tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Caught up again on Vinland Saga after waiting more episodes to pile up.

This shyt a cotdamn classic. Anyone who doesn't think this season is top level storytelling doesn't know shyt in my book :hubie: :ufdup:

Would've loved for WIT to have continued the animation though, MAPPA done a good job but WIT is a step above, imo.
Well it is the same team, basically they moved from Wit to Mappa. Few differences but season has a completely different tone. But when the animation hits, it is as good as S1 imo.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Well it is the same team, basically they moved from Wit to Mappa. Few differences but season has a completely different tone. But when the animation hits, it is as good as S1 imo.
The drawings are spectacular, just as S1. But animation is one step below what they did at WIT. It's very similar to what happened to AoT.

Seems to me Mappa pulls all the stops for JJK and CSM and does "the best it can" for other shows. Which is a predictable issue of any studio that takes so many high profile projects

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The drawings are spectacular, just as S1. But animation is one step below what they did at WIT. It's very similar to what happened to AoT.

Seems to me Mappa pulls all the stops for JJK and CSM and does "the best it can" for other shows. Which is a predictable issue of any studio that takes so many high profile projects
I always felt like the first 2 parts of final season AoT was a noticeable drop off from S3. Something just didn't feel the same. Like the art style was a fine change, but something about the animation just felt lacking. Obviously they going all out on these final 2 special episodes.

I also felt like CSM wasn't quite on JJK's level. JJK is even more impressive as I started reading the manga as they add a good amount of stuff to the fights to enhance them. If it wasn't for Ufo JJK would get more praise for its animation.

But you are right on the too many projects aspect you can see that with Jigo right now. A top tier manga getting an ok/solid adaptation in terms of production.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I always felt like the first 2 parts of final season AoT was a noticeable drop off from S3. Something just didn't feel the same. Like the art style was a fine change, but something about the animation just felt lacking. Obviously they going all out on these final 2 special episodes.

I also felt like CSM wasn't quite on JJK's level.
JJK is even more impressive as I started reading the manga as they add a good amount of stuff to the fights to enhance them. If it wasn't for Ufo JJK would get more praise for its animation.

But you are right on the too many projects aspect you can see that with Jigo right now. A top tier manga getting an ok/solid adaptation in terms of production.
It wasn't but you could tell the studio pulled all the stops to try to make a leap with they way they worked the 3D animation. It wasn't perfect but they weren't far off.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
new Demon Slayer Dropped

probably the best episode of the season :banderas:

Genya Wick doing it big, healing factor better than Wolverine's
his backstory though :sadcam:

Tanjiro becoming a problem with
Sun breathing