winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
With the year ending what were your top 5 shows this year?

For me it's:
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Ping Pong
Sekai Seifuku
Haikyuu
Barakamon
Counting shows that finished their run in 2014 all in order these are the shows I enjoyed the most this year
Top 5
Kill la Kill
Golden Time
Nisekoi
No Game No Life
Sidonia no Kishi

Bottom 5
Log Horizon S1
Isshuukan Friends
Baby Steps
Trinity Seven
ALDNOAH.ZERO

Honorable mentions
Ore Twintails ni Narimasu
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Ao Haru Ride
Black Bullet
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Buddy Complex
Akame ga Kill!

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Counting shows that finished their run in 2014 all in order these are the shows I enjoyed the most this year

Sidonia no Kishi

The art style on that one has me :scust:

A friend of mine told me I should read it instead. Gonna do that once I get the tablet next week.

Books

Rookie
Daps
Yeah, hopefully Parasyte will stay on its current level. Same goes for Ronja.

I liked the second season of Zoku Shou better than the first but it still wasn't touching the OG. It got closer though.

Not overall, but some episodes were up there with the best from S1. 3 and 6-8 are brilliant.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currently rewatching YuYu Halusho for like the 3rd time, but this time I'm reading the manga along with it. Right now I'm on the episode where Sensui kills Yusuke. :banderas:

I was worried the modern Bleach and Naruto animation would put me off of Yu Yu Hakusho's older animation but I got used to it after a while. Yeah some parts look mad outdated but I can live with it. Soundtrack is still amazing, story is still great, the voice cast is amazing. I'm also realizing how similar the Fullbring arc in Bleach is tot he Chapter Black saga.

Anyway brehs 20 years later this is still the GOAT anime imo. :mjcry:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda Death Note ish. Haven't seen the anime but read the manga years back, shyt is :damn::mindblown::dwillhuh: status.

It's a battle to become god. Everyone in it has a "diary", a cellphone with some sort of power. The main characters tells him his future. In the form of messages like

5:10PM: Running away.
5:11PM: Dead.

So like, not super detailed. But seeing those, he can change it. The encounters with the people in the game are cool because he kinda has to make shyt up as he goes along and just try different things to get his future to change before it's too late.

But the REAL reason for the show being :damn:? fukking Yuno :banderas: This girl, is the BENCHMARK for psychotic, overly in love anime chicks. Like. THERE 2IS NO COMPARISON. NONE. This chick is the sum of every crazy bytch ever. And the longer the series goes on, the more the story opens up, and you realizes how goddamned the situation is.

No manga has ever left me with more BRUH :mindblown::mindblown: moments. I don't know if the anime is a direct translation (the manga is fukkED).

I power-read through the manga in a week. If you're going to read-watch it, then no spoilers, no plot synopsis. Just go in. I know you hate anime cliches and shyt. Trust, they don't live here. If anything the people who did this took a fukking chainsaw to the obsessed girl who will make the shy guy lover her trope.

:dahell: wtf do you have me watching breh? I'm on episode 11 (the police station stuff just happened) and this is the most random anime I've ever seen. I knew something wasn't right when I read a review saying people either love this or hate it. First episode had me :gladbron:, now I'm like :what:. This is beyond strange so please tell me there's a pay off.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:dahell: wtf do you have me watching breh? I'm on episode 11 (the police station stuff just happened) and this is the most random anime I've ever seen. I knew something wasn't right when I read a review saying people either love this or hate it. First episode had me :gladbron:, now I'm like :what:. This is beyond strange so please tell me there's a pay off.
I've never seen the anime so I have no idea

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 1 or 2? If one it gets better towards the end. It's a slower paced anime. Season 2 has more action. It's not a great series by any stretch.
The entire series. The end of S1 was terrible and I had the Belichick on my face for the entirety of S2. I knew I should have dropped it when the plot was a spin on Minority Report.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, the 2015 Winter season is looking a little weak :patrice:

Outside of a few currently ongoing series, I'm only looking forward to Death Parade, Junketsu no Maria, Aldnoah Zero, and Tokyo Ghoul.

Somebody school me on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It gets a few praises here and there but I'm kind of skeptical...

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Psycho Pass is one of the most disappointing animes that I have had the displeasure of viewing.
I tried to tell nigas that shyt cheeks after the first season. :mjlol: it's got potential but it's just....boring
Brehs, the 2015 Winter season is looking a little weak :patrice:

Outside of a few currently ongoing series, I'm only looking forward to Death Parade, Junketsu no Maria, Aldnoah Zero, and Tokyo Ghoul.

Somebody school me on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It gets a few praises here and there but I'm kind of skeptical...
The art style is 80s-ish so it takes some getting used to. If you're looking for a typical fight fest shonen, skip this. The fights in this series are hella creative but usually not visually stimulating

give it till halfway thru part 2 episode 15 or 16 (asking a lot I know) before deciding if you wanna stay with it.

With the year ending what were your top 5 shows this year?

For me it's:
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Ping Pong
Sekai Seifuku
Haikyuu
Barakamon

Parasyte (I read it tho)
Kill La Kill
Akame
Bahamut
Jojo

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finishing the Nodame series. Almost done with Paris. Very dope series. Funny as hell especially Stresemann.