LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
You got any recommendations on what I should watch? @LordDeathwatch
Just read up on the last few pages since I haven't been in here like that lately and it looks like the must watch categories have already been covered. I would reiterate Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood because it's a GOAT with excellent balance between action, comedy, drama, and a touch of almost horror elements.

As you already said, JJK is a good choice. It's a damn good show and that's aside from my known standom but at 24 episodes, you can run through it and be up to speed without the lengthy wait still ahead of you for AOT. If you want a not so popular suggestion that's heat, Bungou Stray Dogs is it. @tripleaamin and I been preaching but they not listening. :snoop:
I'd say it is good overall. It is very entertaining especially early on with the mafia golf arc. It doesn't even explain the golf concepts cause it knows the target audience doesn't give a fukk about golf.

Yea the Gojo backstory is prob the most important arc in the series so they have to nail that first. You prob have 7 episodes of pre Shibuya stuff so the Sukuna cliffhanger does make sense the more I think about it.

This series gets overlooked for its comedy honestly. Like Golden Kamuy it can straight up nail the comedy and go back to the plot so naturally. Tho GK goes more extreme with it.
Yeah they're at a pivotal point in the series that can make or break it. You can't fukk up Shibuya just like you couldn't fukk up Namek, the Dark Tournament, Soul Society, etc. Pacing alone is going to either elevate this to the next tier or move it downhill like MHA. There's too much heat for them to drag it out or just throw everything in the pan on high, it's got to all come together naturally or it won't hit like it's supposed to.

Gojo is already made, Yuji to a lesser extent but there's entire fambases to be made just in this arc because a lot of characters are due for defining moments. The following arc is indisputably a step down so you have to nail things here or the trajectory is fukked.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I'd say it is good overall. It is very entertaining especially early on with the mafia golf arc. It doesn't even explain the golf concepts cause it knows the target audience doesn't give a fukk about golf.

Yea the Gojo backstory is prob the most important arc in the series so they have to nail that first. You prob have 7 episodes of pre Shibuya stuff so the Sukuna cliffhanger does make sense the more I think about it.

This series gets overlooked for its comedy honestly. Like Golden Kamuy it can straight up nail the comedy and go back to the plot so naturally. Tho GK goes more extreme with it.

The first season adapted 63 chapters in 24 episode's. Gojo's past is 65-79 and Shibuya is 79-136, If they can adapt most or all of the shibuya arc it's probably gonna be AOTY.
If MAPPA has the fights looking at least as good as Season 1 this season will probably be 1 of my highest rated anime :ohlawd:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Heavenly Delusion had a terrific episode to wrap up the season. As uncomfortable as the previous episode was, this episode did a great job to show you Haruki isn't just his sister but a mix of both Kiruko and him. Maru emphasizing that point further. It's great development I just wished they used something other then rape to setup this development.

To me this series with how ambitious it is is a double edged sword.

If you want to start reading the manga you would start at chapter 38.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I really wish we had like that one staple anime that just runs and runs and runs non stop.

I’m starting to really appreciate “filler”

Petite Clova was really bring that feeling back if the Naruto and Bleach days.

These 12-24 ep animes are are starting to get annoying.

Especially when it’s taking about 2-5 years for them to come back. Feels like the lose or miss they momentum.

Like there should’ve BEEN another season of OPM.

That’s the main thing I’m hating about this current era of anime. We don’t have a great longterm and consistent show.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I really wish we had like that one staple anime that just runs and runs and runs non stop.

I’m starting to really appreciate “filler”

Petite Clova was really bring that feeling back if the Naruto and Bleach days.

These 12-24 ep animes are are starting to get annoying.

Especially when it’s taking about 2-5 years for them to come back. Feels like the lose or miss they momentum.

Like there should’ve BEEN another season of OPM.

That’s the main thing I’m hating about this current era of anime. We don’t have a great longterm and consistent show.
:mjlol:

You asking FOR filler? :dead:

The worst part of long running series is when a series catches up to the manga. Look at bleach 45 % of the OG series is filler. Where @LordDeathwatch and crew here emphasize that Bleach filler is trash minus 1 arc.

Also animation quality is a big thing. You think Demon Slayer would look as good if it was weekly HELL NO. JJK and CSM as well would join this regard.

Now if you were talk about completed series weekly I am fine with. Dragon Quest Adventures of Dai was piff running for like 2 years straight. I brought it up numerous times but people slept on it here. Maybe Rurouni Kenshin remake does something similar. But if the manga is ongoing weekly is terrible.

Only series for filler would work is SxF because it is so easy to pad out content with it being a SoL.

But if a manga series is ongoing weekly and added filler is awful. And regarding OPM wasn't S2 massively disappointing @Black_Panther_JS ? Still need to start the manga first.
That other season wasn't a full adaptation?
Full adaptation would imply that it covered the entire series which it didn't. It simply adapted the beginning and conclusion of the manga. (more extra content is coming out soon for the manga). But it skipped tons of content that is so easily to fallback on due to the nature of it being a SoL Romance.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:mjlol:

You asking FOR filler? :dead:

The worst part of long running series is when a series catches up to the manga. Look at bleach 45 % of the OG series is filler. Where @LordDeathwatch and crew here emphasize that Bleach filler is trash minus 1 arc.

Also animation quality is a big thing. You think Demon Slayer would look as good if it was weekly HELL NO. JJK and CSM as well would join this regard.

Now if you were talk about completed series weekly I am fine with. Dragon Quest Adventures of Dai was piff running for like 2 years straight. I brought it up numerous times but people slept on it here. Maybe Rurouni Kenshin remake does something similar. But if the manga is ongoing weekly is terrible.

Only series for filler would work is SxF because it is so easy to pad out content with it being a SoL.

But if a manga series is ongoing weekly and added filler is awful. And regarding OPM wasn't S2 massively disappointing @Black_Panther_JS ? Still need to start the manga first.

Full adaptation would imply that it covered the entire series which it didn't. It simply adapted the beginning and conclusion of the manga. (more extra content is coming out soon for the manga). But it skipped tons of content that is so easily to fallback on due to the nature of it being a SoL Romance.

I didn’t think the Bounto filler was trash and even some of the Filler in Naruto was not that bad.

I just miss every week for years having the comfort of that one show you love that you know is gonna be there. Yea animation is cool and all but after about 5-10 mins I get passed that.

My Home Hero animation is no where as great as the animation for your Demon Slayer, but that didn’t take away from it being a really good show.