tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Birdie Wing finished up today def one of the stronger anime originals we have had. Kind of a guility pleasure similar to Akbai Maid War, but both seasons were great. Hell they even had stuff for a possible 3rd season, but skipping it via timeskip in a few episodes the way they did was a good modification.

I do appreciate when a series is more planned out. Originals like Odd Taxi, Vivy Maid War and Birdie Wing clearly separate themselves as these originals have a concrete plan unlike all the originals that start good, but pacing becomes atrocious because planning wasn't well thought of. Like Wonder Egg.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Gon be the one breh aged several years to put that ass whopping on IT since gender not sure
Yeah, the only "ideal" ending for a s2 it's too early in the arc
real spoilers ahead
Gojo being sealed. That's a perfect cliffhanger and "Empire Strikes Back" type of ending. But there's too many episodes in the season for that to be it....unless they somehow change the way things unfold in Shibuya, which I don't see happening.

But there's a lot of fights were they can choose to stop. Like when Sukuna takes over Yuji's body and fukks everyone up. They could end it with Yuji realizing what just happened for a :mjcry: :damn: cliffhanger

I have read a lot of people saying they will cover the entire arc but I have a hard time picturing Mappa rushing the series best and biggest arc. If anything they've shown they will milk every penny out of their IPs and JJK is their most profitable one so Shibuya being wrapped up so soon I gotta see to believe, specially because it's not necessary.
We’ll fight scenes can be used up quicker since it isn’t a lot of dialogue to where they can reach the perfect spot to end it at also way more fighting this time around compared to last season but I could be wrong

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Gon be the one breh aged several years to put that ass whopping on IT since gender not sure

We’ll fight scenes can be used up quicker since it isn’t a lot of dialogue to where they can reach the perfect spot to end it at also way more fighting this time around compared to last season but I could be wrong
Oh, I can see how they could speed the arc up. They can skip some fights and in other fights they can just do the "minimum" and animate what's on the pages of the manga.

But I just wouldn't understand it from Mappa's point of view. Why do it quickly when you can take your time and milk it? They are already doing an hilarious job stretching out AOT, and we also got Studio Bones announcing a DS season that's based on 9 fukking manga chapters :dead:

We are lucky that the source material for this arc is at a level were stretching things out wouldn't hurt it at all. I see it as a win-win if they don't cover Shibuya in 16-18 anime episodes.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Birdie Wing finished up today def one of the stronger anime originals we have had. Kind of a guility pleasure similar to Akbai Maid War, but both seasons were great. Hell they even had stuff for a possible 3rd season, but skipping it via timeskip in a few episodes the way they did was a good modification.

I do appreciate when a series is more planned out. Originals like Odd Taxi, Vivy Maid War and Birdie Wing clearly separate themselves as these originals have a concrete plan unlike all the originals that start good, but pacing becomes atrocious because planning wasn't well thought of. Like Wonder Egg.

Birdie Wing is the golf anime, right.

I got a theory that there's an anime/gonna be an anime about every sport you think is boring, and it's gonna be crack.

Is it good, mid or meh

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
S1 Covered 62 chapters/ 7 vols but keep in mind that JJK took its time with S1 and it paid dividends. I highly expect the pacing to upped for Shibuya. Will be interesting which fights Mappa will extend this time around and which they just follow like the manga. I highly expect it to adapt up to chapter 136 since it is imo the prefect time to wrap up the season. Or at the very least at the end of the Mahito fight, but at that point might as well end it with Yuki and Geto's exchange in chapter 136. Ending it at the Nobra cliffhanger is bad because that is mid fight between Yuji and Mahito.

If they want to take there time like S1 imo Chapter 120 when Sukuna changes back into Yuji would be the only other place they could end. But it feels disappointing ending it here to me.

@LordDeathwatch what do you think?
Yeah this is the pinnacle of the series so I expect the pacing to mirror that. No spoilers necessary really, they're going to have to lead into Shibuya which should require a prerequisite number of episodes building to it beginning. Unless they plan to speed blitz their best material, I fully expect it to close on a cliffhanger, most likely Sukuna.

It's such a great arc because it's dense while maintaining a high level of action, something is literally always happening. You have the main plotline with 2 primary subplots running at the same time which includes some backstory and world building.

On an unrelated sidenote, I was rewatching S1 and when Gojo was explaining why he couldn't use a Cursed Technique and Yuji is complaining about the fact that he can't do a Spirit Bomb, Bankai, or Rasengan had me dead AF. :deadrose:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You told me it was your AOTS though. You ain't got to lie to kick it, be a proud honorary member of Division 83

Na…. See you fukked and exposed you lying!:lolbron:

No one in here believe this:russ:

Now if you would’ve said I told you this was my JoJo, you probably would’ve had everyone believing you and it would be hard to me to fight that lie:lolbron:

But you Smurf’d up :mjgrin:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Birdie Wing is the golf anime, right.

I got a theory that there's an anime/gonna be an anime about every sport you think is boring, and it's gonna be crack.

Is it good, mid or meh
I'd say it is good overall. It is very entertaining especially early on with the mafia golf arc. It doesn't even explain the golf concepts cause it knows the target audience doesn't give a fukk about golf.

Yeah this is the pinnacle of the series so I expect the pacing to mirror that. No spoilers necessary really, they're going to have to lead into Shibuya which should require a prerequisite number of episodes building to it beginning. Unless they plan to speed blitz their best material, I fully expect it to close on a cliffhanger, most likely Sukuna.

It's such a great arc because it's dense while maintaining a high level of action, something is literally always happening. You have the main plotline with 2 primary subplots running at the same time which includes some backstory and world building.

On an unrelated sidenote, I was rewatching S1 and when Gojo was explaining why he couldn't use a Cursed Technique and Yuji is complaining about the fact that he can't do a Spirit Bomb, Bankai, or Rasengan had me dead AF. :deadrose:

Yea the Gojo backstory is prob the most important arc in the series so they have to nail that first. You prob have 7 episodes of pre Shibuya stuff so the Sukuna cliffhanger does make sense the more I think about it.

This series gets overlooked for its comedy honestly. Like Golden Kamuy it can straight up nail the comedy and go back to the plot so naturally. Tho GK goes more extreme with it.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Na…. See you fukked and exposed you lying!:lolbron:

No one in here believe this:russ:

Now if you would’ve said I told you this was my JoJo, you probably would’ve had everyone believing you and it would be hard to me to fight that lie:lolbron:

But you Smurf’d up :mjgrin:

We all know you love Ecchi :pachaha: Be like the OGs Twan and Winb, they're not ashamed of their likes :myman: