Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
have you just stopped and look at the roaches? they are big,tall, are faster and black the roaches are the stereotype of a black man
I thought it was an example of cavemen

Cavemen had the club's, the stones and such and that big and muscular body structure just like the roaches.

Where did you get the similarities to Black men?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think people are exaggerating the racism of Terra Formars (I joke about it a lot, because I think it's jokes) when it's really more classic Japanese xenophobia paired with the lack of cultural understanding of the west. Race relations are completely different in the east compared to the west, and that fukks with your head because you look at a show like Terra Formars with a western mindset, one in which institutional racism is ingrained, with a long history of mocking/stereotyping black people in media. But Japanese people don't really have any experience with that, so to them, a big black caveman-acting creature that's preying on (almost exclusively) white people doesn't carry the same subtext as it does for us westerners.

We see racism because we recognize elements of how black people used to be (and in some ways, still are) portrayed in media. Same goes for the German guy called Adolf. Sure, Japan was in WWII, but do you think that outside of some very forced (and rather weak) alliance with Germany, they gave a shyt about the European theater of war? Of course they know about Hitler and shyt but to them the things that happened in Europe are about as irrelevant to them as the Pacific Ocean is to us. Can you name the Japanese emperor of the top of your head? Outside of Pearl Harbor and stuff that's been a part of movies (like Iwo Jima) what do you really know about what happened over there. To keep it short, even if they know about all the shyt Hitler has done, his legacy doesn't carry the same weight in Japan as it does in the western world, which is why the name Adolf is less of a taboo.

Basically, Terra Formars is a series that really emphasizes how separated the western and eastern world still are culturally. Remember, this is what Japanese people think black people sound like:

They simply don't understand because they don't know.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
no good new anime are coming out now a lot of them are ending
buuut quite a few anime's are returning...i'd say there's no new anime im checking for except for maybe death parade but jojo, kuroko, tokyo ghoul, & sengoku will for sure hold me down....and i know theres a few on here that watch that aldnoah zero shyt too

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
I finished bahamut...I'm a little dissapointed. I was under the impression this show was going ot be atleast another season or two, didn't think it would end right there. Seems like crammed alot into 12 episodes when characters could have been fleshed out a little more with around 22 imo. Still enjoyed the anime had a different feel than the ones I been watching lately.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Just saw the upcoming list for animes. Alot of mangas I'm reading is becoming a anime.:obama:

Waiting for shokugeki no soma wacky ass food show to come out..:dead:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
With the year ending what were your top 5 shows this year?

For me it's:
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Ping Pong
Sekai Seifuku
Haikyuu
Barakamon

1. Ping Pong
2. Parasyte
3. Sanzoku No Musume Ronja
4. Haikyuu!!
5. Mushishi Zoku Shou

Books

Rookie
Daps
1. Ping Pong
2. Parasyte
3. Sanzoku No Musume Ronja
4. Haikyuu!!
5. Mushishi Zoku Shou

Parasyte is definitely up there. I didn't include it because it's still airing, if the quality keeps up though :ohlawd:

Second half of Zoku Shou really brought back the feelings from season 1 that Zoku Shou part 1 was missing at times. My emotions :mjcry:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My Top 10 that I have watched this year
1.H x H
2. Kuroko
3. Magi
4. Log Horizon
5. Haikyuu
6. Attack on Titan
7. Dangaroppa
8. Death Note
9. Bakumon
10. SAO/Gundam Build Fighter

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Parasyte is definitely up there. I didn't include it because it's still airing, if the quality keeps up though :ohlawd:

Second half of Zoku Shou really brought back the feelings from season 1 that Zoku Shou part 1 was missing at times. My emotions :mjcry:

Yeah, hopefully Parasyte will stay on its current level. Same goes for Ronja.

I liked the second season of Zoku Shou better than the first but it still wasn't touching the OG. It got closer though.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Last 10 mins of stay night sold me. The stan in me wants to say its that but parasyte to this point is better.

knowing how both end tho stay is going to yake this in the spring