AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I just notice something, since VRV has been shut down, it seems like Crunchyroll/Funimation (to an extent) is keeping their word on converting your watch history over to Crunchyroll as I'm planning to re-watch The God of High School and notice it shows that I already finish the show, when before it didn't and show me the first episode on my queue.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Really liked the roto action here.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That’s Mezzo Forte, I was gonna watch it 1 day until I went on MAL and seen it was H :mjlol: i was like never mind

You be posting some wild stuff sometimes 😂 you watch that type of stuff don’t you 🤔

Man it on twitter when I was searching on something about fights in DBZ.

Saw something about Goku got a new form and came across that.

I’m one of the good guys:whoa:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Gon damn near getting kidnapped and taken for ransom if not harvested in episode 2 due to how gullible he is had me dead lol. Without leorio, gon was food to the savages in the greater world outside of his town. This would really be the situation to all these shonen mcs going on an adventure

Gon lowkey already has shown some of his lack of fukks given. I don't think hes even ATTEMPTED to block or dodge an attack yet. He just trusts that he wont get in trouble. When going 1v1 with netero, netero was thinking "he's going to cave his own head in for this game I made up to pass the time. WTF is wrong with him :dahell:"

After watching the first 2 phases, I think I prefer the 90s version of the hunters exam so far. Its slightly slower, but it makes a lot more sense and still paces well. They give the ninja (hanzo) a lot more attention. When watching the 2011 version I paid him no mind until the last phase, but here he an active part of the story and it's immediately clear that he's better than the other applicants.

Phase 2 had the 2 gourmet chefs do separate tests instead of 1. This way buhara's test still involves pork but menchi could make a whole new test from scratch. Since everyone passed the first person (buhara), Menchi designed a test to filter out bums, so she made it more difficult than buhara's on purpose. Menchi's test was to make sushi, which none of them outside of the ninja really knows, and kurapika is only other person to have even heard of it. Since they had no idea what they were doing until the ninja raged at her and exposed the recipe, she was failing everyone for not even shaping it correctly. By the time they learned what sushi was, it was already too late. This makes wayyy more sense than just saying everyone's pork sucks like they did in the 2011 version and explains why netero had to ask her to demonstrate the test instead of giving them something they never heard of with 0 context.

Killua's backstory with the zoldyks and even his characterization is taken more seriously and they even added a whole plotline with a failed applicant trying to get revenge on the killua for what the zoldyks do. Killua seems nerfed so far though since he was creating after images and one-shotting people who got near him in 2011 but he's not doing that now.

Maybe I was stanning the wrong version this whole time :ohhh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Vinland Saga was great once again. I'm skeptical that Thorfinn can find this place where war does not reach and he get past his adversaries without fighting them. but I hope he does for people like Arnheid. Maybe talking to Canute and negotiating somehow will help with that.

Caught up to new Demon Slayer. I do not remember a lot of this arc despite reading the manga. Just some highlights here and there. Genya shooting people in a show thats been all about super powered swordsmanship has been the highlight so far.

Started Oshi no Ko. Hooked me in after the tone shift in the 1hr long episode 1. Am really enjoying the meta commentary on showmaking and productions that is somehow being wrapped around a murder mystery.

It's similar to Kaguya Sama in how lying and acting is used as a defensive mechanism, but in this case its necessary for the industry that they are in, so its like another take on the same theme by Aka. Also Mengo in Kuzu no Honkai which comments on the same ideas. Great pairing between these two.

I also find it a little funny that there's an episode about poorly executed manga adaptions that alienates a fanbase/irritates the creator, when both of these mangaka have gotten basically flawlesss adaptations for their respective works. Not everyone is so fortunate and its gotta suck when it happens to you.
Even Aka's new manga has deception as a main storyline in it. Granted OnK deals with it in a darker more dangerous environment. Since the entertainment industry is fukked up as the series will touch upon many times. Compared to the other 2 series which are high school rom-coms.

Iirc the Sweet Today Arc is partially based on the Kaguya Live Action. Which looking into it seems pretty mediocre. Obviously not as bad as Sweet Today's adaption in OnK, but this proably an image about how bad the Kaguya Live Action was to Aka.

Also when I was reading this back in the beginning of the year when the anime already got announced I was think "What if OnK ends up with a bad anime adaptation talking about bad adaptations of beloved manga." Obviously that wasn't the case.