storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Depends how they voice samus and that perspective since Nintendo characters being basically silent makes it tricky. Same thing with Link. Could be great, if executed well.
I'd trust these guys because of how well they've characterized the Belmont clan, Alucard, and especially Dracula. They've respected the source material while adding depth to a bunch of characters that I never paid much thought during the NES era or even through Symphony of the Night. It makes me feel like I could trust them with characters like Samus or Link.

Btw, did you ever peep the Zelda mangas? I've always been curious about their quality. The N64 stories really feel like they'd make great plots.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I'd trust these guys because of how well they've characterized the Belmont clan, Alucard, and especially Dracula. They've respected the source material while adding depth to a bunch of characters that I never paid much thought during the NES era or even through Symphony of the Night. It makes me feel like I could trust them with characters like Samus or Link.

Btw, did you ever peep the Zelda mangas? I've always been curious about their quality. The N64 stories really feel like they'd make great plots.
Na. My reading list is beyond filled. I believe they are pretty solid. Wouldn’t touch them till you played the respective games obviously. Also the twilight Princess manga is 11 volumes Damn

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
2 gems that I have been watching this season. The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today and Gene of AI ended today.

Masterful Cat legit one of the funniest shows from the year. This or Tomo-chan have the best comedy so far for me. Comedy is so refreshing that we get from most comedy anime and Saku being a depressed working adult was hella relatable. Yukichi bringing top tier fukkery to the show was icing on the cake as well.

Gene of Ai is the show that has interesting topics, but as a show the lack of central storyline beyond the sci-fi what if topics it presents. What if AI advanced to a degree that we have AI which pratically act like people? (Called humanoids in the show). How do they differ from people? How do they differ from Robots. This topics I found fascinating. This is def a show due to its episodic nature that is better consumed weekly then binged. I do hope the manga gets translated or anime gets a sequel season cause it caught my interest.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gege had everything planned up till Shibuya. If you told me someone else wrote the series post shibuya I would believe you.
This makes all the sense in the world. The storytelling fell off a cliff post Shibuya after being so tightly written before

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Watched the Frieren debut episodes. It has a different approach than what I expect from a fantasy adventure - Frieren starts in the aftermath of a party's decade long journey to defeat a demon king and their separation.

The mage of that party is an elf who doesn't age and struggles to understand the value of time. She has to watch her party members die, which only then does she understand how important they were and has regrets about not spending more time with them. So the story revolves around her attempts to make more meaningful connections with others while they are living. It's very much concerned about topics of death and the purpose of life, more so than overcoming external conflicts with a group of friends.

Good start. The MC is very likable and her development feels genuine which is what I ask for with stories like this. The production quality is some of the best I've seen in a while in this genre. The world building has a lot of potential based on what has been shown so far. Will follow weekly to see where it goes.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Undead Girl Murder Farce is fun. Didn't think i was gonna care for the werewolf story-line, and more or less had it figured out from the get-go, but the way they executed the reveal and some of the swerves at the end still made it captivated and worth while.

It also helps that outside of the main 3, it ain't no getting saved by the nick of time shyt when the action starts action'in. If the side characters go at it, it's a good chance somebody gon die. Helps with the suspense. I wonder how long this series is tho, the overarchiving story is pretty clear and straight to the point.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch God damn Bleach went fukking hard for that finale :damn: :damn:. Like week and the first of the back to back finale episodes was great. But that final episodes holy god damn.

Yhwach stealing and redistributing the Quincy powers as fukked up as it is was foreshadowed at the end of part 1. When Ichigo's mom lost her quicy powers as shown in the flashback.

We got the Back and forth between Squad Zero and Quincy. You think that Squad 0 aint what they hyped to be they and they suddenly went you think this is even a power of one squad :childplease:. 3 of them kill themselves distributing the power to Senjumaru to use her bankai to fukking eliminate 6 quincy frame 1 :ooh: :damn:

We think Yhwach got one over Ichibei then suddenly using the power of the other Shinigami to nail out Yhwach. Ichigo and the boys aint even made it up yet and all of this is happening. Are we about to get a showdown with squad zero :damn:.

Yamamoto man this dude was a real one who created a family. He was a true leader Yhwach and Ichibei just be looking at the Shinigami and Quincy under them as tools imo.

Part 2 felt slower then part 1, but imo this finale was more hype. Tho obviously part 1's finale hit harder since it was Ichigo focused. :whew:. Part 3 hopefully coming next spring.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_1.12.47_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_1.14.29_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_1.16.39_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_1.17.24_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_1.17.35_PM.png

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Mappa back on thier bullshyt :pacspit:

Gawd damn :picard:

Those poor fukkers probably killing themselves to give us straight heat for Shibuya without any breaks and a number of them probably already in talks to continue to work ASAP on Culling Games :dead: :wow:

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Undead Girl Murder Farce is fun. Didn't think i was gonna care for the werewolf story-line, and more or less had it figured out from the get-go, but the way they executed the reveal and some of the swerves at the end still made it captivated and worth while.

It also helps that outside of the main 3, it ain't no getting saved by the nick of time shyt when the action starts action'in. If the side characters go at it, it's a good chance somebody gon die. Helps with the suspense. I wonder how long this series is tho, the overarchiving story is pretty clear and straight to the point.
It seems like the anime caught up to the novels. But it seemed to be hiatus or something till the anime started. The end goal of Aya getting her body and having her peace I would guess is the end goal of the series. S2 will def be a wait for what I can see. Unfortunately no translation for the novels as far as I can see.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It seems like the anime caught up to the novels. But it seemed to be hiatus or something till the anime started. The end goal of Aya getting her body and having her peace I would guess is the end goal of the series. S2 will def be a wait for what I can see. Unfortunately no translation for the novels as far as I can see.
Yup. Even with some of the episodic elements with the mystery solving, I still get the vibe that this series was meant for a good time, not a long time.

It's pretty concentrated (which isn't a bad thing by any means). I imagine these 13 eps is the end of s1 then? If so, i'd be surprised if s2 doesn't wrap it all up.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ragna Crimson Debuted with a 1 hr special. They adapted Ch. 1 and most of Ch. 2. Kind of surprised they didn't try to adapt all of Ch. 2 as well but I won't complain how they did things as foundation is important to set for any anime.

They did a really good job to set the tone of this series. Its an edgy action Dark Fantasy. They did a great job at showcasing Leo and Ragnas relationship very well. Also the pain and reget that old Ragna felt having everyone especially Leo die and being alone. The pain of suffering over and over again. They did a great job at that.

Biggest thing for me is voice acting and animation. Voice acting sounds great to me from this episode and as long as animation holds up this should be a good action show for anime fans this season. Really looking forward to next week to seeing the debut of my favorite character in the series.I will point out writing isn't this series' strengths more so the action and the interaction of all these characters that aren't black or white. Keep that in mind when trying to watch this.

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_3.38.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_3.38.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_3.41.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_3.45.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_3.52.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_3.52.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_3.52.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_4.08.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_4.15.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_4.15.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_4.15.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-30_at_4.16.19_PM.png