Balla

Superstar
Daps
DS's first season was best viewed in gif format. I mean, look at what happened - besides the typical character introduction type stuff. It was just an animation showcase. They don't even get into significant levels of where there power system goes, you only meet the characters that have significant impact towards the end of the season and they're all a lot of tell instead of show.

In that first season, you have Tanjiro basically flexing the fact that he's got potential depth. Which is dope. But in the same amount of time Yuji grew up twice. Sleepy boy still sleep, meanwhile Megumi content to rock black air force energy as long as no one is looking. Pighead dude runs in circles, Nobara goes from all business to making monsters fold because she's entirely too ready for the scrap. Like..... the difference in character development between JJK S1 and DS S1 is huge.

I don't want people to think I'm hating on DS, I love it. But I love it because of how it doesn't have a lot of fat, it stays consistent and above water the entirety of the run, and its home stretch is stellar. It doesn't have a lot of lows at all. At the same time, JJK has a far more intricate layout, the characters are plainly better (and while I love Tanjiro as a MC, the supporting cast is just barely good enough to make you care about them and not look like jobbers on call), and you're rarely left waiting to see how impactful an event/character/plot thread is - that shyt is loud.

You're right :francis: the fall off has been subtle but its wild nonetheless. At least they're not just leaving out a bunch of stills for entire scenes.... but yeah.
Did you feel the first 2 episodes of JJK were kinda rushed story wise? (I’m currently on 3) Everything felt quick af. It’s like dude is in this new situation without even being able to have a second to think. I was also like how the hell was he able to jump through windows and punch demons without any powers? Lol maybe it was explained and I missed it, or will be explained later. All I remember was that he said he was more athletic than everyone else.

Not really nitpicks, just stuff I noticed.

I will say supporting character wise I do think the dude with the blindfold is a cool character.

DS’s supporting characters I like as well, Zen was annoying af at first, but that lighting fighting while sleeping is cool af, the boar head dude is usually funny too.

Appreciate the detailed explanation.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Did you feel the first 2 episodes of JJK were kinda rushed story wise? (I’m currently on 3) Everything felt quick af. It’s like dude is in this new situation without even being able to have a second to think. I was also like how the hell was he able to jump through windows and punch demons without any powers? Lol maybe it was explained and I missed it, or will be explained later. All I remember was that he said he was more athletic than everyone else.

Not really nitpicks, just stuff I noticed.

I will say supporting character wise I do think the dude with the blindfold is a cool character.

DS’s supporting characters I like as well, Zen was annoying af at first, but that lighting fighting while sleeping is cool af, the boar head dude is usually funny too.

Appreciate the detailed explanation.
I thought it was rushed too until I realized the overall pace of JJK is straight up fast (even in the manga its hard to keep up). Think everyone felt the same way too looking back.

All good though. When you finish JJK S1, it's worth looking back on it all.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Damn, Tanjiro fingers looking like Brian Baldinger's after that epic fight

CAQYHzSUQAAUHrA.jpg

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Imma say it

We need wit mappa aint doing aot rite
I think Mappa’s doing a good job, they give AOT a nice gritty feel, but I just watched a scene from when WIT was doing the animation and damn that shyt looked crispy and clean.

:wow::banderas:

MAPPA has better character/setting design than WIT but WIT's animation is better, especially the ODM scenes

DeepImpressiveBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_movrbw28Yh1rpfx57o1_500.gifv

attack-on-titan-odm-gear.gif

:wow:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
So i finally got to the beginning of the spade kingdom arc
All the characters got a timeskip redesign and got buffed (both figuratively and in Asta's case literally but now he looks roided out :dahell:
)
First mission in the spade kingdom made the blacc bulls seem straight up overpowered now. At this point I was feeling bad for the villains. :pachaha:

I did find it kinda odd how they lost 2 armies and a commander yet the triad breh with the marking over his eye was like :yeshrug:

I knew they would find a way to powercreep Yuno to being far above asta again somehow. I find it odd how he is legit royalty and should be famous yet noone ever recognized him. Did nobody in the clover kingdom pay attention to the spade kingdom at all? Has no one from spade ever gone to clover? They had a whole holiday in spade for him and hes a magic knight vice captain and this never turned any heads.

Also the dark triad dont play at all. They just walked right in the capital and clapped the golden dawn. They didnt even choose a jobber squad they went STRAIGHT for the most prestigious one. They are mostly gone already and have vangence like:merchant:

This has to be the most damage done and its only 3 episodes in :damn: now i see what @twan83 was talking about

If they raise the stakes any higher than this :whoa: