Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
JJK My body wasn't ready for that ending. I didn't read the manga, but I felt that was masterfully executed for what happened to Riko. Megumi father Toji is a menace and wasn't expecting all of that. I assume this is the arc that turns Geto into the character we saw in JJK0

Season has been great so far, and can't wait for more to unfold

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Nier episodes are up on CrunchRoll now.
They been doing shyt literally panel for panel, knowing that, just going back and rereading those chapters again is :banderas: we really got nothing but piff this season to look forward to and maybe 1 episode of talking
When Mappa's A team gets put in the work we get greatness like this :blessed: I kind of thought they would cliff hanger Gojo getting stabbed at the end of ep 2, but the execution with ep 3 was so :wow: they going all out here. Gonna rewatch this arc after they have their break in August i
Jujutsu is in a league of it's own, I'm sorry. Nobody else is cooking gumbo like this :hubie:
If just talking about shounens yea. Tho CSM when it gets to the best of pt 1 will be in competition. Also hopefully Mappa can put a better effort in Jigo's S2 and be more consistent throughout.

Demon Slayer is fun and animation heat. But it feels too generic shounen which isn't bad. The other members of the Demon Slayer group MHA, Fairy Tail and BC aint even in the same conversation. As the 3 Dark Shounens that I listed above.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Issa cotdamn shame what these fanboys have been doing to FLCL, this is like the 3rd rebooted season and they STILL just tryna catch the energy the first season had :scust: completely missing the point
FLCL is that one series that did so very well in it's fist run that there's no way to recreate that same magic when being brought back

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If just talking about shounens yea. Tho CSM when it gets to the best of pt 1 will be in competition. Also hopefully Mappa can put a better effort in Jigo's S2 and be more consistent throughout.

Demon Slayer is fun and animation heat. But it feels too generic shounen which isn't bad. The other members of the Demon Slayer group MHA, Fairy Tail and BC aint even in the same conversation. As the 3 Dark Shounens that I listed above.

Didn't care for CSM. Didn't find the premise interesting (come on man, a dude that transforms limbs into chainsaws?) and found the main character weird - I think I remember reading a couple manga chapters and dude was so spineless and some girl said she'd adopt him as a pet and had him on a leash or some shyt. I can't get jiggy with that. Then the anime came, I saw one episode and didn't like the artstyle and direction. I know that it's popular, but it doesn't appeal to my sensitivities.

Demon Slayer is nice, I like it - although with Demon Slayer, in some regards, it still suffers from anime old story telling artifacts like the ultra focus on Tanjiro and Nezuko, Tanjiro being framed as the second coming of Yoriichi, recycling tropes and arcs - swordsmith village arc felt like a recycled entertainment district arc with less tension etc. Side characters aren't developed or motivated to a satisfying degree. Shame because it has a good foundation that could have led to some amazing shyt, but largely it went the generic route like you said

I stopped reading/watching MHA when Mirio lost his powers, just woke up one day and my interest was gone. I've told myself I'll catch up with the anime but the one time I tried I fell asleep :yeshrug:

Now JJK - JJK is piff throughout - you can see the HxH influences right away, a bunch of cool and motivated characters, tactical fights - gojo vs toji kinda reminded me of pre-time skip naruto fights like zabuza vs kakashi or itachi vs kurenai/asuma/kakashi where the focus is on bunshin feints, small scale jutsu and tactical analysis and execution - those are my favorite fights. shyt just speaks to me on a different level :hubie:

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Also finished watching the last part of the NieR Automata episodes that dropped this morning. God damn this adaptation was beyond what I was expecting it was great :wow: .They could have done 1:1 and just have a good anime but they outdid themselves here. The anime itself is good on its own. But you can't really appreciate unless played the game first. So much shyt had me :ohhh: . Had me thinking back. Also having it being an alternate route to the destination really kept me on my toes. Animation and direction were amazing. In comparison its right up with JJK, Bungeo Stray Dogs and My Happy Marriage if we comparing stuff from this season.

On another note we gotta talk about Aniplex and while yes they delivered here the fact it took 7 months for this to come out is :snoop: Talk about having an agregious scheduling and production. Mappa deserves all the shyt they get despite the good anime they pull out, but Aniplex absolutely deserves the sam criticism. Yes they put out high quality shows like Mappa, but they are just an awful company like Mappa.

And this isn't the first time they had this super long delay, 86 was the exact same case for its 2nd cour.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
FLCL is that one series that did so very well in it's fist run that there's no way to recreate that same magic when being brought back
That's the problem with real success :wow: you get a whole generation of fans who think that they're fandom gives them the right to completely step on your product

These nikkas even reusing the SAME exact songs tryna catch that same feeling :dead: fukking shameless fanfiction writers

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Bungou Stray Dogs. Only a few of us keep up with it, but we feel it goes p4p with the jjks, demon slayers, csm's etc but never got the hype.
I mean if we keeping it real shows like Vinland, Golden Kamuy and BSD despite having a great combination of great characters + development, good action and great writing just won't reach the level of hype and popularity as those shounens.

I honestly prefer them. Tho S2 of JJK has some great under appreciated writing along with some insane fights. CSM will be an interesting one because its so unconventional and its very unique to the battle shounen scene.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Jujutsu is in a league of it's own, I'm sorry. Nobody else is cooking gumbo like this :hubie:
Overrated, they said. Yet here we are firing on all cylinders 3 episodes deep of heat with the best arc not even started. :wow:
Bungou Stray Dogs. Only a few of us keep up with it, but we feel it goes p4p with the jjks, demon slayers, csm's etc but never got the hype.
It's all good though, the rest will catch up or they won't but in the meantime?

im-going-to-eat-eat.gif

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
That man Rudeus had it bad. He almost commit that. :russ::russ::russ:

Thinking about it damm everyone just literally leaving Rudy. Tbh episode was kinda hard to watch, but still was pretty good. Basically thinned out that Rudy's mental state is much much worse then we realized. That girl Eris really messed his mental that bad :huhldup: