tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man OnK they way executed today's episode was perfect. :mjcry: They took the feeling the manga had and cranked it up 9 billion percent.Was tough to watch, but that shows how well they adapted this episode. The anime is a great one as it the anime is elevating the manga which very good on its own.

Will tag my actual thoughts but it highlights how fukked up the Entertainment industry and social media is.

As usual we got another 3 chapters adapted but man oh man this is great but brutal to watch. Honestly this hit much harder then when I read the manga. It took all the strengths of anime flow, voice acting and animation is flowed it perfectly.

Episode starts with Akane continuing being an earnest hard worker. She was doing her best but it wasn't enough. Which obviously was unfair. Seeing people saying she is invisible and irrelevant in the show to her manager getting chewed out put her in a real uncomfortable position.

She then does something that is normally out of character from what the anime has shown and while Yuki and the rest of the cast obviously have her back. Put social media just like in real life is beyond cruel. But suddenly she overhears people in her school talking bad about her.

Some things that the anime executed perfectly. It sped up the voices from social along with what Akane is hearing. It puts you in her position of someone dealing with anxiety. Cause when you are dealing with anxiety everything is happening so fast. Suddenly it becomes harder to relax and breathe and you feel like you are alone.

Also it flowed perfectly to Akane on the bridge and the way they had Aqua save Akane was perfect. I am a big Akane fan having read the manga, but this is one of the few times watching anime that made me cry.

I was worried with Akane getting hype from readers and her being in the OP would make her appearance in the anime to not have the same feel as the manga. But the executed this PERFECTLY.

My favorite episode so far.

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_12.58.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.03.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.05.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.12.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.14.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.15.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.17.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.19.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.19.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.19.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.19.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.20.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.20.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.20.27_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.20.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-05-17_at_1.20.48_PM.png

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Just started watching bungo stray dogs and I'm already sold off the 1st episode, about to binge watch.

Hell's paradise and demon slayer are on my list of course too.
It only gets better :banderas:

Y'all go me back into anime from a break from 2008 with Demon Slayer , but this richea is miles above it

I am rationing the last 6 eps of the latest season, so i will be ready for season 5 in July.

And when you hear Eye of the tiger - Some hellacious fights are about to go down.
when that refrain hits @ 1:26, somebody is flexing like a muthafukka:banderas::russ:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Good amount of us are watching it. Few of us read the manga which is a classic. Anime adaption is pretty solid. Mappa aint giving this the same juice as JJK. (Kind of expected since the series has been finished for a good while and it seems less popular then JJK and CSM) But that is fine as the animation is solid. The series has top tier leads and side characters that people will really like imo. As the long as the animation doesn't fall off the fights should be awesome to watch.

Obviously it is not going to be able to beat Demon Slayer in terms of animation and budget. But nobody is expecting that since not even CSM or JJK is touching that.

It's crazy cuz I like and enjoy watching Hells Paradise more than JJK and CSM. Them shyts look good and the fights are amazing, but most of the rest of it is just average to slightly above average to me.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It's crazy cuz I like and enjoy watching Hells Paradise more than JJK and CSM. Them shyts look good and the fights are amazing, but most of the rest of it is just average to slightly above average to me.
Well CSM is basically style over substance. As it adapts more of part 1 that aspect becomes more apparent outside of Aki.

I feel like JJK was just getting started. So hard for me to say how it will take things. But Itadori, Maki, Mai and Nanami were all great. Plus a lot of the other side characters have seeds planted that could serve as good character development in S2.

Like you said fights for these two are great especially JJK.

Hell's Paradise feels more mature then these 2 series. Part of it is due to the 2 leads. Gabimaru wanting to return to his wife and Sagiri trying to find herself. Also they do a great job at setting up the mystery of the island and it only gets better. It's kind of like Vinland for a lot of us this season. It does a great job at making the show very interesting even when fights aren't present.

That is the kind of thing that separates a good action/battle shounen from a great one.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
anybody watched wiseman's grandchild? cut too short in my opinion .
I watched that. I think it’s based on a light novel that’s 13 volumes long and not licensed in English. An anime that probably covers 4 volumes ain't gonna cut it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I think I stopped watching after the....2nd season I think...

Is it worth picking up in your opinion?
I mean if you dropped it's hard to just say to just pick it up because Imo Dr. Stone has stayed very consistent to what it is. Basically an idea if humanity suddenly had to reset and you had a super genius that has the potential to recreate things to get humanity back on track. Obviously you can't take it 100% seriously, but it is anime so that is more then fine.

It is easily one of the more unique shounen anime out there imo.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I was gonna ignore Yakitori: Soldiers of Mistfortune but decided to give it a shot since the last few of the Netflix CG anime I watched were enjoyable. Then I noticed it's based on a Carlo Zen (author of Tanya The Evil) novel. After watching two eps...

giphy.gif

Last edited: