Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
And regarding OPM wasn't S2 massively disappointing @Black_Panther_JS ? Still need to start the manga first.

Yeah mainly because of the animation drop off, Season 1 had some of the best animation ever seen in anime especially at that time and Season 2 was decent. OPM's manga art is amazing too so the animation wasn't just a major step down from Season 1 but it also looked worse than the manga.

S2 wasn't bad but compared to season 1 it can't compare

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah mainly because of the animation drop off, Season 1 had some of the best animation ever seen in anime especially at that time and Season 2 was decent. OPM's manga art is amazing too so the animation wasn't just a major step down from Season 1 but it also looked worse than the manga.

S2 wasn't bad but compared to season 1 it can't compare

going from this to that season 2 shyt was just..... damn

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I really wish we had like that one staple anime that just runs and runs and runs non stop.

I’m starting to really appreciate “filler”

Filler is garbage and disrespectful to the series, it's usually fanfic status or some random BS

I didn’t think the Bounto filler was trash and even some of the Filler in Naruto was not that bad.

Naruto does have some decent filler, the Kakashi Anbu and Itachi backstory are cool as far as filler goes.

Not for nothing, there are some shows y’all really overrated along with some of these fillers y’all underrate like a mug

Call them out and name names. You mentioned ROK, what else :sas2:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
good filler is possible

but none of it is in boruto and naruto has some of the WOAT so like..... nah lol
Ranking of Kings is good example of good filler. It basically goes back to S1 content and imo enhances some stuff and gives more light to it. Again this kind of thing is not for anyone.

My issue with filler comes when it adds new stuff and characters and you know they can't reference this stuff.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
good filler is possible

but none of it is in boruto and naruto has some of the WOAT so like..... nah lol

It's possible, but doesn't normally happen. I would bet most good filler episodes are side stories the mangaka never got around to drawing/got axed for pacing reasons/or bonus chapters of a manga....because that type of filler usually means the animation studio takes the time to understand the story and anticipate what the audience would want. They flesh out character backstories, explore the world, etc.

However normally filler is used as a way to pad out a season/buy time for the manga. There isn't any legitimate strategy to it, because it's more a production element than a story-telling element.

A good example is One Piece...people swear there's no filler in the anime, but the characters will spend half an episode staring at each other. That's filler.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It's possible, but doesn't normally happen. I would bet most good filler episodes are side stories the mangaka never got around to drawing/got axed for pacing reasons/or bonus chapters of a manga....because that type of filler usually means the animation studio takes the time to understand the story and anticipate what the audience would want. They flesh out character backstories, explore the world, etc.

However normally filler is used as a way to pad out a season/buy time for the manga. There isn't any legitimate strategy to it, because it's more a production element than a story-telling element.

A good example is One Piece...people swear there's no filler in the anime, but the characters will spend half an episode staring at each other. That's filler.
I wouldn't call it filler but it is just as bad. S3 Demon Slayer being the recent example of stretching out content just for sake.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Filler is garbage and disrespectful to the series, it's usually fanfic status or some random BS

Naruto does have some decent filler, the Kakashi Anbu and Itachi backstory are cool as far as filler goes.

Call them out and name names. You mentioned ROK, what else :sas2:

I want my SMACK

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Screen_Shot_2023-06-24_at_8.13.57_PM.png

Rewatching MT. This scene just makes Paul look so bad. Instead of being relieved that his son is alive. He lectures him for not doing things perfectly. Rudy left the house when he was like 5 or so. He is still a kid. Also while mentally he is older, lets be honest the old him was a fukking mess with no real life experiences that could help him in his new life.

He is obviously talented but he still needs an adult to be there for him. Then to add salt to the wound that Norn's first time really seeing Rudy is seeing him beat up their father. Things do get resolved next episode iirc, but still Paul greatly fails as a father here.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I wouldn't call it filler but it is just as bad. S3 Demon Slayer being the recent example of stretching out content just for sake.

I didn’t know they stretched anything out. I guess that’s another thing about not really reading the mangas. You really don’t know the difference.

I get what everyone is saying… and I was just being playfully dramatic.

But I still just wish there was more length to a lot of shows. That’s really all.

Too many shows just feel like they come for a minute than go away for far too long and you still waiting for that cliffhanger or conclusion.

Fire Force
Goblin Slayer
ReZero
Dororo
Kuroke no Baske

Man there are soooo many

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I didn’t know they stretched anything out. I guess that’s another thing about not really reading the mangas. You really don’t know the difference.

I get what everyone is saying… and I was just being playfully dramatic.

But I still just wish there was more length to a lot of shows. That’s really all.

Too many shows just feel like they come for a minute than go away for far too long and you still waiting for that cliffhanger or conclusion.

Fire Force
Goblin Slayer
ReZero
Dororo
Kuroke no Baske

Man there are soooo many
I haven’t read demon slayers manga but watching it, it seemed kinda evident what they were doing.

Anime will always be mainly for advertising and supporting the source material. Especially with series like 86 and Re:Zero. Re:Zero has 34 volumes. Like damn and it hasn’t gotten a S3 yet to keep it in perspective.

Granted most popular shounen mangas do get a full adaptation eventually. The wait for it is just rough imo.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I haven’t read demon slayers manga but watching it, it seemed kinda evident what they were doing.

Anime will always be mainly for advertising and supporting the source material. Especially with series like 86 and Re:Zero. Re:Zero has 34 volumes. Like damn and it hasn’t gotten a S3 yet to keep it in perspective.

Granted most popular shounen mangas do get a full adaptation eventually. The wait for it is just rough imo.

This couldn’t be any further from the truth…

My dude I’m still hoping for them to bring back Soul Eater and Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple

I loved those shows and the been gone over a decade

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:ohlawd:

And...
  • Arslan Senki
  • Claymore
  • Rokka no Yuusha
  • even Berserk (as long as they stop only remaking the 1st arc)

Oh man!!!!! I forgot all about that one.

Claymore is taking me back too, but I gave up on waiting on that like I did D. Grayman and Gantz

I never seen or heard of Rokka no Yuusha