Consumed

Superstar
Daps
tried to make a personal scoring rubric for anime to better organize how I scores shows. i rate a lot of stuff but never thought to actually define what those numbers meant until now. obv all opinion -

10 - Works of apparent brilliance. Not perfect (nothing is), but they must set themselves apart from peers and be more than a derivative of something else before it. These shows will have a definitive message and present itself in a way that is inspiring, convention destroying, thought provoking, side splitting, heart wrenching, and sometimes all of the above (LOTGH, Bebop).

9 - Personal favorites. Timeless stories that can be enjoyed again and again. Might be missing a tiny extra spark to consider it a masterpiece such as the lack of a satisfying conclusion, key adaptation omissions, crazy long filler stretches that kill momentum or just needing more time to establish itself, but I will recognize this as some of the best work anime has to offer and a definitive "classic" (Kenshin, FMA 2003).

8 - Highly enjoyable and worth rewatching. Will have more apparent flaws than the above shows, but the overwhelming strengths make them worth revisiting and recommending to anyone with similar views in anime. All of these shows I’m looking to own physical copies of someday if not already (Code Geass, Casshern Sins).

7 - Worth watching. Had fun while watching. But doesn't do anything to leave a deep impression on me to extent of wanting to revisit it again outside of listening to OSTs on Spotify. In some cases there is a manga version of this that I prefer to read making the discontinued anime a bit of an afterthought by comparison until another season is announced if ever (Black Clover, Soul Eater).

6 - There is something here that makes the show not bland and worth finishing. Has occasional good moments. but the negatives will often make me wish I were doing something else (Amanchu, Blood Lad).

5 - Kind of a waste of time. Not necessarily a bad show but there are too many issues to call it good either. In many cases there is a strong start that gave hope for something great, making the eventual collapse all the more disappointing in the end (Gangsta, Wonder Egg Priority). Perhaps "best viewed in gif form" as @42 Monks says.

4 - Plainly recognized as a bad show that has too many flaws to care about any positives. At this point the show is difficult to sit through without 4x speed and english dubs for background noise (Otherside Picnic).

3 - Bad to the point of mild irritation. Struggle to get through this even with the use of fast forwarding and dubs. But at least in some way I can see redeemable value for those who think its not bad (Gantz anime)

1-2 - Bad to the point of being gross without any value I can see. An actual abomination. First three episodes of Tenjou Tenge for example.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I won’t forget how they violated Sasha when gabi saved Sasha’s sister and then she saw an image of Sasha when it was really gabi.

fukked up on so many levels.

:russ::mjlol:

Authors love to piss off their fan base.

I heard dude wanted to get Sasha up out the paint early in the story and how she was barely in the manga.

Not only did the author try to paint gabi as Sasha after she killed her, she is now trying to kill Eren and save the world like she’s a good guy.

I was laughing when Jean kicked her, he shouldn’t have apologized though.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Armin has time and time again shown he gonna pick the soft route

Erwin not getting beat up by Eren after Eren ethered Mikasa :hhh:
That scene low-key pissed me off. This man Armin got put in an arm lock after defending her after she just got her heart broken, then he gets his ass whopped while she screamin stop in the background not tryna help breh out.

Armin should’ve barked on Mikasa like he did when she was asking what to do about Eren a few episodes back.

Eren wouldn’t dare try that shyt with Erwin, titan or not lmao.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
tried to make a personal scoring rubric for anime to better organize how I scores shows. i rate a lot of stuff but never thought to actually define what those numbers meant until now. obv all opinion -

10 - Works of apparent brilliance. Not perfect (nothing is), but they must set themselves apart from peers and be more than a derivative of something else before it. These shows will have a definitive message and present itself in a way that is inspiring, convention destroying, thought provoking, side splitting, heart wrenching, and sometimes all of the above (LOTGH, Bebop).

9 - Personal favorites. Timeless stories that can be enjoyed again and again. Might be missing a tiny extra spark to consider it a masterpiece such as the lack of a satisfying conclusion, key adaptation omissions, crazy long filler stretches that kill momentum or just needing more time to establish itself, but I will recognize this as some of the best work anime has to offer and a definitive "classic" (Kenshin, FMA 2003).

8 - Highly enjoyable and worth rewatching. Will have more apparent flaws than the above shows, but the overwhelming strengths make them worth revisiting and recommending to anyone with similar views in anime. All of these shows I’m looking to own physical copies of someday if not already (Code Geass, Casshern Sins).

7 - Worth watching. Had fun while watching. But doesn't do anything to leave a deep impression on me to extent of wanting to revisit it again outside of listening to OSTs on Spotify. In some cases there is a manga version of this that I prefer to read making the discontinued anime a bit of an afterthought by comparison until another season is announced if ever (Black Clover, Soul Eater).

6 - There is something here that makes the show not bland and worth finishing. Has occasional good moments. but the negatives will often make me wish I were doing something else (Amanchu, Blood Lad).

5 - Kind of a waste of time. Not necessarily a bad show but there are too many issues to call it good either. In many cases there is a strong start that gave hope for something great, making the eventual collapse all the more disappointing in the end (Gangsta, Wonder Egg Priority). Perhaps "best viewed in gif form" as @42 Monks says.

4 - Plainly recognized as a bad show that has too many flaws to care about any positives. At this point the show is difficult to sit through without 4x speed and english dubs for background noise (Otherside Picnic).

3 - Bad to the point of mild irritation. Struggle to get through this even with the use of fast forwarding and dubs. But at least in some way I can see redeemable value for those who think its not bad (Gantz anime)

1-2 - Bad to the point of being gross without any value I can see. An actual abomination. First three episodes of Tenjou Tenge for example.
Wrong FMA at 9 but otherwise solid key.:ehh:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I won’t forget how they violated Sasha when gabi saved Sasha’s sister and then she saw an image of Sasha when it was really gabi.

fukked up on so many levels.

Authors love to piss off their fan base.

I heard dude wanted to get Sasha up out the paint early in the story and how she was barely in the manga.

Not only did the author try to paint gabi as Sasha after she killed her, she is now trying to kill Eren and save the world like she’s a good guy.

I was laughing when Jean kicked her, he shouldn’t have apologized though.

Kaya isn't Sasha's real sister but I get what you're saying. Gabi is suppose to be the female version of Eren according to Isayama tho so she's got ultimate plot armor lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I miss those train wreck fukkery shows like Aldnoah Zero and Valvrave the Liberator. The Code Geass gang needs to run it back and do another series.