T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Rengoku was the homie. I actually thought he was the main character before watching the show.

I really don’t get why they would kill him and he’s the best one out the group. If he’s not the best to everyone, he gotta be number 2 at least.

This arc was dull af compared to the last one.

The flower chick was barely in this arc, which is confusing to me.

This arc was mostly about the blue haired dude.
IMO the swordsmith village arc feels like a recycled entertainment arc without any of the mystery and plot the entertainment arc had, they had to actually investigate and discover stuff, zanetsu and inosuke actually had value. That swapped that screen time out with flashbacks of these hashira no one cares about

all these demons that've been alive for hundreds of years just decided "oh hey lets go find that village we haven't been able to locate in centuries"

and they just, did it just like that :gucci::francis: with Fish breh having the worst showing out of any of the upper ranks we've seen so far

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I'm bout to fukk around and read a manga for the first time ever cause this whole Swordsmith Village arc been ass. nikkas sprinkling flashbacks in episodes like parsley. "You get a flashback and you get a flashback (Oprah voice)" Get to the real action my nikka. The pacing is all fukked up. After this, I'm back on my old shyt. Not giving a fukk about release dates or keeping up with shows. I gotta be able to binge watch a whole series if I want to lol.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
"oh hey lets go find that village we haven't been able to locate in centuries"

and they just, did it just like that :gucci::francis: with Fish breh having the worst showing out of any of the upper ranks we've seen so far
Breh,
i was like was there a time jump or something??

its like the upper ranks were meeting and Muzan is giving them shyt about not being able to find the village...
then, its like the very next scene, the muthafukkas roll up on it like

:russ: :dead:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm bout to fukk around and read a manga for the first time ever cause this whole Swordsmith Village arc been ass. nikkas sprinkling flashbacks in episodes like parsley. "You get a flashback and you get a flashback (Oprah voice)" Get to the real action my nikka. The pacing is all fukked up. After this, I'm back on my old shyt. Not giving a fukk about release dates or keeping up with shows. I gotta be able to binge watch a whole series if I want to lol.
:whoa: if you wanna finish the series by Tuesday/Wednesday go ahead, but you've been warned there ain't much left

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
IMO the swordsmith village arc feels like a recycled entertainment arc without any of the mystery and plot the entertainment arc had, they had to actually investigate and discover stuff, zanetsu and inosuke actually had value. That swapped that screen time out with flashbacks of these hashira no one cares about

all these demons that've been alive for hundreds of years just decided "oh hey lets go find that village we haven't been able to locate in centuries"

I'm not a writer or anything but I think the main issues are

1.) lack of tension
2.) nothing is really happening when you think about it.

In Entertainment District:
- we had to figure out where Uzui's wives were.
- figure out how many and where the demons were.
- Once Zenitsu figured out, he got clapped and taken hostage.
- Daki was actively scheming on the crew, hoping to single out the Hashira so she could eat him.
- Conflict-wise: Uzui wanted to save his wives from Daki and Daki wanted to eat Uzui so she could rise up the rankings. So they had a reason to search for each other.
- We learn more about sun breathing and that Daki can sense Muzan's fear.
- Tanjiro almost got clapped by Daki
- While that was happening, we were waiting for Uzui and the others to save his wives so they could help.
- Nezuko had a new transformation that made her feral and allowed her to clap Daki.
- Once we felt we finally had things under control, Gyutoro (however you say it) popped up up started fighting Uzui 1v1...and we find out Daki was never really the problem.

Then the two demons separated and proceeded to clap the main cast, and clearly would have bodied them without a healthy amount of plot armor...specifically looking at Inosuke and Uzui. Once the arc ended you felt they'd given everything to BARELY escape the weakest upper demon.

In Sword Village
- The identity and number of demons was revealed from the start. Both being stronger than Upper 6.
- The two uppers pulled up on the cast within a few episodes with no particular plan.
- The mystery of the arc (the sword found inside the doll) has been a very minor element so far. (A lot of people have probably forgotten there's a special sword being honed right now.) Not only that, you could argue it isn't needed, because the cast has been doing fine so far without it.
- Upper 5 got clapped by a single Hashira, after fukking around when Muzan specifically made a point to tell the uppers to stop fukking around.
- Half the season has been upper 4 fighting two non-hashira and a demon. No one has been hurt, and there's really been no consequence for it.
- They did the same Muzan fear thing they did last season.
- Mitsuri is finally here.

Sword Village is hands down the best looking season so far, but even when I read the manga I felt underwhelmed.

This might be controversial, but I even think the "epic sun-breathing moment of this season was the weakest so far.

Rui is actively attacking and dodging Tanjiro's swings, so we're flying all over the place keeping up with the two.

Daki is actively dodging and attacking Tanjiro with her ribbons. He's having to slash through everything to get to her.

Upper Four is standing there getting bodied.

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I'm not a writer or anything but I think the main issues are

1.) lack of tension
2.) nothing is really happening when you think about it.

In Entertainment District:
- we had to figure out where Uzui's wives were.
- figure out how many and where the demons were.
- Once Zenitsu figured out, he got clapped and taken hostage.
- Daki was actively scheming on the crew, hoping to single out the Hashira so she could eat him.
- Conflict-wise: Uzui wanted to save his wives from Daki and Daki wanted to eat Uzui so she could rise up the rankings. So they had a reason to search for each other.
- We learn more about sun breathing and that Daki can sense Muzan's fear.
- Tanjiro almost got clapped by Daki
- While that was happening, we were waiting for Uzui and the others to save his wives so they could help.
- Nezuko had a new transformation that made her feral and allowed her to clap Daki.
- Once we felt we finally had things under control, Gyutoro (however you say it) popped up up started fighting Uzui 1v1...and we find out Daki was never really the problem.

Then the two demons separated and proceeded to clap the main cast, and clearly would have bodied them without a healthy amount of plot armor...specifically looking at Inosuke and Uzui. Once the arc ended you felt they'd given everything to BARELY escape the weakest upper demon.

In Sword Village
- The identity and number of demons was revealed from the start. Both being stronger than Upper 6.
- The two uppers pulled up on the cast within a few episodes with no particular plan.
- The mystery of the arc (the sword found inside the doll) has been a very minor element so far. (A lot of people have probably forgotten there's a special sword being honed right now.) Not only that, you could argue it isn't needed, because the cast has been doing fine so far without it.
- Upper 5 got clapped by a single Hashira, after fukking around when Muzan specifically made a point to tell the uppers to stop fukking around.
- Half the season has been upper 4 fighting two non-hashira and a demon. No one has been hurt, and there's really been no consequence for it.
- They did the same Muzan fear thing they did last season.
- Mitsuri is finally here.

Sword Village is hands down the best looking season so far, but even when I read the manga I felt underwhelmed.

This might be controversial, but I even think the "epic sun-breathing moment of this season was the weakest so far.

Rui is actively attacking and dodging Tanjiro's swings, so we're flying all over the place keeping up with the two.

Daki is actively dodging and attacking Tanjiro with her ribbons. He's having to slash through everything to get to her.

Upper Four is standing there getting bodied.

I mention this before but its clear that this arc didn't have a seasons worth of episodes worth. Most of your issues come from episode padding. Nothing feels like its happening because supposedly they are adapting 1.5 chapters per episode last I heard. That is GARBAGE pacing. (Compared to Jigo this season adapting 3-4 chapters per episode. Even this is on the slow side, but works well for that series) We will see how they pull off the finale, but they trying to make an arc that is movie size into 13 episodes is gonna look bad.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
They def stretching content and I aint even read the manga. Finale prob will be fire as we got a much better ratio of action in the recent episode. This arc def feels like movie or OVA -> Movie would have executed this arc much much better. Unless the finale makes me changes my mind, its easily the worst arc we got so far in the anime.

Yeah that Mugen Train movie was a fukking chore to get through :scusthov: . The lower moon demon was disgusting creepy and boring as fukk. Thank God they all the action sequences made up for it and we didnt have to slog through the episodes

At least ufotable had the decency to add effects and improve some of the scenes when they recut the arc as episodes :blessed:

This arc should have been handled the same way imo

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This was one of the better episodes of the season, and Mitsuri's action scenes looked amazing. However, this season might have the worst pacing I've seen in a show ever. It's been 10 episodes and not much happened except for some backstory on characters. Hopefully next season is better, but this arc feels like it should've been a movie

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Man when this season of anime is over there's a lot of piff to read :wow:

Then we get smacked upside our heads with Shibuya :mjcry:
I think of all the shyt that’s out now.

Mashle is my fav.

It hasn’t missed one ep yet :russ:
Someone dropped "Saitama visits Hogwarts" in a chat A.i. and came out with this fukkery :mjlol:

What trips me out the most is when some shyt happens in the air and they reveal this nikka fukking took off and got back to his starting position so no one could tell he even moved :skip: :dead:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This prolly been my favorite season of Demon Slayer so far.
Nothing but dope ass fights. No annoying characters, and the visuals just been crazy.

Home Hero been killing it so far. The way shyt came around full circle has been dope.

Mashle has been great so far. Perfect balance of fukkery comedy and action.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So I didn’t want to wait for dub for Vinland saga s2 and I’ve seen the comments for it and I’m caught up
And man this is some elite tier storytelling even tho action is very low this storytelling is :wow:
Thorfinn went thru it all and changed and grew the hell up and still got the skills if needed on a as needed basis
Few hours Ep 23 drop too :lupe:
Vinland saga got me reshaping my top 10 for all time great anime series I love this series

Bluelock and Vinland saga came outta nowhere for me as some all time great shyt
I ain’t even read Vinland saga like that I’m current on bluelock tho and Jesus Christ when s2 drop tho

Biggest Jesus Christ gonna be jjk s2 shibuya incident tho y’all ain’t ready for that shyt I can assure u that :whew:
Mushoku tensei s2 is similar to Vinland saga s2 it does have more action than Vinland saga 2 but it’s not a lot either it’s heavily story driven just a heads up

Haven’t seen demon slayer yet curious how this season got animated tho since I seen the compliants for it