Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Binged the first 5 eps. of Ranking of Kings. Glad I slept on it now because this shyt is fire and I get a buffet. :blessed:

That demonic shyt in episode 5 tho.

oh-my-god.gif

How you gonna puree my father's corpse and expect me to drink the result?
:gucci: Daida a piece of shyt but I appreciate he saw how sick that shyt was.

I’ve seen a few people on my FB feed talk about this

I guess I’ll check it out

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
You going to get jumped breh.:russ:
Nah people have all sorts of different opinions on it in here. The general consensus is that it's not for everyone :yeshrug:
The only 2 anime that REALLY get people on the internet going
a77debc483207c4a383ca65552c79ae232da528ar1-357-200_00.gif
at any critique are demon slayer and OP. One Piece barely even counts anymore since the show's biggest stan (theGodling) got banned and the rest of it's fanbase is chill

Any other show, people can freely discuss anything

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Read all of demon slayer since the anime was too slow for my taste :stopitslime:

I want my time back.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Meaning...?

You were disappointed? Speak on it.:yeshrug:
Felt like they went over board with the ass pulls through out the whole series but the end was a little too much. I felt like tanjiro was underpowered dam near the whole ride and when he was in a pinch the go to was to black out and become a savage. And I mean they ending was just what the fukk. I just felt like they threw so much stuff at you at once.

I know everything can’t have a perfect ending like Slam Dunk but this just felt rushed for the hype it got.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Felt like they went over board with the ass pulls through out the whole series but the end was a little too much. I felt like tanjiro was underpowered dam near the whole ride and when he was in a pinch the go to was to black out and become a savage. And I mean they ending was just what the fukk. I just felt like they threw so much stuff at you at once.

I know everything can’t have a perfect ending like Slam Dunk but this just felt rushed for the hype it got.

Personally, I don't mind an "underpowered" MC if the reasons for that fits a theme of the show. In DS humans are not supposed to be as strong as demons who have inherent advantages over them...because they sacrifice their humanity to get that power. It's always a moment of triumph if the humans beat any of the upper moons because of how handicapped they are. No spoilers in this post for anyone who hasnt read btw.

I don't remember what ass pulls were. I felt the major victories were deserved because they come at a cost. Like we saw last season in what it took to beat the sibling upper moons.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

I respect that you actually have a line of thought to your stance, that's why I asked you to explain. So props for that. Personally, I thought they dragged out the final fight but only by a week's release or two & even that told a story of the tenacity of the opponent and their desire to survive.

I don't mind the fact that Tanjiro remains the underdog all the way through because that's the horrifying world they live in. They're eternally at the mercy of Muzan and his demons barring tremendous sacrifices. Their low to mid members get slaughtered by demon underlings and their Hashira are outmatched against any Upper, again barring special circumstances.

All that in mind, I feel like the series ended nicely.:ehh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Ranking of Kings has picked up (on episode 6 or 7) still not worth the hype it was getting in this thread though.
You going to get jumped breh.:russ:

Not liking the show is one thing (one I disagree with but to each it's own :yeshrug:).

We would have a problem if the complaint was about Brehjji though :ufdup: :birdman:

Read all of demon slayer since the anime was too slow for my taste :stopitslime:

I want my time back.

I've told people about the manga time and time again in this thread :manny: it's quickly makes a turn and forces you to just enjoy the fights. The author clearly just wanted to wrap shyt up and give the fans big action over anything else to "finish" the story.