tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
A show that I am watching that I haven't brought up before was an original called World Dai Star. It is not something I think people will like here as it is a coming of age theater anime. Went in with low expectations and tried it since I always try to give every new original a shot but honestly was pleasantly surprised. It has low melodrama which is prob why I ended up liking it more then I expected. Cast of characters is nice and the animation and concept was very clever.

I wouldn't call it great, by any means. But I enjoyed watching it.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
Screen_Shot_2023-06-24_at_8.13.57_PM.png

Rewatching MT. This scene just makes Paul look so bad. Instead of being relieved that his son is alive. He lectures him for not doing things perfectly. Rudy left the house when he was like 5 or so. He is still a kid. Also while mentally he is older, lets be honest the old him was a fukking mess with no real life experiences that could help him in his new life.

He is obviously talented but he still needs an adult to be there for him. Then to add salt to the wound that Norn's first time really seeing Rudy is seeing him beat up their father. Things do get resolved next episode iirc, but still Paul greatly fails as a father here.

Paul thought Rudeus was greater than he was. He doesn’t know about Rudeus being reincarnated so in his eyes to see how Rudeus was at such a young age made him think he was capable of way more than he was.

He lost his wife, kids and was a drunk during that time so I understand but he wasn’t right for that at all. No matter how capable you think Rudeus is, he still got teleported to the demon continent as a child. Paul should’ve just been happy he was alive and well but instead went off on him. Father of the year 🤦🏽‍♂️

I thought given the circumstances paul's reaction was understandable. dude was fighting for his life trying to protect his kid while not knowing if the rest of his family was alive or dead. then his cocky ass son comes back bragging about the great adventure he had. paul tells him everyone got transported and the first person rudeus asks about is his childhood gf and not his own moms or siblings. so yea dude blew up.

rudeus mentioning how paul is still younger than he was before his reincarnation emphasized that they both expected too much from each other. rudeus wasn't some super capable genius like paul thought and paul isn't the wise mature parent like rudeus thought. that's why they had that moment to just reset everything. anyway it's definitely my favorite moment in the show so far

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
When the season is titled training arc :unimpressed:

It's literally 9 chapters, if Ufotable only adapts that arc :unimpressed: Entertainment District was 28 and Swordsmith Village was 30 for comparison

The thing is proper setup is needed for a show to work. Not every series can be like AoT and start good as hell. JJK took 10 episode, CSM 8 and Demon Slayer about 16 or so? It does suck in the case of CSM since once the anime got you invested it basically was over at that point. So I do take that in account, which is why for Witch from Mercury I have a higher opinion of part one then most people here.

I am still of the opinion that I would rather have the end product be at its best even I had to be patient. 86 and Mushoku Tensei are recent examples where both of their Season 1's absolutely delivered. It def hurts for those that only want to experience the anime since a great adaptation will elevate the manga.

Demon Slayer, SxF and Oshi no Ko are recent examples of series that sticking with only the anime will more likely then not give the optimal experience. But the wait can be hard. So it is a give or take not to mention you dotta dodge spoilers.

Some shows are fine with >13 like Mushoku Tensei cause the content is already high quality and the 1st Turning Point happens at the end of episode 8 so there's 3 episodes after to expand on it. Mushoku Tensei and 86 were split cours too so there's 23-26 in the season with usually only a 1 or 2 season wait and they're back on so it's not that bad but other shows don't have split cours and have 13 in the entire season

Not all stories progress in the same way or move at the same pace, it all depends on the series because some can have 12-13 and still work while others not as much and would benefit from having 24-26 rather than 12-13. Imagine if Demon Slayer S1 ended after episode 13 which is when Tanjiro defeats Kyogai (Drum Demon), Demon Slayer Season 1 needed 24-26 to reach it's potential

There is pros and cons which is why I don't care whether something only has 13 because I'd prefer the highest quality over having more episodes any day and if a show has 24-26 there's a chance it'd have a drop off in animation quality. I read the source material of every anime I watch so it's not like I'm dying to know what happens next (Anime only problems), however I do think a low episode count does a disservice to certain series or they'd be better if given more episodes.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I thought given the circumstances paul's reaction was understandable. dude was fighting for his life trying to protect his kid while not knowing if the rest of his family was alive or dead. then his cocky ass son comes back bragging about the great adventure he had. paul tells him everyone got transported and the first person rudeus asks about is his childhood gf and not his own moms or siblings. so yea dude blew up.

rudeus mentioning how paul is still younger than he was before his reincarnation emphasized that they both expected too much from each other. rudeus wasn't some super capable genius like paul thought and paul isn't the wise mature parent like rudeus thought. that's why they had that moment to just reset everything. anyway it's definitely my favorite moment in the show so far

I can empathize with how Paul was feeling and why he snapped considering the situation, the reaction was very human because anyone would be miserable and angry after losing their wife, children and not knowing if they're alive or not. He was still being an immature a$$hole though 😂

Him and Rudeus couldn’t l see eye to eye for the simple fact Rudeus was ignorant of how big the teleport incident was while Paul was fully aware and was actively helping people affected

Paul knows how rough the demon continent is so he should've been aware that it wasn't all good for Rudeus but that goes back to his state of mind at the time and having a false perception of Rudeus.

Moments like this is 1 of the reason I love Mushoku Tensei

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It's literally 9 chapters, if Ufotable only adapts that arc :unimpressed: Entertainment District was 28 and Swordsmith Village was 30 for comparison

Wait Swordsmith Village had more chapters then Entertainment District. :dahell: Feels like so much more happened in Entertainment District.
Some shows are fine with >13 like Mushoku Tensei cause the content is already high quality and the 1st Turning Point happens at the end of episode 8 so there's 3 episodes after to expand on it. Mushoku Tensei and 86 were split cours too so there's 23-26 in the season with usually only a 1 or 2 season wait and they're back on so it's not that bad but other shows don't have split cours and have 13 in the entire season

Not all stories progress in the same way or move at the same pace, it all depends on the series because some can have 12-13 and still work while others not as much and would benefit from having 24-26 rather than 12-13. Imagine if Demon Slayer S1 ended after episode 13 which is when Tanjiro defeats Kyogai (Drum Demon), Demon Slayer Season 1 needed 24-26 to reach it's potential

There is pros and cons which is why I don't care whether something only has 13 because I'd prefer the highest quality over having more episodes any day and if a show has 24-26 there's a chance it'd have a drop off in animation quality. I read the source material of every anime I watch so it's not like I'm dying to know what happens next (Anime only problems), however I do think a low episode count does a disservice to certain series or they'd be better if given more episodes.
Yea its hard to say since like you said it always depends on the source material. With how anime is nowadays running for more then 1 cour straight will likely mean your budget will fall off in the tail end. Look at Blue Lock the start if its 2 cour run it looked phenomenal, but towards the last quarter it looked quite rough which is the exact scenario you mentioned. Obviously bigger shows like MHA and JJK won't run into this problem or at least it won't be nearly as apparent.

As I started reading more series I hold the same opinion I rather get a good product and be patient. Looking at Devil is Part Timer and COTE S2 both were junk and 1 year later we have S3 for both basically., Which is highly likely to be junk for both as well. Both are anime that I absolutely will ignore. Hell reading the manga adaptation is a much better idea then touching either of the anime. (I know technically the novel is better for both since its source but that is not my point here.)

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
birdie wing aint stick the landing :snoop: last episode was mid. everything was rushed and they pussied out of having a winner between eve and aoi to avoid upsetting either fanbase, or they're just teasing for a movie or ova or something

witch from mercury I'm gonna have to rewatch in full one of these days but it's been pretty disappointing overall and I'm a gundam nikka so I really wanted to like it

heavenly delusion is the show of the year rn but some heavy competition coming up

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Wait Swordsmith Village had more chapters then Entertainment District. :dahell: Feels like so much more happened in Entertainment District.

Yea its hard to say since like you said it always depends on the source material. With how anime is nowadays running for more then 1 cour straight will likely mean your budget will fall off in the tail end. Look at Blue Lock the start if its 2 cour run it looked phenomenal, but towards the last quarter it looked quite rough which is the exact scenario you mentioned. Obviously bigger shows like MHA and JJK won't run into this problem or at least it won't be nearly as apparent.

As I started reading more series I hold the same opinion I rather get a good product and be patient. Looking at Devil is Part Timer and COTE S2 both were junk and 1 year later we have S3 for both basically., Which is highly likely to be junk for both as well. Both are anime that I absolutely will ignore. Hell reading the manga adaptation is a much better idea then touching either of the anime. (I know technically the novel is better for both since its source but that is not my point here.)

Ufotable extended and expanded on things especially the fights by adding extra hits and movements to make it more like a real battle, for example in the manga Uzui vs Gyutaro weren't going at it like they were in the anime at the end.

It's been a while since i've read the Swordsmith Village arc so I don't know if they did the same for that arc but after I finished the Entertainment District I went back to it in the manga and compared because I didn't remember it being THAT good. Ufotable took those fights and that arc to another stratosphere

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Caught up on gundam witch of mercury shyt is good ain’t no way this gonna end properly with that shyt at the end probably gonna be another season or movie with that u know what being the new issue as another arc and it can work too

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I'm watching this now.... man the nicca the fighting now is an absolute nightmare.

This shyt is incredible.... he/she is just toying with them not even taking any of this seriously

Man this island they are on is fukking insane man.

Every week, they hit
Seriously them mfs playing ninja gaiden sigma on hard mode