Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
An argument could be made for Fall 22
That was good one but I'd still take this current season. In terms of high end stuff they are pretty equal but I feel fall 2023 has a variety of good quality show like we haven't seen in a while. Like, the not necessarily great but still really good shows are better/more engaging than what we've gotten in recent years.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This prolly been the best year or half year of anime in a hot minute. Like usually a nikka only keep up with 2 or 3 shows weekly, 4 if im lucky.

but now a nikka be watching like 5-7 shows a week. Haven't felt like that since maybe 2017 or 2019

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I finally finished Tokyo Ghoul

the last 2 seasons were ....Ehhh.. they should have fleshed them out . moved too fast.
so much happened it was hard to keep track of ,
plus the main character having multiple personality disorder felt like a copout
for all the stupid decisions he made.
Plus , the main turning into a Kaiju near the end was just.... :russ: :dwillhuh:

Decent anime series overall even though it went off the rails near the end and the movies were 🔥

Might check out Blood Lad next or re watch Gantz .

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
An argument could be made for Fall 22
That was good one but I'd still take this current season. In terms of high end stuff they are pretty equal but I feel fall 2023 has a variety of good quality show like we haven't seen in a while. Like, the not necessarily great but still really good shows are better/more engaging than what we've gotten in recent years.
Imo I'd easily take this season. Ignore Gundam and Golden Kamuy since the different parts/delays make the difference marginal.

Mob and Bocchi were amazing obviously. But here we have Vinland, Oshi no Ko, Dangers in My Heart and Skip to Loafer all great mangas getting S+ tier adaptations with each being a different genre.

I guess if you only care about shounens maybe. But I still take this season's shounens over it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Imo I'd easily take this season. Ignore Gundam and Golden Kamuy since the different parts/delays make the difference marginal.

Mob and Bocchi were amazing obviously. But here we have Vinland, Oshi no Ko, Dangers in My Heart and Skip to Loafer all great mangas getting S+ tier adaptations with each being a different genre.

I guess if you only care about shounens maybe. But I still take this season's shounens over it.
Yeah, like this season feels like it has more A (or A-) shows to accompany the S tier stuff too. Like, Insomniacs after School is a show that in other seasons it would be way more hyped, it's a damn good story that's very well told. Heavenly Delusion is legit great. Even a complete filler season like what they did with Brehjji is well made (and has some really good episodes like the ones about Ouken).

I haven't even felt the need to watch DS and Hell's Paradise yet. I'ma be able to binge them once they are over because there's enough good shyt to keep me fed :ehh:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps

I’d take this seasons too, I looked at all the seasons within the past few years and Fall 22 was the only 1 that stood out as possibly having an argument

I’m watching 16 shows right now, that’s easily the most I’ve ever watched in 1 season, plus this season has multiple genres of 🔥

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
What’s with all these series having production issues?
It is the same thing that what happened last season. Also Golden Week in Japan was bound to have an affect as well. Honestly a series getting one delay seems to be more standard then it should be. Basically too many anime projects happening.

For the case of OnK and Jigo delays I don't think it is much to be concerned with. The case of Mashle is more concerning because of the Aniplex situation from last season was bound to come into play this season. This is one seasonal that I would be nervous if it will finish.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Regarding OnK Ep 7 was a great follow up to ep 6. If they nail ep 8 I would easily put it over ep 1 if you were to do comparisons. Regarding the episode itself.

It carried over the emotional followup from the previous episode beautifully. Highlighting the fukked up nature of the entertainment industry where you have these adult basically taking advantage of these kids. Where if they make a mistake they will use that to their own benefit ignoring what affect it will have on them. All kids make mistakes, but adults taking advantage of that ignoring that it could lead them to doing what Akane did is beyond fukked up.

The later part of the episode was more so showcasing the genius part of Akane. This was only hinted before as she was shown as a hardworking individual. In the manga it had her listing all the observations regarding Ai. Meanwhile the anime showcasing different pictures of Ai as she made those observation enhanced the scene for me.

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.26.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.28.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.28.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.29.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.36.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.37.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.37.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.42.27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.54.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-24_at_2.54.48_PM.png