winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I was about to ask you about this ish. I vaguely remembered you saying something about how the source material turned real attack on politics-like next; but apparently they gon skip/skim through that ish and get lit huh?
The 86 have a period where they live in peace and come back to deciding to fight. In the light novel that wasn't at the beginning of Vol 2 it instead opened with Shin fighting then jumped back to that. The anime is opening with that. They also took like a page about Lena and turned it into almost half an episode.

This arc focuses on the 86. Lena is more like a cameo appearance at best. If the anime is gonna have her around they're gonna have to make stuff up. Lena doesn't become a main character again until Vol 4 which they aren't gonna make it to in 12 epsiodes.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
so many highlights from Baki. There's really just nothing like it. Reminded me of how much I enjoy this series b/c of how unpredictable it is.

favorite parts were

the Maria reveal, Baki playing skip rocks with a human body, imaginary praying mantis, George Bush getting held hostage and later drop kicked out of a window, Olivia//Baki exchanges in the last few eps.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I see they made the very wise decision to skip over the epilogue of 86's Vol 1. It would have completely ruined this season. Also the anime is adapting stuff in chronological order rather than the events as they happened when they happened in the light novel.

I was about to ask you about this ish. I vaguely remembered you saying something about how the source material turned real attack on politics-like next; but apparently they gon skip/skim through that ish and get lit huh?

The 86 have a period where they live in peace and come back to deciding to fight. In the light novel that wasn't at the beginning of Vol 2 it instead opened with Shin fighting then jumped back to that. The anime is opening with that. They also took like a page about Lena and turned it into almost half an episode.

This arc focuses on the 86. Lena is more like a cameo appearance at best. If the anime is gonna have her around they're gonna have to make stuff up. Lena doesn't become a main character again until Vol 4 which they aren't gonna make it to in 12 epsiodes.

haven’t watched yet but good they skipped the epilogue cuz that shyt kills this season
But the interlude to vol 2 but nice fukkery spot to leave off too

where it implies Lena dies

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Mushoku Tensei is back :blessed: Quickest 23 minutes of my life, I need episode 2
chapelle-dave.gif

anime of the season :wow:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Kurama scene hurt like a bytch :to: way worse in the anime than the manga :mjcry:
It's like having an pet that been with you since an child, been with you during your highs and lows. Naruto's pain is an pain we all can relate to.

giphy.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I thought the 86 premiere was meh, gonna wait some weeks to binge watch.

I wanna do the same with Mushoku because I've read 90% of the source material but I know I wont be able to resist :snoop:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Finished up My Hero Season 5 finally.

I love how they spent more than half the season on the fukking Joint Training, then the entire Liberation arc which had the biggest implications on the world behind Kamino Incident gets 4 episodes :mjlol:

I dont give a fukk about these extras. Dudes haven't paid any real attention to those outside the actual cast, so why should I now? :camby:

Villain episodes were the best of the season by far.

Tomura gonna have to put the anime on his back :snoop: