winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finished Kaguya Sama S2. This has mostly been an elite comedy, but when it wants to shift to a sentimental drama it has been better than actual tear jerker anime. Not often you get a rom com with compelling enough characters to do both well. The episodes focusing on Ishigami and Iino's conflict, and obviously Kaguya, moved me.

Big fan of this. The moment that Kaguya and Miyuki drop the charade this will become a 10/10, top 20 level anime for me. I suppose S3 or 4 is when the major turning point comes.
That show is the greatest modern romcom anime. It gets to cheat because it can stray from the path and just do dumb comedy then come back and get serious. The fact that it’s not a pure romcom helps it greatly.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
So the 2nd part of the SxF episode was anime original and was great as usual with this adaptation so far.

giphy.gif

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Just finished Fate / Lost Encore. It has some highlights but it's overwhelmingly drudgery. Main was boring, which is amazing for a reincarnated avatar of Death and hatred. This Saber was a nice departure from other more serious iterations in tone but lacked the weight of others in terms of ability.

Everyone else was ass.
That's basically the same conclusion I came to. Wound up being a complete let down other than Saber.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
That's basically the same conclusion I came to. Wound up being a complete let down other than Saber.
shyt is frustrating because it had a spark when it started, could have gone anywhere. Twice's Servant Buddha was a fukking cheat code, only got to see him for like 5 minutes in the 1st episode. You know he's broken when his Noble Phantasm is the secondary antagonist for the whole series AFTER he's already gone.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Rewatched AoT Season 4 Part 2.

Still convinced that the tone shift in the middle after the start of the Rumbling wasn't necessary. Considering it just segway'd into the campfire of hate scene, it kind of just felt like it was there.

Annie/Mikasa staying on demon time was good, and Reiner stole the show as usual. Think they should have stretched out Reiner's thing about Marco and really keyed in on the fact that he didn't realize he ordered Marco to die. Pr sure none of the scouts really knew that side to him.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I’m close to the end of Claymore and apparently I have to read the manga for the rest of the story?

so they just never adapted anything else from the manga since 2007. damn.
I was going to warn you but didn't want to ruin your immersion. It's a damn good opening salvo with absolutely no follow up.:francis: