winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel like this is the best anime confession scene I've seen.

The show did an excellent job of building up to it. They say it's said with a casual smile. Just says screw it and goes all in on the confession.

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I feel like this is the best anime confession scene I've seen.

The show did an excellent job of building up to it. They say it's said with a casual smile. Just says screw it and goes all in on the confession.

Slow burn but well done needed more episodes for me too see how high I can view it properly
Gonna have to read it eventually

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's weird how MT dances around such a mundane thing like Fitz's identity just for the hell of it. She should have just told him in the beginning. It's not a big deal. It just seems like the show is hiding it to ratchet up drama. At least this episode teased that we could be moving past this. I didn't think this would turn into The Beginning After The End where the core plot becomes dominated by the reincarnates and who / what they were in their previous lives especially considering Rudeus was basically a nobody and King Grey was a crucial person for his previous world.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@Black_Panther_JS Man Dark Gathering killed it with today's episode :wow: Finished adapting volume 3.This chapter from the manga was the first actual creepy/scary moment and they did a good job with it. Prologue of the story is basically done and once again it did do a great at showcasing the Yayoi aint one to be fukked with. Episode felt quick af :damn:

The only compliant is that they censored this panel from the manga. It's disappointing, but it doesn't have an effect on upcoming episodes so just gotta deal with it.

hfrfd.png

Beyond those are watching better buckle up this is only the beginning and we gonna get into some good horror stuff since we getting 25 episodes. Hopefully the animation stays consistent because this episode gave me a lot of confidence in the level of the adaptation. Also adapting in a 1/1.5/1.5 feels really good compared to the 1/1/2 that they did for volume 2.

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.24.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.28.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.28.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.31.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.32.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.38.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.38.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.38.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.38.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.39.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.43.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.44.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.44.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.44.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.45.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.49.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-09-03_at_1.50.42_PM.png

Kondou (mangaka) drew this for today's episode

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Great MT episode today. Bind nailed the Nanahoshi/Rudeus encounter and the contrast between their reincarnated experiences. His panic upon seeing the subordinate to Orsted felt so authentic. You can definitely tell which parts of the LN that they consider to be the "core" of the story and what they do not based on the production effort.

They also did well to capture Sylphy's anger upon hearing that Nanahoshi triggered the mana teleportation. She does not know the whereabouts of her family because of that, spent years thinking that her best friend was dead, understandably enraged towards a supposed culprit despite not knowing the details.

next episode preview suggests that Sylphy will reveal her identity or be right on the cusp of it.

It's weird how MT dances around such a mundane thing like Fitz's identity just for the hell of it. She should have just told him in the beginning. It's not a big deal. It just seems like the show is hiding it to ratchet up drama. At least this episode teased that we could be moving past this. I didn't think this would turn into The Beginning After The End where the core plot becomes dominated by the reincarnates and who / what they were in their previous lives especially considering Rudeus was basically a nobody and King Grey was a crucial person for his previous world.

It makes sense to me based on Sylphy's characterization up to this point, not to mention that it's been ten years since they've met so she's not confident that he remembers her.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Great MT episode today. Bind nailed the Nanahoshi/Rudeus encounter and the contrast between their reincarnated experiences. His panic upon seeing the subordinate to Orsted felt so authentic. You can definitely tell which parts of the LN that they consider to be the "core" of the story and what they do not based on the production effort.

They also did well to capture Sylphy's anger upon hearing that Nanahoshi triggered the mana teleportation. She does not know the whereabouts of her family because of that, spent years thinking that her best friend was dead, understandably enraged towards a supposed culprit despite not knowing the details.

next episode preview suggests that Sylphy will reveal her identity or be right on the cusp of it.

It makes sense to me based on Sylphy's characterization up to this point, not to mention that it's been ten years since they've met so she's not confident that he remembers her.
Even if he doesn't remember she should have just rip the band aid off and move on. She could also as Fitz ask him about any childhood friends he had where he came from.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Even if he doesn't remember she should have just rip the band aid off and move on. She could also as Fitz ask him about any childhood friends he had where he came from.

Should, but hesitant to do so because of low self esteem and fear of rejection. She does try to throw hints his way but to no avail. Her hair being white now complicates things a bit.

It'll get resolved soon enough though.