LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

I mean we expected JJK to blow up even more this season. But even just seeing these numbers :whew:

I told you this shyt was going to hit harder than people were anticipating before S2 started. I expect this number to increase even further by the time this arc ends.

Just have to avoid that MHA fall off, you know @42 Monks in the cut waiting with the :umad:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I told you this shyt was going to hit harder than people were anticipating before S2 started. I expect this number to increase even further by the time this arc ends.

Just have to avoid that MHA fall off, you know @42 Monks in the cut waiting with the :umad:
I mean outside of CSM what is JJK’s competition. It ain’t going to do get the casual popularity that Demon Slayer and Spy x Family have. Those two have their own lane.

You do got series like Dandadan and Sakomoto Days that are waiting their anime. And we all know that just because a series is good or even great doesn’t mean it correlates to anime.

Undead Unluck has really good animation but it feels like an above average series at best even with that.

Monster 8 from what I heard is solid all be more on the generic side.

Imo Jigo and Record of Ragnarok are two series of they were given the JJK or CSM treatment they would have blown up or at least done much better then what they have shown so far.

It all comes down to mappa. Despite JJK having a great reception, as a company they gotten greedier and made their production schedules somehow worse.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While I'm enjoying JJK the quality of the animation is unacceptable :scust:

This episode looked like straight dog shyt after the small pox demon was taken out. There's a ton of crudely drawn artwork that looks like a 90's Saturday morning cartoon.

jjl-Untitled.jpg

jjk.jpg

The low budget episodes have been mid and that ending can't save it.

JJK is overrated and Demon Slayer and CSM >>>>

milanoAT

Pro
Daps
I'm not sure if it's been discussed in this thread but if you're a basketball fan, you need to watch The First Slam Dunk.

It was incredible in just about every way. It has the best animation I've seen in a long time.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
While I'm enjoying JJK the quality of the animation is unacceptable :scust:

This episode looked like straight dog shyt after the small pox demon was taken out. There's a ton of crudely drawn artwork that looks like a 90's Saturday morning cartoon.

jjl-Untitled.jpg

jjk.jpg

The low budget episodes have been mid and that ending can't save it.

JJK is overrated and Demon Slayer and CSM >>>>
But this wasn't a low budget :skip:.Was it disappointing based on Mappa's standards sure. But thats a different conversation then what you putting together.

But you are aware this arc is literally fight after fight after fight. You compare this to CSM which lets be honest we haven't touched the big fights in CSM yet. We can have this conversation after CSM S2 airs. But Mappa has the same staff doing both CSM and JJK. So you prob gonna complain when that airs which is most likely next year if I had to guess.

Regarding Demon Slayer I mean are we gonna also bring up that lackluster S3. Both JJK and CSM have better fights and fighting choreography despite Demon Slayer having better animation and production in general. Demon Slayer is pretty basic and generic, but the pacing in S3 was garbage. You got the big reveal at the end, but beyond that it was a big step down from Entertainment district and S1.

I like Demon Slayer, but are we gonna ignore the elephant in the room that Demon Slayer is high carried by animation. If it goes back to form like it was in S1 & S2 I will be more then happy.

Obviously if animation is all you care about you do you. :hubie:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But this wasn't a low budget :skip:.Was it disappointing based on Mappa's standards sure. But thats a different conversation then what you putting together.

But you are aware this arc is literally fight after fight after fight. You compare this to CSM which lets be honest we haven't touched the big fights in CSM yet. We can have this conversation after CSM S2 airs. But Mappa has the same staff doing both CSM and JJK. So you prob gonna complain when that airs which is most likely next year if I had to guess.

Regarding Demon Slayer I mean are we gonna also bring up that lackluster S3. Both JJK and CSM have better fights and fighting choreography despite Demon Slayer having better animation and production in general. Demon Slayer is pretty basic and generic, but the pacing in S3 was garbage. You got the big reveal at the end, but beyond that it was a big step down from Entertainment district and S1.

I like Demon Slayer, but are we gonna ignore the elephant in the room that Demon Slayer is high carried by animation. If it goes back to form like it was in S1 & S2 I will be more then happy.

Obviously if animation is all you care about you do you. :hubie:

This is Japanese Animation is it not? We can't point out poorly done animation? It looks like shyt. That's undeniable compared to last week. This isn't just a slight dip in quality it fell off a cliff. There's literally animators who worked on the show going on Twitter apologizing for how bad it looks but I guess I'm just making things up:stopitslime:

i72j91lr0pwb1.jpg

CSM was consistent quality and that's because Mappa prioritized it. They're cranking out JJK week to week on a tight schedule. The animators are complaining that they can't work up to standard because of it.

Demon Slayer's last arc and half the previous one was all fights and it looked great. Mappa is mismanaging and overworking their staff.