Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people watch the Super Bowl just to see the commercials. People turn advertisements into products all the time.

If you only watch anime you aren’t wasting your time but at the same time you’ll always be 2nd class to these companies. For every Attack on Titan there are probably 30 different 1 and done series that get 12 episodes and never touched again.

In a perfect world anime is the superior form of media. In the actual world it’s mostly just a commercial for light novels, manga, and video games. Worse than Netflix because at least Netflix is mostly open to getting well performing series more seasons. Most of these anime air and there’s never any intention to release anymore.

If you’re a fan of Kimi ni Todoke the story has been completed for almost 7 years and you’ve been left in limbo for over a decade between seasons. If you’re a fan of Chihayafuru it was 2011, 2013, 2019 and who knows if it ever continues meanwhile as of 2022 the original work ended.
That's what it comes down to really. If you anime it's not just the quality of the story or the adaptation that's your biggest enemy, it's the whims of the production companies. They can single handedly ruin something otherwise great due to letting suits have their hands in the pot of a dish that may already be perfectly cooked. It leaves anime watchers subject to so many random unnecessary variables that can ruin the tellings of a great story. If you're just in it for the story reading it becomes the default since the only obstacle is the series getting canceled

Otherwise you got fukkery like cheap production budgets that ruined Golden Kamuy's adaptation.

Bad art direction that ruined the Berserk adaptation.

Indecisive renewals (aka making anime only endings for the series at the end of a season) like Soul Eater or Claymore.

Straight up cancellation like Bleach just came back from.

Mountains of filler like Naruto/Boruto

Hell, it took over two decades and a live action adaptation for One Piece to finally get it's due in the west because of the fukkups of a single dubbing company trying to shoehorn it into a kid friendly cartoon. And that's not even counting the the clusterfukk that is the current state of the anime.

And as you stated before, for every loving adaptation like AOT this shyt happens 3 fold. :smh: At this point in my life I don't see myself sitting through filler episodes or anime only endings anymore. More power to ya

Outside of sports I barely watch TV as is these days anyway

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Goblin Slayer is back :blessed:. Given its a different studio its a different art style, but quality wise it shouldn't be affected. I do think characters like Elf looking less serious does hurt it. This damn wizard gonna annoy me :unimpressed:. Priestess leading a party is a big step for her so thats cool actually.

Also finished rewatched of SxF. The complaints regarding part 2 are valid more so the episodic complaints. More so referring to the episodes besides Dog Bomb, Tennis Arc and the finale. All were good episodes but given that there was no progress in Anya's stella or bolts I do get the complaints. With that being said SxF just gonna get better from here on out. I think S2 will start with Damian's arc if I remember the manga correctly.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Got damn Tokyo Revengers came back swinging. Fades were being thrown left and right. Felt like Streets of Rage 2 with nikkas getting ran over by motorcycles and shyt. :mjlol:

The 1st episode of Shield Hero season 3 is already better than the whole last season. This shyt got potential and already more interesting than that spirit turtle bullshyt and wizard nikka.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Frieren Ep 5 finished adapting Chs. 8 as well as 9 + 10. Man a lot like the staff that adapted Vinland you can tell the staff working on this has so much love for the manga.

Big point of emphasis being how Frieren and Fern interpret the difference 10 years make. But Eisen raising a great point that her last 10 years changed her. This episode starts the journey to Aureloe for Freiren and Fern. In the first part of the episode does a great job at showcasing how magic can be use for some absolute evil. Fern having the confidence to saying she would shoot a fake Heiter, but was unable to do that until Freiren blast on the devil revealed it to them.

Latter part of the episode had the introduction to Stark whom is Eisen's Apprentice and they did a great job with. With more to look forward to for next week.

Some things that were changed or added from the manga were mostly minor. They added more to Fern getting chased by the dragon which is nice. Finally they added animation to the dancing Golem, which is funny af.

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.05.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.16.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.17.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.17.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.18.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.19.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.21.27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.38.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.40.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.40.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.45.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.45.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_1.45.31_PM.png

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Goblin Slayer is back :blessed:. Given its a different studio its a different art style, but quality wise it shouldn't be affected. I do think characters like Elf looking less serious does hurt it. This damn wizard gonna annoy me :unimpressed:. Priestess leading a party is a big step for her so thats cool actually.

Also finished rewatched of SxF. The complaints regarding part 2 are valid more so the episodic complaints. More so referring to the episodes besides Dog Bomb, Tennis Arc and the finale. All were good episodes but given that there was no progress in Anya's stella or bolts I do get the complaints. With that being said SxF just gonna get better from here on out. I think S2 will start with Damian's arc if I remember the manga correctly.

Got damn Tokyo Revengers came back swinging. Fades were being thrown left and right. Felt like Streets of Rage 2 with nikkas getting ran over by motorcycles and shyt. :mjlol:

The 1st episode of Shield Hero season 3 is already better than the whole last season. This shyt got potential and already more interesting than that spirit turtle bullshyt and wizard nikka.

Oh shyt?? Goblin Slayer and Tokyo Revengers are back???

shyt!!!! I’m out of town in fukking Kentucky

Are they on Hulu or have to go to a streaming site?

If so on the latter, can someone hook me up?

I forget to save the address of my sides on my iPad. And I won’t be able to check these out till like Monday when I return home.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Oh shyt?? Goblin Slayer and Tokyo Revengers are back???

shyt!!!! I’m out of town in fukking Kentucky

Are they on Hulu or have to go to a streaming site?

If so on the latter, can someone hook me up?

I forget to save the address of my sides on my iPad. And I won’t be able to check these out till like Monday when I return home.
Well legally Goblin Slayer is on Crunchy. Or on the usually sites. :sas2:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
SpellBlades EP 14 This series continues to impress me.

We got jokes at the start. And love how last episode we had serious Nanao and now we got back to cute and dense Nanao. I adore her. We also got Milligan shipping her and Oliver not surprising. Also gotta say I am impressed at how well Milligan can adapt to the situation against Rivermoore.

Once again the series impresses me on another good backstory. Ophelia lived most of her life being used as a tool for breeding basically being called a Whore. But both Carlos and Godfrey really wanted to be there for Ophelia. And her confidence seemed to grow, but unfortunately the bullying became stronger then it ever was before. And thus Ophelia heart grew distant. Even if it wasn't his fault Godfrey was her senpai and friend. If any of our friends irl go on the wrong path we will question ourselves what could I have done that could have prevented this. I empathize what Godfrey is going through.

Curious how the finale goes since Pete managed to begin his escape, hopefully someone notices him.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.27.36_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.46.37_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.49.28_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.49.46_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.52.59_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.55.29_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.57.02_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.57.56_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-10-06_at_2.58.39_PM.png

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The Kingdom of Ruin:picard:

It wasn’t enough to to shoot her in the head
But a Firing Squad
Than a Beheading:gucci:

All while she’s half naked with 1000’s of people taking pictures/videos :dahell:

This might be good:whoo:

Main Character goin to go Ham next week

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Shield Hero is back? :patrice:

The last season was complete garbage juice. I don't even know if I should continue.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shield Hero is back? :patrice:

The last season was complete garbage juice. I don't even know if I should continue.
Man I don't know why anyone would waste time with that. S2 was so fukking trash and hella the last few episodes of S1 was awkward imo.

This season is beyond stack with shows why waste time with something like Shield Hero is beyond my understanding.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Man I don't know why anyone would waste time with that. S2 was so fukking trash and hella the last few episodes of S1 was awkward imo.

This season is beyond stack with shows why waste time with something like Shield Hero is beyond my understanding.
Wait you was just in here preaching to folks about everyone having a right to preference. Some prefer to watch Shield Hero, gotta keep that same energy my G. :mjgrin: