Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Finally got around to watching Demon Slayer.

I’m on episode 17 now and I’m feeling it but this Zenitsu kid might be the worst character I’ve ever seen in an anime. :what: Every episode this shyt head is fukking screaming. I don’t even want to watch it because this dude is such a p*ssy screaming about everything. :mindblown:

You're going to regret talking shyt about the Thunder God :ufdup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Slime ain’t an action anime? Don’t know shyt about it, but I seen some poster of a chick with a sword.

I was looking at the poster and was like where is the slime?
Slime has occasional action in it but it's a kingdom building anime with far more slice of life type moments in it. Seems some people watch it and want it to be a shonen battle manga style series when that was never the pitch of the show.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Finally got around to watching Demon Slayer.

I’m on episode 17 now and I’m feeling it but this Zenitsu kid might be the worst character I’ve ever seen in an anime. :what: Every episode this shyt head is fukking screaming. I don’t even want to watch it because this dude is such a p*ssy screaming about everything. :mindblown:
You ain't wrong. Zenitsu sucks outside of the few minutes of being awesome in a fight each season.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Usually, anime does a bad job portraying child characters or uses them as cute bait. Genius Prince has done a great job these last 2 episodes with Falanya's character arc.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Gotcha, so what makes Slime so lit to everyone else?

I just found out dude was another dude that turned into a slime that turned into a dude who doesn’t look like a dude.

That’s new

:ehh::ehh:

I don't know. You gotta ask a nikka nerd that question cuz they like what they like, just like everyone else. :manny:

People will praise the Slice of Life elements or whatever the fukking term of the month is, but there's been shows that do all that shyt better (Moonlit Fantasy for example) so it really just comes down to defending personal taste when nikkas try to shame you for not liking Slime or thinking its some great type of show.

The reason why everyone is always so hard pressed to see some action in Slime, is because that's literally the only thing it does great (when it does happen) The story or characters aren't special. The world building is ok, but slow and boring. The humor is corny and forced at times.

You see how you were able to express how good Ranking of Kings was without even speaking on the action (which is like 60% of the show) You really can't do that with Slime.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Gotcha, so what makes Slime so lit to everyone else?

I just found out dude was another dude that turned into a slime that turned into a dude who doesn’t look like a dude.

That’s new

:ehh::ehh:
I don't think Slime is worth the time after a while because the slice of life and world building aspects that it tries to prop up simply aren't even that good :manny: when your idea of world building is simply slapping a previously unmentioned city/resource/faction to an existing plot line at a crucial moment over and over, then your world building story telling is weak and reactive.

even moreso when you drop the value or purpose of that newly introduced city/resource/faction as soon as that moment has passed

slime, at least in the anime, wants it both ways. they want to do fights and powerups and when those fall flat its supposed to be an evolving story based on the world - which is also weak.

proper 6 high tier mid. show takes turns disappointing people in different ways to disguise how shallow it is. still enjoyable but you're not missing out

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I don't know. You gotta ask a nikka nerd that question cuz they like what they like, just like everyone else. :manny:

People will praise the Slice of Life elements or whatever the fukking term of the month is, but there's been shows that do all that shyt better (Moonlit Fantasy for example) so it really just comes down to defending personal taste when nikkas try to shame you for not liking Slime or thinking its some great type of show.

The reason why everyone is always so hard pressed to see some action in Slime, is because that's literally the only thing it does great (when it does happen) The story or characters aren't special. The world building is ok, but slow and boring. The humor is corny and forced at times.

You see how you were able to express how good Ranking of Kings was without even speaking on the action (which is like 60% of the show) You really can't do that with Slime.
Yeah I was lookin at the fights in the show and they was lit af.

Glad you was able to give RoK a chance because it’s lit af.

:blessed::blessed:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I don't think Slime is worth the time after a while because the slice of life and world building aspects that it tries to prop up simply aren't even that good :manny: when your idea of world building is simply slapping a previously unmentioned city/resource/faction to an existing plot line at a crucial moment over and over, then your world building story telling is weak and reactive.

even moreso when you drop the value or purpose of that newly introduced city/resource/faction as soon as that moment has passed

slime, at least in the anime, wants it both ways. they want to do fights and powerups and when those fall flat its supposed to be an evolving story based on the world - which is also weak.

proper 6 high tier mid. show takes turns disappointing people in different ways to disguise how shallow it is. still enjoyable but you're not missing out
Breh, I was looking at YouTube comments and they called it reincarnated as mid. I was rollin.

:russ::mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I feel Slime is a solid watch as a seasonal. Not something I would binge tho. The SoL aspects I feel are the stuff that it does the best. Kind of evident since Slime Diaries was better than part two of S2. Part one of S2 was fire, but beyond that, the show is very safe.

I remember the first third of S1 being very hard to get into. If you aren't caught up by now, it is probably not worth it.