Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I personally can't get behind this turn the other cheek message Thorfinn is on in Midland Saga :francis:
The storytelling is fantastic though, but it does pain me to see one of the best fighters become a pacifist like this. However, we see him learn what his father was trying to teach him. It's a pain to watch this show weekly, but this season does create great discussions. This feels like if HBO had an anime show tbh

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Vinland Saga :wow:

Thorfinn finally understanding what Thors was trying to teach him so many years ago :mjcry:

Canute's deluded ass :snoop:
It's been showcased before but this episode brings into highlight how far Throfinn and Canute have turned since they first met each other. Even if people don't like the direction the series has gone after S1, writing for this series is on point as usual.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
vinland been mid ever since askeladd checked out

who actually liked thorfinn from the jump? be honest
He was def the heart of season 1, and I was going into this season thinking that it's going to be hard to continue without him. I thought they did a good job telling the story without him, but Askeladd was the most interesting character in the show.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The storytelling is fantastic though, but it does pain me to see one of the best fighters become a pacifist like this. However, we see him learn what his father was trying to teach him. It's a pain to watch this show weekly, but this season does create great discussions. This feels like if HBO had an anime show tbh
Anyone that likes a story well told can't hate on Vinland Saga, it's not easy to find that kind of writing in any form of media :hubie:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
He was def the heart of season 1, and I was going into this season thinking that it's going to be hard to continue without him. I thought they did a good job telling the story without him, but Askeladd was the most interesting character in the show.

It's still up there in the Vikings stories I've watched and while I'm not a fan of pacifist protagonists I actually prefer this new Thorfinn over the screamo version we had last season. That said I'm not sure I can tolerate the MC having a no kill rule and using talk no jutsu for everything in this setting for long. He got hands but that's not enough :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's still up there in the Vikings stories I've watched and while I'm not a fan of pacifist protagonists I actually prefer this new Thorfinn over the screamo version we had last season. That said I'm not sure I can tolerate the MC having a no kill rule and using talk no jutsu for everything in this setting for long. He got hands but that's not enough :francis:
That's true. I've purposely stayed away from the manga so I'm curious if this story continues to be compelling once we leave Ketil's farm. Is it worth continuing to follow Thorfinn after this? shyt, do we continue with Thorfinn or does the author jump into new characters and conflicts? I still wanna see Floki get got :demonic:

It's the main reason why I don't see myself waiting for the anime again and probably reading the mange not long after this season is over :heh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Honestly him getting punched 100 times was overdoing it. Like previously he was like fighting should be a last resort like against Snake. That was perfect for the idea of being a warrior. Being a warrior also means having respect for yourself. Show these vikings you the same Thorfinn physically despite being a changed man.

Hopefully it is something Thorfinn picks up on.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
That's true. I've purposely stayed away from the manga so I'm curious if this story continues to be compelling once we leave Ketil's farm. Is it worth continuing to follow Thorfinn after this? shyt, do we continue with Thorfinn or does the author jump into new characters and conflicts? I still wanna see Floki get got :demonic:

It's the main reason why I don't see myself waiting for the anime again and probably reading the mange not long after this season is over :heh:

The three years(?) wait for this was brutal I'll probably hit up the manga after this season as well.

Honestly him getting punched 100 times was overdoing it. Like previously he was like fighting should be a last resort like against Snake. That was perfect for the idea of being a warrior. Being a warrior also means having respect for yourself. Show these vikings you the same Thorfinn physically despite being a changed man.

Hopefully it is something Thorfinn picks up on.

I'm sayin', Thorfinn staying monk mode around warmongers is too much. I hear the mangaka hates violence and I get that he's using his work to say something about it but I hope he doesn't OD on the message. A lot of those types were getting forced into death matches, put on crosses or just straight up gutted for fun in The Last Kingdom :mjlol: