storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Any given FMAB Opening. Hard to choose one but if I had to

It's Yu Yu Hakusho

Everythng Akino Arai does is perfect

It's Mushoku Tensei. Maybe not revered as a classic now but it will be eventually and the OP is a part of it.

and a most recent good one that I'm often going back to

That Yu Yu Hakusho opening is DEF an all-timer. The "thank you for waking me up" at the close takes me back every damned time. Plus it's top-5 all-time for me on my personal favorite anime.

Mushoku Tensei's definitely on it's way to top-tier status. What I like about the OP is that the animations were new each episode. You'd get a bit of progression through the journey with the OP playing, and it always felt like crossing into that other world to me.

Oshi No Ko's opening slaps! For recent piff, I've got a few.
Heavenly Delusion

Vinland Saga season 2 (first cour aka River)

Ranking of Kings

Odd Taxi

Ya Boy Kongming or Paripi Koumei

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
my hot take is that all OPs get annoying and become instant skip status after like 3 times max. it really seems extra to have full credits two times in a 20 something minute show

one of my favorite things about jobless reincarnation was how it used the OP time for worldbuilding and storytelling instead. wish other shows would go that route

this one in particular had me :mjcry:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
my hot take is that all OPs get annoying and become instant skip status after like 3 times max. it really seems extra to have full credits two times in a 20 something minute show

one of my favorite things about jobless reincarnation was how it used the OP time for worldbuilding and storytelling instead. wish other shows would go that route

My only problem with OP's is when there are obvious spoilers. Like one of the OP's for FMAB. :snoop:

But MT was a great change of pace with how OP's are usually done.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps

You'd be a fan of Black Clover then, since it gets a new OP damn near every 3 episodes :pachaha:

Jujutsu Kaisen really got everyone with it's :troll: storytelling, leading people to think that junpei would be hanging with the crew on the regular

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
You'd be a fan of Black Clover then, since it gets a new OP damn near every 3 episodes :pachaha:

Jujutsu Kaisen really got everyone with it's :troll: storytelling, leading people to think that junpei would be hanging with the crew on the regular

yeah JJK had a good one but I was skipping it pretty quick too. black clover was when it really hit me that these OPs are just marketing tactics to get some random jpop song on the charts lol

I really just think they're a waste of time in general. I actually get more excited when an episode skips the OP cause I know some real shyt is about to go down. the final ep of cowboy bebop with just the logo on a black background at the start was :banderas:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps

I usually skip OP/ED in general after 1 but if I like the song a lot I’ll listen to it every time. Certain 1s I don’t ever skip like Durararas first OP/ED

Hunter X Hunter 2011 used the same OP the entire time, that joint got old real quick 😂 They were changing the EDs I was like dang y’all just gonna keep using the same OP for the whole show, switch it up :why:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My only problem with OP's is when there are obvious spoilers. Like one of the OP's for FMAB. :snoop:

But MT was a great change of pace with how OP's are usually done.
I got mad at Hell's Paradise for sneaking in a spoiler. I remember One Piece's Wano arc had a big spoiler that even the manga hadn't fully revealed yet.

But with anime that have good OP's, I feel like watching the opener becomes part of my viewing ritual...hell, even the Studio Mappa opener feels like part of watching a new episode for some stuff for me (I feel the same for Blumhouse horror movies).

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Word is that One Piece dubs hopefully will be arriving to Crunchyroll soon as the Funimation excusive streaming license is completed in a few months. Can't find the tweet because it got deleted sometime after people found the tweet, but r/Animedubs brought it up.

The director said, hopefully, cause you may never know when the contract is done that someone else might try to get it before it transfers over or the transfer might take longer than they already expected.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I was talking about the Serial Experiments Lain hack at MyAnimeList and someone reminded me about how iconic the opening song to that anime was. There's a few obvious ones like Cowboy Bebop and FLCL, but I think Lain's opening is up there as one of the best.

Yall got any personal favorites? Particular nostalgia-driven joints?
Everythng Akino Arai does is perfect

that, first and foremost.

And YES Duvet by BoA is an iconic themesong and OP

And I'm waaaay more partial to ending themes (got multiple posts in here being teary eyed and waxing poetical nshyt about them), but I'll give it a shot.