twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Demon Slayer has great action/animation but plot wise DS builds up over and over again and never really pays off its a fun ride but IMO thats all it is

When a certain part of the manga makes it to the anime...even the parts you thought were mid in fire force will be great.....show has a crazy twist that connects everything in such an ill way

can't spoil it but its up there with Death Note and Code Geass :banderas:

i don’t agree with the demon slayer part but I get it but I’m even more intrigued by fire force manga now when u drop code geass and death note names :lupe:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
i don’t agree with the demon slayer part but I get it but I’m even more intrigued by fire force manga now when u drop code geass and death note names :lupe:

I'm kinda shocked people care about Demon Slayer other than the action/animation....its the most generic anime plot ever the whole last few eps of season 1 I was bored of it already

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
86 started back up today with a dope first episode.

Also, Shin's VA narrating the next episode's title is a nice change.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I'm kinda shocked people care about Demon Slayer other than the action/animation....its the most generic anime plot ever the whole last few eps of season 1 I was bored of it already

Generic =/= Bad though, most popular anime have a generic plot if we're being honest. Isekai, romance, action Shōnen, etc... have the same generic plot with the same tropes for the most part but differ in quality because there's more to a story than the plot

The main appeal is definitely the animation and action but there's still a lot to like about Demon Slayer

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I see they made the very wise decision to skip over the epilogue of 86's Vol 1. It would have completely ruined this season. Also the anime is adapting stuff in chronological order rather than the events as they happened when they happened in the light novel.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Generic =/= Bad though, most popular anime have a generic plot if we're being honest. Isekai, romance, action Shōnen, etc... have the same generic plot with the same tropes for the most part but differ in quality because there's more to a story than the plot

The main appeal is definitely the animation and action but there's still a lot to like about Demon Slayer

Yea, one of the first things I said about Demon Slayer after the first half dozen eps was that while it doesn’t do anything innovative story wise... cotdamn are the characters charismatic. The MC is great and his sis + the two knuckleheads all play well off each other.

Fire Force... the MC is ok, the Arthur/knight kid is whatever, but then they sometimes fall into that MHA trouble where they spend too much time on some fairly boring characters only to pump fake the stakes for them at the end anyway.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I see they made the very wise decision to skip over the epilogue of 86's Vol 1. It would have completely ruined this season. Also the anime is adapting stuff in chronological order rather than the events as they happened when they happened in the light novel.
I was about to ask you about this ish. I vaguely remembered you saying something about how the source material turned real attack on politics-like next; but apparently they gon skip/skim through that ish and get lit huh?

Threnody

Superstar
Daps

That sums up why I hate most popular anime bleach, one piece, black clover, mha, ds fits right in with that camp