luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is there any shounen/battle anime/manga that has power scaling that makes sense? I've been watching One piece (and enjoying it, don't get me wrong :whoa:) and just finished Enies Lobby it and feels random as fukk to me how the strawhats went from getting bodied in the mansion by CP9 to where the battles ended up. I mean, am I missing something from the manga because it doesn't really show them training in the anime. And they immediately left Water 7 to go after Robin too. Any other One Piece brehs else thought that was kinda off?

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
So is there any shounen/battle anime/manga that has power scaling that makes sense? I've been watching One piece (and enjoying it, don't get me wrong :whoa:) and just finished Enies Lobby it and feels random as fukk to me how the strawhats went from getting bodied in the mansion by CP9 to where the battles ended up. I mean, am I missing something from the manga because it doesn't really show them training in the anime. And they immediately left Water 7 to go after Robin too. Any other One Piece brehs else thought that was kinda off?
I think Zoro is the only one who trains on screen before the time skip
Luffy is one of those people who get better after an encounter/battle, he's like gintama

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Yeah, outside of the timeskip, Zoro is usually the only one explicitly shown training. The other Straw Hats power up in different ways.

For example, "training" for Luffy is usually just sitting around thinking up new attacks. He came up with the ideas for Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd offscreen at some point after they look that L to Aokiji. Nami and Usopp would usually "train" by creating new weapons or thinking of new ways to use them. Franky would "train" by upgrading his robotic parts.

One Piece isn't really like DBZ in the sense that they won't go somewhere and train after every arc. Mostly they just get stronger via experience and sheer creativity, and sometimes weapons upgrades.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The new Akame just had me feeling some type of way :mjcry:

It was great in the manga, but it was so much better seeing it animated :banderas:

That preview though :why:

From what I just saw in the new ep, it looks like they're changing up what happens, and by A LOT.. The fight between Mine and Seryu wasn't changed, but the events that are taking place WHILE their death match is going on :wtf:

Borick was already assassinated and the preview of the ep was "Kill the Carnage", which is chapter 52+ of the manga... We all know what happens there :mjcry:

Guess there's not gonna be a season 2 brehs :mjcry:

shyt JUST HIT THE FAN TOO QUICK :why::why::why::why::why::why::why::why::mjcry::mjcry:

Edit: I just read somewhere that it's been confirmed that they're doing an original anime ending for it :mjcry:
Are they skipping a lot of stuff in the next episode?

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
The new Akame just had me feeling some type of way :mjcry:

It was great in the manga, but it was so much better seeing it animated :banderas:

That preview though :why:

From what I just saw in the new ep, it looks like they're changing up what happens, and by A LOT.. The fight between Mine and Seryu wasn't changed, but the events that are taking place WHILE their death match is going on :wtf:

Borick was already assassinated and the preview of the ep was "Kill the Carnage", which is chapter 52+ of the manga... We all know what happens there :mjcry:

Guess there's not gonna be a season 2 brehs :mjcry:

shyt JUST HIT THE FAN TOO QUICK :why::why::why::why::why::why::why::why::mjcry::mjcry:

Edit: I just read somewhere that it's been confirmed that they're doing an original anime ending for it :mjcry:

Sounds like it's time to read the manga. Where should I start, chapter wise?

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Akame ga kill tripping:herewego:

what type of bs when i just about to praise them on following the manga :pacspit:
Now they skipping around:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Grind -N- Bone

ᒪᕮGᕮᑎᗪᗩᖇY ᔕᑌᑭᕮᖇ TᕼᑌG
Daps
Reppin
Tᕼᗩ ᔕKᖇᕮᕮTᔕ
Just finished Akame Ga Kill and a nikka closing out the media player feeling satisfied :yes:

It's been a long time coming for that bytch Seryu and the pup but justice was served this week. Vengeance was swift and nasty ...:banderas:

SoggyBlankBurro.gif

I :laff:@ the bytch tearing up during her final moments, she gets no sympathy from me and she won't be missed

Last edited:

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, outside of the timeskip, Zoro is usually the only one explicitly shown training. The other Straw Hats power up in different ways.

For example, "training" for Luffy is usually just sitting around thinking up new attacks. He came up with the ideas for Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd offscreen at some point after they look that L to Aokiji. Nami and Usopp would usually "train" by creating new weapons or thinking of new ways to use them. Franky would "train" by upgrading his robotic parts.

One Piece isn't really like DBZ in the sense that they won't go somewhere and train after every arc. Mostly they just get stronger via experience and sheer creativity, and sometimes weapons upgrades.

Yeah, I noticed that. It was a really good arc. I'm gonna take a break there though to watch some of the newer series I've put on hold like Sao. Also, I see why Akame Ga Kill is popular. Just watched the first episode and that shyt is piff. :banderas:

Uri

Propane and propane accessories.
Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
Akame ga kill tripping:herewego:

what type of bs when i just about to praise them on following the manga :pacspit:
Now they skipping around:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

The Borick assassination was one of the best fights in the manga, and they showed nothing for it :flabbynsick:

That would have been the best place to end the anime, but I guess they aren't gunning for a 2nd season :beli:

I would have waited 2 years for a season 2, if that meant that the manga was completed :manny:

:mjcry: