tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Caught the first episode of
My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer.

Unlike a lot of father daughter series in Japan manga & light novels where it starts wholesome and ends up :sitdown: This series is finished and stays wholesome. But damn animation looked beyond rough. Will read the ln and keep this in my backlog to watch for later.

Watching this on the same day as JJK, Kenshin and Dr. stone is way too jarring. :russ:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Bleh, I think that's overblowing it. I agree with the first part of the statement but not the the rest.
JJK from the start -> shibuya be something truly special. Top tier Shonen run. And that was for like 17 volumes or so :whew:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
JJK from the start -> shibuya be something truly special. Top tier Shonen run. And that was for like 17 volumes or so :whew:
I agree that Gege had a clear layout till Shibuya and after it's been him both stretching it and rushing it, probably because Shonen Jump has been on his ass and dude just wants to end it :dead: but he's still the same writer. I don't think he was ever THAT good, and I don't think he' THAT bad now either.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I agree that Gege had a clear layout till Shibuya and after it's been him both stretching it and rushing it, probably because Shonen Jump has been on his ass and dude just wants to end it :dead: but he's still the same writer. I don't think he was ever THAT good, and I don't think he' THAT bad now either.
Secret inventory was imo. Rest of the way it was more so consistently solid for a long stretch. i do think post shibuya he has gotten away from the strengths of the series.

It’s every evident on how culling games ended that gege was looking to be done sooner then he planned.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
That split personality of Kenshin is intimidating af. One angle he be one of the nicest dudes. But if you piss him off he goes beyond :demonic:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End debuted today with 4 episodes :damn:. Having read the manga the anime captured the feeling perfectly from the manga.

They could have just given us episode 1 which would have been enough to be a fantastic premier. But giving us 4 high quality episodes off the bat is insane.

So many fantasy anime mainly deal with the journey. But very few deal with post journey. Focusing on a character who has a super long life span brings in a lot of questions. The biggest which is shown how their time is preceived different. An elves interpretation of time clearly differs much more dramatically than a humans. Also the other big difference is the opportunity for growth and change which goes off this point.

These episodes early on given you a chance to get a feel how Frieren views time as things change so fast. Like how we see little Fern grow up as one example.

Regarding these 4 episodes

Episode 1: Major theme was sadness and regret. You see after they defeated the demon lord, Frieren took their adventure for granted basically. After all 10 years is nothing to her. But it also leads to one of her biggest faults not to taking in account others into her view of things. This is apparent as Eisen lives a long life as well but he is empathetic. You see the start of Frieren recognizing this when she sees how much Himmel changes in approximately 50 years. It hits her even harder during Himmel's funeral. That scene was truly :mjcry: :to:. Frieren was emotionless for most of the episode, but damn that hit as hard if not harder then the manga.

Episode 2: This is the start of Frieren's change. As just visiting Heiter is a small but a big change for her. Here we are introduced to Fern the 2nd member of our main cast. Heiter despite being a corrupted priest wanted to bring both Freiren and Fern together. Frieren who was so opposed to having an apprentice wanted her to open up to the idea. Also knowing traveling is much much better with companions. Meanwhile Fern whom he basically adopted lost her parents early on. Heiter whos days were numbered wanted someone to look out and accompany Fern. Granted he did have to trick Frieren, but he knew it was all for these 2 girls benefit.

Also in this episode we learn about Himmel's favorite flowers the blue-moon weed. Frieren wanted to have these rare flowers surrounded the statue of her friend. This is where for the first time we see Fern being more respectful of Fern's time since her differs much from her own. Normally a spell to grow any flower is irrelevant, but if it is the favorite of her former friends it can be one of the most powerful friends.

Episode 3: This is where we see Fern acting less of a sister to Frieren, but more of a mom. Which is a funny contrast to how she was in her original party. None of the guys were gonna baby her, but let her be herself, which might be part of the reason she was so unaware of others during their journey. Fern lets it be known that she needs to be capable of doing these basic things. But this is what makes the dynamic of their relationship so great. Frieren giving Fern a gift was a great sign to show that Frieren continues to be more aware of these things. But obviously Fern is grateful that Frieren even thought about getting her the hair pin.

When Freiren and Fern fight Qual this really showcased some great world building on how magic has evolved. Qual's killing magic was so deadly to the main party during their main adventure their only choice was to seal him. Its shown through that 80 year time magic evolved where Qual's killing magic is now considered regular magic to Fern. Offensively and especially defensive magic evolved greatly during that time.

Episode 4: This final premier episode headlines what is the main end path for this story for now, Goal for Frieren is to able to communicate with Himmel despite being dead. Frieren's master Flamme was able to do so as Eisen got leads to information that he was able to give to Fireren.

Overall this is one series where imo reading the manga first or watching the anime first doesn't seem to be a better experience then the other. Which is great since you can read or watch in the medium that one personally enjoys more.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.00.25_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.16.12_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.16.19_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.16.34_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.16.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.20.32_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.34.14_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.39.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.47.24_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_1.59.22_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_2.57.02_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2023-09-29_at_3.11.51_PM.png