It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Random thought, but how strong is Ichigo compared to other anime protagonists?

:ohhh: :ohhh:
Ichigo regularly has to fight chars with straight up broken abilities (ywach, aizen, etc.), characters that are both powerful and insane (kenpachi), or are ridiculously explosive (anyone from heuco mundo onwards)

In ichigo's position, most anime MCs would be food :ld:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ichigo regularly has to fight chars with straight up broken abilities (ywach, aizen, etc.), characters that are both powerful and insane (kenpachi), or are ridiculously explosive (anyone from heuco mundo onwards)

Random thought, but how strong is Ichigo compared to other anime protagonists?

In short….. Ichigo would mop everyone in JJK and CSM:lolbron:

And WE mean

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, can someone tell me what’s the big deal about Neon Genesis Evangelion

Outside of the fight scenes and the design of the EVA is there anything else special about the series :manny:

The story doesn’t really keep me watching but I’ve made it through most the episodes

Maybe im missing something in the storyline :ohhh:

Balla

Superstar
Daps

In short….. Ichigo would mop everyone in JJK and CSM:lolbron:

And WE mean

How y’all feel about him against, Asta, Deku, Gojo, Naruto, and Luffy?

One on one of course.

Balla

Superstar
Daps

Outside of the fight scenes and the design of the EVA is there anything else special about the series :manny:

The story doesn’t really keep me watching but I’ve made it through most the episodes

I think the big deal is on how fukked up it is.

I actually liked the characters and wished it had more episodes dedicated to them.

To me, if it had more episodes with more character development, then it would have been that much better.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps

Special? Not really. But a lot of viewers connect to the character stories and their struggles to share their authentic selves with others. Some decent depictions of mental health that people relate to as well.

NGE is also critiquing a segment of the anime fan base who obsesses over idealistic fantasy characters, and the Japanese repressed male through Shinji. Some find that to be interesting as they pick up on it. There’s about as much critique for NGE as any anime I know of because of how it lends itself to all sorts of interpretation and theories, can be fun to rewatch with things in mind.

this isn’t something that was designed to be loved by everyone. the original run was intentionally off putting in a lot of ways, on top of the production crunch towards the end. The designs and aesthetic is the most universally loved thing about it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
How y’all feel about him against, Asta, Deku, Gojo, Naruto, and Luffy?

One on one of course.

Asta = Baked Potato
Deku = Collard Greens
Goju = BBQ Chicken
Luffy = Banana Pudding

Naruto though?:lupe:

Oh that’s different :whoa:

The dudes above (not named Naruto) ain’t seen nothing like this

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Special? Not really. But a lot of viewers connect to the character stories and their struggles to share their authentic selves with others. Some decent depictions of mental health that people relate to as well.

NGE is also critiquing a segment of the anime fan base who obsesses over idealistic fantasy characters, and the Japanese repressed male through Shinji. Some find that to be interesting as they pick up on it. There’s about as much critique for NGE as any anime I know of because of how it lends itself to all sorts of interpretation and theories, can be fun to rewatch with things in mind.

this isn’t something that was designed to be loved by everyone. the original run was intentionally off putting in a lot of ways, on top of the production crunch towards the end. The designs and aesthetic is the most universally loved thing about it.

Yea I agree. I saw a black lady in her 30s wearing a NGE t shirt earlier today and thought to myself “people just love the design aesthetics” but is the story really great?

Do most fans even care about the characters?

And what’s with all the religious themes and undertones? I never thought the Japanese were so into the Bible?

I dunno if it’s a bigger message behind it all:patrice:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yea I agree. I saw a black lady in her 30s wearing a NGE t shirt earlier today and thought to myself “people just love the design aesthetics” but is the story really great?

And what’s with all the religious themes and undertones? I never thought the Japanese were so into the Bible?

It has one of the GOAT OPs

:manny::manny:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Aight @Balla have you mentors or Division 83 brehs put you on to this

If not

@twan83 you think he ready?

You and @winb83 need to take the training wheels off and put him on 100% to y’all filth. Stop letting other niccas guide him :ufdup:

That’s a darkness u can’t comeback from :mjgrin:
Me tho

bane-batman-tom-hardy-the-gif-5150560.gif

Consumed

Superstar
Daps

Fans get very attached to the characters throughout the show. A lot of them are compelling for better or worse (Shinji is polarizing)

Here’s a quote from one of the animators about the religious symbolism -

"Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool. If we had known the show would get distributed in the US and Europe we might have rethought that choice."

That being the case, there are still 9999999 YouTube videos and articles analyzing the Christian symbolism and how it intertwines with the story, why it’s an allegory for xyz.

That’s a part of why NGE fandom is still so active - there’s so many details in the show you can look at and try to make sense of, even if it was never intended to be that deep to begin with. There’s a lot of other anime like that but none have really grabbed the attention of the mainstream like NGE.