42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Anime is usually by many considered to be a superior media to books because it's far more visual. Of course you'll get handlers of the media that can master it's presentation but is the actual story superior? You're still faced with somebody else's version of a story the original author wrote. Usually the stuff that shines in the story is going to be stuff the original author created. You have animation studios like Bones and Shaft that are masterful at taking stories and transcribing them to anime but at the end of the day people simply hope they can remain faithful to the source.

The author wrote those characters, they created that world. In 90% of cases they understand it best. It's going to be a rare thing that someone else takes what they created and makes it superior.
and i used gundam and black clover as examples for a reason - because i really think most just plug and play regurgitated talking points without hesitation :unimpressed:

black clover's anime run started off bad, but they legit added so much more depth to the characters that its actually being reflected in the later chapters of the manga now. anyone who's followed either would agree

gundam on print is almost always mid

etc. like i said its not black and white or either/or type stuff at all. somethings are worth another look in another media, some aren't. not a profound take. even live action lifts like live die repeat aka edge of tomorrow can be high quality at doing something the source material had no intention of trying to accomplish

those generalizations are mad weak and really just water down a lot of discussions about particular titles...

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Anime is usually by many considered to be a superior media to books because it's far more visual. Of course you'll get handlers of the media that can master it's presentation but is the actual story superior? You're still faced with somebody else's version of a story the original author wrote. Usually the stuff that shines in the story is going to be stuff the original author created. You have animation studios like Bones and Shaft that are masterful at taking stories and transcribing them to anime but at the end of the day people simply hope they can remain faithful to the source.

The author wrote those characters, they created that world. In 90% of cases they understand it best. It's going to be a rare thing that someone else takes what they created and makes it superior.
and i used gundam and black clover as examples for a reason - because i really think most just plug and play regurgitated talking points without hesitation :unimpressed:

black clover's anime run started off bad, but they legit added so much more depth to the characters that its actually being reflected in the later chapters of the manga now. anyone who's followed either would agree

etc. like i said its not black and white or either/or type stuff at all. somethings are worth another look in another media, some aren't. not a profound take. even live action lifts like live die repeat aka edge of tomorrow can be high quality at doing something the source material had no intention of trying to accomplish

those generalizations are mad weak and really just water down a lot of discussions about particular titles...
I've always been told that the original source material, whether it's a book, play, musical, visual novel, comic/manga, etc is always better to read because of @winb83 said, the author knows their characters the best. Now, most adaptations are going to leave things out in order for the story to flow better or to hit certain story beats earlier. @42 Monks is also right that great adaptations can enhance stories and characters by giving them more focus and development. You're both right. :yeshrug:

Side note, I've started to watch Overlord

We bought to be BYKE:wow:

Oh... I've forgotten about this for good reason

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I've always been told that the original source material, whether it's a book, play, musical, visual novel, comic/manga, etc is always better to read because of @winb83 said, the author knows their characters the best. Now, most adaptations are going to leave things out in order for the story to flow better or to hit certain story beats earlier. @42 Monks is also right that great adaptations can enhance stories and characters by giving them more focus and development. You're both right. :yeshrug:

Side note, I've started to watch Overlord

We bought to be BYKE:wow:

Oh... I've forgotten about this for good reason

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Light Novels Get TV Anime

Everyone loved this book series never read it but it’s a wholesome series with great reviews it’s on my read list tho

This series is a straight up pure romance between the two leads. I'm 70% of the way into the first volume and it's that to a fault. The romance is very slow building. The entire novel centers on it. There's no drama or love triangle or any of that. Any other characters present only really exist to further the romance by teasing or pressing the male lead.

I think the book suffers for it in some respects because it doesn’t really have much of a supporting cast. Like Oregairu or Tomozaki have romance but feature other characters who are interesting. Sure they have drama too but they don't have that laser focus on the romance.

This has a focus like Higehiro had on romance.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Thunderbolt and the Stardust Memory jawn are pretty good.

Outside of that :francis:

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Finished binging new Baki.

:wow: :wow: :wow:

:banderas:

fukkery was legit at 100 and kept feeding you even if you didn't want no more :damn:

Guevara was a legit demon

I need to see my boy Jack back tho :ufdup:

PZKga9Z.gif

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
from black clover to gundam that's really not true or a black and white thing :manny:

hell fire force the anime had people actually thinking there was something special about it. production and reshaping certain stuff goes a long ways and like a lot of stuff its hit or miss
Man fire force s2 I didn’t like but I heard it was really good so I’m gonna go manga route for that series

This series is a straight up pure romance between the two leads. I'm 70% of the way into the first volume and it's that to a fault. The romance is very slow building. The entire novel centers on it. There's no drama or love triangle or any of that. Any other characters present only really exist to further the romance by teasing or pressing the male lead.

I think the book suffers for it in some respects because it doesn’t really have much of a supporting cast. Like Oregairu or Tomozaki have romance but feature other characters who are interesting. Sure they have drama too but they don't have that laser focus on the romance.

This has a focus like Higehiro had on romance.

oh ok then Ill get to it later than I don’t mind that premise but that’s a mood thing for me

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
JJK's movie numbers are stoopid :mjlol: can we put the flat top on Deku now

First album was flames start to finish, second had a dope intro and the next 4-5 songs were flames, then it sucks and doesn't get good until the end again.

Third album was absolute fire for the first 11 tracks, then it goes off the deep end and doesn't regain that until track 23/24.

Fourth album had a lot of God level beats, but lyrics were complete garbage. Doesn't come together until the final track.

Fifth album I fell asleep listening to, didn't wake up until the last couple of songs, those were good.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Man fire force s2 I didn’t like but I heard it was really good so I’m gonna go manga route for that series

After watching the anime I thought Fire Force was just decent

after reading the manga its one of the GOATS the 'twist' in that story had me like :dwillhuh: :whoo: :ohlawd:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
You'll regret that decision.
original.gif

eQ6ovlg.gif

Watch Jujutsu Kaisen instead. These dudes really like Jobless Reincarnated (I haven't seen it), so watch that too.

You want casual viewing? Watch Aggretsuko or MHA.

Just don't watch The Promised Neverland s2
eQ6ovlg.gif

You're welcome.
Y'all hyped S1 and it wasn't as good as y'all said. I expected despair and hopelessness :unimpressed:. If S2 is a let down
tumblr_n44zgnQkt91r3ifxzo4_250.gif

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Y'all hyped S1 and it wasn't as good as y'all said. I expected despair and hopelessness :unimpressed:. If S2 is a let down
tumblr_n44zgnQkt91r3ifxzo4_250.gif
It has nothing to do with expectation setting.

Season 2 is bad because they didn't even try to tell the story. Important characters and arcs were entirely omitted. The climax of the series was omitted.They didn't even create stand-ins, missing content was just papered over.