winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah this part of the novel was near skip status for me. :francis:
This part of the novel was made worse by the very end of the first light novel that was skipped in the anime. These two volumes are the worst of the series. Hell volume 7 which has zero action scenes in it was more interesting.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Just finished Robotics,note. Set in the Steins Gate universe. As someone who finds Steins Gate to be pretentious anime fan babble. This series does everything Stein Hate should have done right. It's lowkey a masterpiece.

I'm gonna check that out thanks for the recommendation....Steins Gate might be my least fav anime of all time

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Banished Hero was a nice SoL Romance if you are into the at kind of that. Altho the drama part was really rushed towards the end. I'd give it a 7/10.
I really liked this but unfortunately the anime adapted all 4 light novels available in English so far so the next new material comes in February. I might have to go back an read it because 4 volumes in 12 episodes seems a breakneck pace.
I'm gonna check that out thanks for the recommendation....Steins Gate might be my least fav anime of all time
Steins Gate was great to me but started off almost insufferable. It got better as it went along and was at it's best when it ended. Never watched 0 though.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It is getting a 2nd season. More fukkery whenever that comes out.
The ending was open ended, so I assumed so even though who is calling for a 2nd season?

What an anime choice to get back into anime? The sad thing is there was some cool themes in this that made it seem like it could be great (time travel, re living glory years, factions etc)

But this was AWFUL, and I mean AWFUL. First the MC might be the most insufferable character I've had watch in a very long time. He literally NEVER changed in 24 episodes, did NOTHING to change the past, and literally would just cry on all his knees every dilemma. There is NO character development from him, you would think he would even attempt to work out to get stronger or something, just cries, gets his ass beat, and has NO real plan for ANYTHING. His solution to everything was stand there, cry, and say he is a failure. Any issue was given a weird ass pull to get out of the situation (like a character this time around just didn't die, even though he didn't change anything himself. Him & Naoto came up with the DUMBEST plans on how to change the future.

There are tons of plot holes in this too, they don't explain HOW he can time travel at ALL, the characters don't question it besides his one friend from in the present timeline that randomly just guessed everything that happens and tried to push him for NO REASON. How don't you question time travel :hhh: . The MC did not care AT ALL about the girl for 12 years and randomly saw her on the news and just now is doing all this???? Not to mention how :sitdown: the MC Is when you realize he is 26 doing all this & crushing over ole girl. Hell they didn't even explain how he comes back to present time each time, did he just go over to the girl's house and shake the brothers hand each time?? Also lol at the girl years later still for some reason being in love with him even though they had no communication for 12 years

The street gang/faction portion of the show was hilariously bad too. They all looked 20+ playing 14-15 year olds. There was no sense of Adults at all in this. The acting, dialogue, banter was terrible. It really just seemed like the writers had no clue how to write a show. The EX Topan member heel turn is the DUMBEST thing I"VE EVER seen, I truly am lost for words. We also got a weird flashback episode which leads me to believe the writers are self indulged in thinking these are characters we deeply care about.

Saying all this the fukkery was just too much for me to stop watching, Also NOBODY would question how Present day MC would not remember ANYTHING that was going on, and the character around him would just explain everything again like that is normal "you don't remember 12 years ago on October 31?????:birdman:"

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Arifureta Zero Spinoff Novel Ends, Main Story Reaches Climax

I just read the latest vol 11 with 12 being the last in the summer
Man I wished they adapted this right cuz I love the series too this
S2 looks a lot better but I’m worry about the pacing or what they take out

i need to read the prequel series tho
I recommend this series cuz it knows what it is strong OP mc with no fukks given and actually doesn’t bs with a harem

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Arifureta Zero Spinoff Novel Ends, Main Story Reaches Climax

I just read the latest vol 11 with 12 being the last in the summer
Man I wished they adapted this right cuz I love the series too this
S2 looks a lot better but I’m worry about the pacing or what they take out

i need to read the prequel series tho
I recommend this series cuz it knows what it is strong OP mc with no fukks given and actually doesn’t bs with a harem
The anime was trash but the light novel is good?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The anime was trash but the light novel is good?

ya imo just comes down to what are ur taste on to read
I may love it u make just think it’s meh or like it
I will say this tho if u go the route and try it vol 1 is way different than the rest which threw people off whether it’s good or bad after that is matter of preference
It goes from dark and trying to survive on vol 1 too MC OP and harem starting but lots of action vol 2 and on

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
ya imo just comes down to what are ur taste on to read
I may love it u make just think it’s meh or like it
I will say this tho if u go the route and try it vol 1 is way different than the rest which threw people off whether it’s good or bad after that is matter of preference
It goes from dark and trying to survive on vol 1 too MC OP and harem starting but lots of action vol 2 and on
I'm pretty sure he's into the loli vampire and any other harem girls are just decoration. I'll add it to the list.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'm pretty sure he's into the loli vampire and any other harem girls are just decoration. I'll add it to the list.

without spoiling ur right and ur wrong he aint like them other mc with harem

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The second half of Re:Zero season 2 is my anime of the year. There were some other good shows but that blew me away with the quality. I wasn't an Emilia fan but by the end of that season I'm like who the hell is Rem?

The irony of Re:Zero abandoning its return by death gimmick and becoming a much better show for it.

I binged Re:Zero some months ago and found it above average but not worth the hype or getting very invested in. Some really high highs but the return by death gimmick grew tired rather quickly and the stuff they did in season two didn't grab me that much. Subaru feels like a character the author tries too damn hard. I think the only Isekai I legit find great is Mushoku Tensei (I mean, I went out and binge read the whole fukking thing after the first turning point in the anime :dead:).mI guess the genre is not for me and MT is just the exception to the rule.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I binged Re:Zero some months ago and found it above average but not worth the hype or getting very invested in. Some really high highs but the return by death gimmick grew tired rather quickly and the stuff they did in season two didn't grab me that much. Subaru feels like a character the author tries too damn hard. I think the only Isekai I legit find great is Mushoku Tensei (I mean, I went out and binge read the whole fukking thing after the first turning point in the anime :dead:).mI guess the genre is not for me and MT is just the exception to the rule.
Both are on my too read list but haven't gotten around to them. Subaru is probably the best isekai protagonist I've seen. He's weak as hell and subverts most of the tropes. Most isekai protagonist are either all powerful or are in the upper tier of characters in terms of power right away. Contracting with Beako might be the first real taste of useful power Subaru has gotten.

I know both are top notch series but the fact that they're so long just delays me on them. I'm also reading too much stuff right now.
I'm currently reading all these active series. It's becoming a bit much to handle.
Bottom Tier Character Tomozaki
Classroom of the Elite
My Friend's Little Sister has it in for Me!
Reign of the Seven Spellblades
Tearmoon Empire
The Ryuo's Work is Never Done!
There's No Way A Side Character Like Me Could Be Popular Right?
The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs
Guide to the Perfect Otaku Girlfriend
A Tale of the Secret Saint
Turning the Tables on the Seatmate Killer
The World's Strongest Rearguard: Labyrinth Country's Novice Seeker
The Girl I Saved on the Train Turned Out to Be My Childhood Friend

These are ones I plan on getting to but haven't started yet:
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Ascendance of a Bookworm
Mushoku Tensei
Re:ZERO
Unnamed Memory
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
Berserk of Gluttony
The Eminence in Shadow
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
Spice and Wolf
Sword Art Online
World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated into Another World as an Aristocrat
Banished from the Hero's Party I Decided to live a quiet Life in the Countryside
The Genius Prince Guide to Raising a Nation out of Debt
So I'm A Spider, So What?

I know there's some novels on the to read list that are better than what I'm reading but beyond the first 7 of them which are all good to me those other ones I've only really read 1 or 2 volumes and with some of them that's all that's out.