winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Mushoku Tensei is a masterpiece. Belongs up there with stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as some of the best anime has to offer. Hopefully it gets a full adaptation. 86 belongs up there too.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I wanted to wait to watch it too so I could binge but I just couldn’t do it :wow:

Re Zero just dropped on the 9th, Mushoku Tensei on the 25th then Seishun buta Yarou on the 30th. I’m :eat:

ya I pre order both rezero and Mushoku on my kindle so I saw it already pop up
Trying to finish up sao vol 20 right now the mini arc which is only 19 and 20 just bout his time in underworld after ending in anime then the new arc starts vol 21
I may put rezero on hold briefly so I can read spirit chronicles cuz been wanted to read that series a lot since I loved the anime

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:francis: Hori why did she get introduced if she was just going to feed. She hit dude with a pebble before she fed and bet you Hori is going to make you think it's a big deal until he just steals another quirk and/or Deku final ablity is something beyond busted.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
watched episode 17 of Mushoku Tensei. Our initial impression of Paul Greyrat is that of a neanderthal, and he makes a lot of mistakes, but you can't deny his love for his family and the lengths he's willing to go to protect them. Not a great person. Is flawed. But he is a great father. Studio Bind nailed his reconciliation with Rudeus. Absolutely perfect, just as I remember the WN describing it.

Ruijerd having to restrain Eris was funny. Blank expression as if he's done this 100 times already. She was dead serious about wanting to kill Paul

e9184c1bd8cdcc9374b7f843baaf7f1ca2f16770.gifv

Something the episode did not adapt is the backstory of Shierra and Vierra, the travel companions of Paul. Might be covered in a OVA.
Eris is ride or die. Out of his 3 waifus she's leaped the others to be my favorite. She's dumb as a rock but full of passion and strength.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'll never stop saying it

Jobless Reincarnation: Well thought out and fleshed out characters, ideal fantasy setting, great world building,

Nothing happens

Its entertaining as hell! :ohlawd:

and that's CRAZY! They'll have a whole stretch of episodes with no action at all, and it's never, ever boring.

Like..... what would a mushou tensei filler episode even look like? Would we even know the difference? :why:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'll never stop saying it

Jobless Reincarnation: Well thought out and fleshed out characters, ideal fantasy setting, great world building,

Nothing happens

Its entertaining as hell! :ohlawd:

and that's CRAZY! They'll have a whole stretch of episodes with no action at all, and it's never, ever boring.

Like..... what would a mushou tensei filler episode even look like? Would we even know the difference? :why:
You saying nothing happens but at the episode that just passed you're like 20% of the way through the entire plot of the series. It has to build towards something. The characterization is more important than the action here. With 80% of the series remaining there's a lot of time for fireworks. At the going pace it will seemingly take about 90 episodes to do the whole thing. We just hit episode 18.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
You saying nothing happens but at the episode that just passed you're like 20% of the way through the entire plot of the series. It has to build towards something. The characterization is more important than the action here. With 80% of the series remaining there's a lot of time for fireworks. At the going pace it will seemingly take about 90 episodes to do the whole thing. We just hit episode 18.

I'm perfectly fine and aware of that.

It's just that there's tons of shows that can't get this balance right.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm perfectly fine and aware of that.

It's just that there's tons of shows that can't get this balance right.
Greatness isn't easy to replicate. Especially something that cones from light novel. Many light novels are copy past of other people's ideas. Mushoku Tensei is what the current ones are trying to copy paste from. Mushoku Tensei has flawed relatable characters that elicit a response from the viewer/reader.

There's several light novels going right now that are just heads and shoulders better than much of the rest.
Re:Zero
Mushoku Tensei
Ascendance of a Bookworm

If you aren't either watching or reading these you're missing out on some of the best series this anime / light novel medium has to offer. The thing about those 4 is that not only are the light novels critically acclaimed but the anime adaptations have competent staff that make that adaptations work.

There's a few I haven't gotten into that seem like they could also join that list like Overlord and Faraway Paladin.

Then there's the next tier that's entertaining but I'm not holding it up as best of class like Bakarina, Slime and Sword Art Online.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Mushoku Tensei is a masterpiece. Belongs up there with stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as some of the best anime has to offer. Hopefully it gets a full adaptation. 86 belongs up there too.

As much as I love both shows (both are by far my top 2 of the year). I need more then 1 season to call either of their anime adaptations a masterpiece. Altho Mushoku will more likely then not have at minimum 3 seasons of support (would be shocked if not). 86 unfortunately I have doubts we will even get a 2nd season.

With that being said there is no questioning either of their original source material.