Threnody

Superstar
Daps
That Demon Slayer ep was the most saccharine bullshyt I've seen in years :scust:

#makeanimegreatagain #animaga #duketogo2024

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What makes JJK better than DS to you?
DS's first season was best viewed in gif format. I mean, look at what happened - besides the typical character introduction type stuff. It was just an animation showcase. They don't even get into significant levels of where there power system goes, you only meet the characters that have significant impact towards the end of the season and they're all a lot of tell instead of show.

In that first season, you have Tanjiro basically flexing the fact that he's got potential depth. Which is dope. But in the same amount of time Yuji grew up twice. Sleepy boy still sleep, meanwhile Megumi content to rock black air force energy as long as no one is looking. Pighead dude runs in circles, Nobara goes from all business to making monsters fold because she's entirely too ready for the scrap. Like..... the difference in character development between JJK S1 and DS S1 is huge.

I don't want people to think I'm hating on DS, I love it. But I love it because of how it doesn't have a lot of fat, it stays consistent and above water the entirety of the run, and its home stretch is stellar. It doesn't have a lot of lows at all. At the same time, JJK has a far more intricate layout, the characters are plainly better (and while I love Tanjiro as a MC, the supporting cast is just barely good enough to make you care about them and not look like jobbers on call), and you're rarely left waiting to see how impactful an event/character/plot thread is - that shyt is loud.
Imma say it

We need wit mappa aint doing aot rite
You're right :francis: the fall off has been subtle but its wild nonetheless. At least they're not just leaving out a bunch of stills for entire scenes.... but yeah.