Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I dunno man maybe I'm getting too old but I can't be watching anime where niccas having whole conversations in the middle of battle describing exactly how their abilities work during the actual fight. Like did people think this was it back in the days?
shyt was always dumb to me.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I dunno man maybe I'm getting too old but I can't be watching anime where niccas having whole conversations in the middle of battle describing exactly how their abilities work during the actual fight. Like did people think this was it back in the days?
I think anyone that has watched anime realized the dumb troupes it has, specially shounen, but when you are younger you just don't give a fukk (you also haven't seen that many quality shows anyway). As you get older you either turn your brain off and enjoy the silliness or just go watch the next thing :manny:

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watched through Saint Isekai (The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent)

Its pretty it is quite clearly Jossei wish fulfillment (basically every isekai is wish fulfillment lol so no surprise minus the parody ones), but overall pretty solid. Interesting to have two characters to be isekaied into this world and the tension between them is solid. The prince character was actually a much better character then I was expecting. The lore with the saint and the stuff with alchemy was cool. Episodes were predictable but not a big issue.

Wouldn't really reccomend it here since you have to tolerate shoujo & jossei stuff given its target audience. Wasn't intrigued enough to watch weekly when S2 starts next season, but something I would put into my backlog.

About to watch Dead Mount Death Play cour 1. The manga is fantastic so interested how it did the build up part of the story.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
What you brehs say is an anime (that is at least good, it cant be trash) where the main character is the worst part, show or main cast?
Outside of shirou in fate UBW sometimes, I can't think of many like this. Maybe the MC of fate acropyca counts too but I haven't finished it.

I thought there would be more examples but I'm blanking out :ohhh:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
What you brehs say is an anime (that is at least good, it cant be trash) where the main character is the worst part, show or main cast?
Outside of shirou in fate UBW sometimes, I can't think of many like this. Maybe the MC of fate acropyca counts too but I haven't finished it.

tokyo revengers

tenchi muyo and really most harem anime tbh

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

At least term I assume applies to genres like even if you don’t care for the genre it still would be good. (Obviously if someone hates the genre that doesn’t apply. )

Dark gathering and my happy marriage are examples for me.

For people that don’t watch shounens like that JJK would be an example.

On another note if the Mc is complete trash the show is gonna suffer imo. Now if the main cast is trash I don’t see how that can be good.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Helck was mostly a SoL episode, but it feels like the calm before the storm. Feels like there is foreshadowing tone to even get more serious.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-29_at_2.49.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-29_at_2.50.54_PM.png

Helck just realizing that now :mjlol:.Honestly feels like the Witch is a future version of Vamirio given that an older version of Piwi is there and she knows so much about Helck. Kind of a crazy theory.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-29_at_2.52.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-29_at_2.56.33_PM.png

Piwi sticking around means a guaranteed amount of fukkery each episode :lolbron:

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

@Obreh Winfrey :picard: