properly it can be bigger then JJK is right now. But it is hard to say until we see the direction CSM comes with since the Japanese fanbase was more conflicted with CSM S1. Unlike JJK where they loved it since the jump it just needed to get to secret inventory for it to blow up even more.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This isn't the same argument.

The CSM criticisms are based more on art direction and style. Manga readers were mad because they didn't think the anime adapted the art style. Some people didn't like the CG and 3DCG. Those are stylistic choices but CSM stuck to a particular style and were fairly consistent in terms of quality from episode to episode. Objectively speaking it was well animated.

That's not the point I'm making. I'm talking about the quality of the animation and a clear lack of consistency. A show as big as JJK should not be getting a rush job. The Choso episode was a 10 and this week was a 4. If you're going to have a drop off it can't be that dramatic. Going from a 10 to an 8 isn't a big deal. You expect the big fights to have more effort put into them but those fish monsters looked like they were drawn by school children. You can see how hurried and unfinished it looks.

Mappa is treating this like it's a B or C tier show. A top flight show deserves way better.
All right then :dead: