tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yup I dropped it after 4-5 episodes because it was incredibly underwhelming. The story is fun but it ain't anything special to the point of overcoming such a lazy effort in animation.
Wouldn’t call it lazy since you can tell they are picking and choosing which tells me it’s more a lack of budget.

I do disagree regard the story and characters they are great and truly shine. It’s a lot like undead girl murder farce where each character has a compelling dynamic to them that has me glued to the screen. Comedy wise this and master cat are by far the best of that genre For this season.

Also seeing how different demons and humans and their intentions differ so much. If I wasn’t watching the anime I would definitely pick up the manga.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
@Obreh Winfrey finally picking good anime joints. :blessed:
ezgif-3-0b477dc928.gif

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

really only checking for Frieien, A Returner's Magic and Pluto when it drops.

I can't believe Beserk of Gluttony getting greenlit. Manga was trash so I dropped it (watch it be a sleeper hit)

edit: :ohhh: A Playthrough of a certain dude's VRMMO life was possibly the first manga I read of that type (guy plays video games, does great things), and I throughly enjoyed it for the fluffy mid that it was . That's on my list too

I'm sure some other shyt gonna catch my attention.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
For stuff that I have read:
  • Frieren: Beyond Journey's End - everything about this shyt is looking Madhouse + the Bocchi director. The manga is fukking amazing. It deals with the post-adventure topic and how you move on from it. But it is not a sad manga unlike To Your Eternity it does focus on the negative points but instead reflects on the positive points of moving forward. Writing is fantastic. Very interested how they do the fight since outside of Stark all the fights are done by mages. There is 4 episodes dropping this Friday.
  • 100 Girlfriends - This goes hard in parodying the romance & harem genre. As a comedy its fantastic, but that is because its self aware its a series you aren't supposed to take seriously. The one asterisk if you don't really watch much romance & genre it prob is a pass I would say.
  • Ragna Crimson - Assuming this gets a good adaptation this fits well for those wanting a good action series. It basically is a revenge story but the path that the Mc gets his revenge is pretty unique I would say. Not caught up with the manga, but the characters and their motivations really impressed me. Now I will say if animation ends up being mediocre this should be a skip cause imo its pretty dependent on that.
  • Shangri-La Frontier - If you a hardcore gamer this is a must watch. Mc basically is a hardcore gamer, but in the unconventional sense. First few episodes might be slightly slow, but when the first event in the story happens the series becomes great and hasn't let up through volume 7 which is as far as I read so far.

For stuff I haven't read but caught my interest:
  • Apothecary Diaries - The first trailer that caught my attention looked really good. It looks like a mystery series and a high regarded Ln so keeping an eye on this one.
  • Undead Unluck - I heard mixed things of the manga. But the animation looks really good so on that alone I'm gonna give it a shot.
  • Ron Kamonohashi's Forbidden Deductions - I actually am tempted to read this since its free on jump. But a detective mystery where the leads sound like they could be great banter. I don't think it will live up to Undead Girl Murder Farce I am intrigued by it.
You add sequels and returning shows:
  • JJK
  • Dark Gathering
  • Helck
  • Kenshin Remake
  • SxF S2
  • Goblin Slayer S2
  • Dr Stone New World Pt 2
  • Emmience in Shadow S2
  • Dead Mount Death Play Pt 2
Everyone will def find some show for them to watch this season and add to their backlog.

A Returner's Magic?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Hot take but Kengan Ashura is better than Baki

Agreed
Better and more realistic fights. Music and characters are about equal. Kengan got better animation imo. At least nikkas look different and not just varying sizes of swollness like in Baki. I love Baki though and its fukkery is top notch, but Kengan just hit harder. Crazy how we got to see both kinda back to back or at least just some weeks apart.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
i been out of the loop with new anime. going to check out Zom 100 and Freiren: Beyond Journey's End. lemme see whats up with Jujutsu Kaisen too, seems to be pretty popular. (just started chapter 1 of the manga)

damn i'm larry holmes out here smh. haven't even watched Mob Psycho III yet :sadcam:

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
i been out of the loop with new anime. going to check out Zom 100 and Freiren: Beyond Journey's End. lemme see whats up with Jujutsu Kaisen too, seems to be pretty popular. (just started chapter 1 of the manga)

damn i'm larry holmes out here smh. haven't even watched Mob Psycho III yet :sadcam:

Mob Psycho 3 goes to the top of the damn list immediately

Put midjutsu snoozefest down :ufdup: . I can't even make it past episode 5, I've tried to watch episode 6 multiple times