LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch Alright just finished OG Bleach. Its a great starter anime. Fights upon fights. Once Soul Society arc starts minus filler the series is always pushing the envelope forward. It does have the dilemma where Ichigo is always pushing forward and his friends in comparison can't keep up. So they get pushed by the side.

Ichigo and Rukia as far as the main cast is considered head and shoulders above them. Tho as far as the side cast is considered. Urahara, Yoruichi and Byakuya prob my favorites. Urahara and Yoruichi have a great dynamic especially when compared to the rest of soul society. Meanwhile Byakuya has a lot more depth then you expect. Hes a very ridged man in terms of his duty but considering the promise he made to his late wife whom is Rukia's sister the aftermath of the soul society arc bringing his story to light is great. Plus the way he gets under Kenpachi skin got me :deadrose:

Aizen is a great villain since it got full put out there. His demise felt a lil too fast for my taste, but not too much to complain for me. One issue with villains in general, which is a shounen problem supposedly we get to learn about them after they die. For me I wish I could learn about this stuff before hand. Unfortunately with characters like Gin and Ginjou the way their twists are written you can't really do that well. Tosen is one that absolutely was hurt by how late it happens.

The transition between Arrancar and FullBringer arcs makes me wonder if the plan was only till Aizen was defeated and mangaka decided to continue given the success of the manga. The origin of the fullbringer stuff is pretty poorly explained imo. I like how it makes you look at soul society in the sense can you really 100% trust all of them. The thing where they were originally planning to kill Ichigo after they take care of Ginjou was interesting. Gonna start TTBW soon.
All very valid points and criticisms across the board, I can't disagree. Byakuya, Yoruichi, and Mayuri were my favorite Soul Society characters, I liked their layered personalities but a seemingly simple man like Kenpachi isn't far behind either, guy always manages to be a highlight. Aizen is Aizen, dude is a GOAT unattainable villain for me, just written so well that his aloofness is palpable. Honestly I enjoyed most of the "villains" including those who ended up not being that in the classical sense like my boy Starrk, Grimmjow, Halibel, and Gin.

The find out about the villain on the verge of death/defeat trope that's all over a majority of anime should have been dead a long time ago. It's a form of hand holding where you don't trust the reader/audience to be able to get behind the story of they don't believe the antagonist is 100% evil. Rooted in the traditional mode of storytelling but it often does more harm than good in the past 10 years at least, there's no surprise that those stories that step outside that tend to be better for the nuance.

Glad you're ready for TYBW, it's a clear tier above OG Bleach. There's a weight, a sense of finality it that's much needed and adds a sense of urgency. I will say OG Bleach had better music and comedy but that's it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.01.58_PM.png

This moment had me dead :mjlol: :deadrose:

This episode had an ironic sense of Rudy meeting back with Sylphie and he sees him as a guy. Now the annoying stuff from this episode.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.10.15_PM.png

Listen it was funny the first time when Rudy couldn't get this john up. It keep being repeated is more annoying plus he legit has a real reason for coming here. :unimpressed:

I do think the students being cold with Rudy has development with his former life since he was bullied and all that. Tho the whole him catching the panties by accident and a hoard of girls surrounding him was kinda pointless since it felt like an excuse for him to interact with Sylphie again. But that felt pointless since he already made contact with Sylphie twice already.

MT is obviously a really good series but the weird shyt will always hold it back. And I really enjoyed Part 2 of S1 the most since it really toned that shyt down compared to Part one. But now author shifted it from Rudy's weird shyt to now the general surrounding cast. Like the thot being cursed is the reason she is a thot. Author really had to justify a reason for it.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_1.45.18_PM.png

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood

This episode had an ironic sense of Rudy meeting back with Sylphie and he sees him as a guy. Now the annoying stuff from this episode.

Listen it was funny the first time when Rudy couldn't get this john up. It keep being repeated is more annoying plus he legit has a real reason for coming here. :unimpressed:

I do think the students being cold with Rudy has development with his former life since he was bullied and all that. Tho the whole him catching the panties by accident and a hoard of girls surrounding him was kinda pointless since it felt like an excuse for him to interact with Sylphie again. But that felt pointless since he already made contact with Sylphie twice already.

MT is obviously a really good series but the weird shyt will always hold it back. And I really enjoyed Part 2 of S1 the most since it really toned that shyt down compared to Part one. But now author shifted it from Rudy's weird shyt to now the general surrounding cast. Like the thot being cursed is the reason she is a thot. Author really had to justify a reason for it.

Peak moment in the next three episodes :banderas:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The transition between Arrancar and FullBringer arcs makes me wonder if the plan was only till Aizen was defeated and mangaka decided to continue given the success of the manga. The origin of the fullbringer stuff is pretty poorly explained imo. I like how it makes you look at soul society in the sense can you really 100% trust all of them. The thing where they were originally planning to kill Ichigo after they take care of Ginjou was interesting. Gonna start TTBW soon.
There's foreshadowing in Bleach that suggest that isn't true. Especially related to Zangetsu.
This was in a very early chapter of Bleach
jzbnm4nkin881.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

You are completely missing the point of those interactions :hubie:

And yeah, Elinalise is basically comedy fodder but the real reason for her curse if legit fukked up, not sure it will be explained in the anime but the author did her wrong with that backstory :picard:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Dark Gathering with another solid episode. The beginning part of the episode was really good. In the sense we get more about Kei trying to better himself and wanting not to be so independent on Eiko. Also we see see Eiko really trying to help Kei. The advice when she was picking out clothles for him is really sweet. Of course her obsession also she her stalking in him. For where we are in the anime it creates a conflict where there are signs she genuinely cares about him. But the obsession is clearly there. Also hilarious once Yayoi feels the ghosts presence she joins Eiko.

The tone shift into the horror is great because once it shift it fully goes into it. Animation was ok here but everything happened so fast it feels more thrilling then scary. The point Yayoi makes that Kei just can't avoid the supernatural is very true. And considering he wants to cure Eiko from the curse its clearly something he can't fully dive into.

I am curious how they will go about next episode since looking at the manga. Ideally finishing V2 would be optimal since Ch. 6 + 7 work well in one episode. Just wondering how will go about pacing since everything has been 1 chapter so far.

Also more drop thats important to pay attention to as we continue with this series. Spirits basically use other spirits as basically energy. There is a reason later on explains why those spirits refuse to die as spirits. But they gather and consume other spirits to gain strength and continue to live on. As this episode explains spirits over time get weaker.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.45.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.45.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.46.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.51.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.51.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.51.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.54.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.54.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.54.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_2.54.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_3.02.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_3.03.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_3.03.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_3.04.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_3.04.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_3.10.49_PM.png

Also here is Kenichi Kondou's (mangaka of Dark Gathering) illustration of episode 5.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Rudy really
mistakenly walked through the girls dorm after curfew, had some panties fall on him, got accused of being a panty thief....

only for "Fitz" to come running down like "I dropped these by accident when I was hanging them to dry"

:mindblown: DOESNT REALIZE FITZ IS A GIRL :mindblown:

:francis: dawg, you gotta do better. Do better, Rudy.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I wanna like Helck, but it feels/looks too much like some 80s shyt you'd use to find on the bottom shelf of the VHS section in the sex toy store.

edit: SO I BEEN TOLD :whoa:
A lot of the new shows from this season (meaning, not something getting a 2nd, 3rd, whatever n° season) are harmless stuff that can fill 20 minutes of your free time but I haven't found 1 show that legit has me :ohhh: a better animated Helck could've been it but alas :hubie:

It's like Zom 100 is the show with animation that is way beyond the writing so it makes it worth it and Helck is the complete opposite , interesting show with dogshyt animation.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
A lot of the new shows from this season (meaning, not something getting a 2nd, 3rd, whatever n° season) are harmless stuff that can fill 20 minutes of your free time but I haven't found 1 show that legit has me :ohhh: a better animated Helck could've been one but alas :hubie:
Not even Undead Girl Murder Farce?

For those that like romance my happy marriage is prob the best novel adaptation we have had so far.

Daps

There's a lot more odd stuff coming