twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So i finally got to the beginning of the spade kingdom arc
All the characters got a timeskip redesign and got buffed (both figuratively and in Asta's case literally but now he looks roided out :dahell:
)
First mission in the spade kingdom made the blacc bulls seem straight up overpowered now. At this point I was feeling bad for the villains. :pachaha:

I did find it kinda odd how they lost 2 armies and a commander yet the triad breh with the marking over his eye was like :yeshrug:

I knew they would find a way to powercreep Yuno to being far above asta again somehow. I find it odd how he is legit royalty and should be famous yet noone ever recognized him. Did nobody in the clover kingdom pay attention to the spade kingdom at all? Has no one from spade ever gone to clover? They had a whole holiday in spade for him and hes a magic knight vice captain and this never turned any heads.

Also the dark triad dont play at all. They just walked right in the capital and clapped the golden dawn. They didnt even choose a jobber squad they went STRAIGHT for the most prestigious one. They are mostly gone already and have vangence like:merchant:

This has to be the most damage done and its only 3 episodes in :damn: now i see what @twan83 was talking about

If they raise the stakes any higher than this :whoa:

granted u watching the anime but I will tell u where they at now shyts on what they went thru it’s technically the same arc where the manga is at but boy oh boy it makes the traid shyt seem like Child’s play compared to the hell they going thru now :whew:

Deman

All Star
Daps
fukk are you talking about?:dwillhuh:
DS's first season was best viewed in gif format. I mean, look at what happened - besides the typical character introduction type stuff. It was just an animation showcase. They don't even get into significant levels of where there power system goes, you only meet the characters that have significant impact towards the end of the season and they're all a lot of tell instead of show.

In that first season, you have Tanjiro basically flexing the fact that he's got potential depth. Which is dope. But in the same amount of time Yuji grew up twice. Sleepy boy still sleep, meanwhile Megumi content to rock black air force energy as long as no one is looking. Pighead dude runs in circles, Nobara goes from all business to making monsters fold because she's entirely too ready for the scrap. Like..... the difference in character development between JJK S1 and DS S1 is huge.

I don't want people to think I'm hating on DS, I love it. But I love it because of how it doesn't have a lot of fat, it stays consistent and above water the entirety of the run, and its home stretch is stellar. It doesn't have a lot of lows at all. At the same time, JJK has a far more intricate layout, the characters are plainly better (and while I love Tanjiro as a MC, the supporting cast is just barely good enough to make you care about them and not look like jobbers on call), and you're rarely left waiting to see how impactful an event/character/plot thread is - that shyt is loud.

You're right :francis: the fall off has been subtle but its wild nonetheless. At least they're not just leaving out a bunch of stills for entire scenes.... but yeah.
mappa aint doing aot rite that shyt gon age like ya favorite pawg

Deman

All Star
Daps
Studio WIT had no time for AOT because they wanted to give us Ranking of Kings :blessed:
that shyt that good?
I think Mappa’s doing a good job, they give AOT a nice gritty feel, but I just watched a scene from when WIT was doing the animation and damn that shyt looked crispy and clean.

:wow::banderas:
MAPPA has better character/setting design than WIT but WIT's animation is better, especially the ODM scenes

DeepImpressiveBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_movrbw28Yh1rpfx57o1_500.gifv

attack-on-titan-odm-gear.gif

:wow:

that shyt too clean wit was stunting on em. mappa aint even giving nikkas new sawano music replaying oldass shyt

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Episode 7 you still have your brain intact

7 more episodes in you gonna be questioning your ability to predict anything :lupe: i BEEN gave up, these character motivations too thorough

I just finished ep 15

this shyt wiiiillld :mindblown::wtf::mindblown::wtf::mindblown:

:whoa: and I don't mean super art shift blood and guts satan fukking half naked twerking nuns wild, before anybody read this and run to the show with the :gladbron: face and come back with the ":unimpressed: why you lie to me"

morris

Superstar
Daps
Hideaki Anno can do NO wrong in my eyes:wow:

31a65c36c4d58c14290ffa0171614534

Godzilla, the Eva Unit, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman appear in the main visual for the project.

This is really cool.

The common connection for many universes in movies and TV is corporate. So, what joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe is, well, Marvel. Of course, there are exceptions. The latest of which is the newly announced Shin Japan Heroes Universe.

This upcoming collab will bring Godzilla, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and robot anime Evangelion together. This means the project will bring together properties from Toei, Toho, Tsuburaya Productions, and Hideaki Anno’s Studio Khara. A main graphic and a logo have been released, but besides that, details about the project are scant. According to Tsuburaya Productions, more info will be released this year. We’ll have to wait a little longer to see what form exactly this collaboration will take.

It is a fascinating joining of forces, but one that makes sense, even though Toho and Toei were traditionally rivals in the world of Japanese cinema (Toho’s main rival was actually Daiei), with Toho known for Godzilla, Toei famous for Kamen Rider, and Tsuburaya Productions responsible for Ultraman.
f2972f7097a0d970ba3b397b4ff6a86a

Pictured is the logo for the Shin Japan Heroes Universe.

It’s the SJHU.

Hideaki Anno and his Studio Khara have made this possible. Back in 2016, the Evangelion creator wrote and co-directed Shin Godzilla, which was a new take on the legendary kaiju franchise (shin means “new” in Japanese). Anno also wrote Shin Ultraman, which will be out this May in Japan, and is writing and directing the upcoming Shin Kamen Rider. The trailers for both yet-unreleased films share a sensibility with Shin Godzilla, so an official cinematic universe seems inevitable. The addition of Evangelion is a plus from Anno’s involvement—a big one, at that.

[Eds. note: An earlier version of this story stated that Tsuburaya Productions did the special effects for Kamen Rider. We regret the error and the story has been updated.]

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Can't stop watching Demon Slayer brehs. :banderas:

Got all the manga chapters downloaded, so the adventure continues after I finish Season 2. :wow:

And I hear Nezuko-Chan went ham on those demons in this season? :ohhh:

Akaza: :birdman: Boss I killed one of the Hashira.
Muzan::unimpressed: Yeah, and what about the other 3 swordsman that were there?

Akaza: :patrice:

Muzan: :demonic:You disappoint me.

Akaza:
andre-the-giant-funny.gif

Last edited:

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Can't stop watching Demon Slayer brehs. :banderas:

Around got the all the manga chapters downloaded, so the adventure continues after I finish Season 2. :wow:

And I hear Nezuko-Chan went ham on those demons in this season? :ohhh:

Akaza: :birdman: Boss I killed one of the Hashira.
Muzan::unimpressed: Yeah, and what about the other 3 swordsman that were there?

Akaza: :patrice:

Muzan: :demonic:You disappoint me.

Akaza:
andre-the-giant-funny.gif

If Muzan found out he ran like a bytch it'd be a wrap for him

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
If Muzan found out he ran like a bytch it'd be a wrap for him
The sun was coming up.:mindblown:

There's not a demon alive who would have stayed.:camby:

Muzan's bum ass has Akaza and them looking for a damn flower instead of conquering Japan. He's been around 100s of years and doesn't run shyt.

Explain that.:rudy:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
BONES don't give a fukk about the tv show. They know where the money is :myman:

Animators fukking snapped. Better yet their work didn't get muddied with 1000 layers of cgi & stock AE vfx.

gUBG3KH.gif

CRGpkhM.gif

YpvHSHb.gif

CtJpphh.gif

8hNtuLs.gif

Idk why Bones don't give their animators time with the show because they go off in the films

f12442c2b8405b6187651c4dabd77a28119a1994.gifv

my-hero-academia-two-heroes.gif

deku-bakugo.gif

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Idk why Bones don't give their animators time with the show because they go off in the films
Because the movies make them more money :yeshrug:

Why waste their talents on the tv show if they only get a tiny slice of the pie. Give that shyt to the interns.

There might not be a My Hero movie this year, Mob Psycho season 3 gonna be a movie every week :mjlit:

Last edited: