LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Also for me, I am willing to stick and give shows a shot if I just commit to watching them weekly. Since that ain't much of a commitment. Like if the season was mid or weak I just drop them after the season is over or before that if it is that weak.

But for stuff that I would binge I would need some reinsurance on them.

Facts

plus some shows work better as a weekly watch.

I couldn't imagine binging Slime when you'll be having 5 weak episodes in a row. I'd lose my mind at that point. :mjlol:

whereas something like Tokyo Revengers would prolly have you binge watching that shyt with no breaks since its so immersive and progressive.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Facts

I couldn't imagine binging Slime when you'll be having 5 weak episodes in a row. I'd lose my mind at that point. :mjlol:

whereas something like Tokyo Revengers would prolly have you binge watching that shyt with no breaks since its so immersive and progressive.

Haven't jumped on slime season 2 but season 1 was fukking larry holmes status when I binged it. :flabbynsick:

All those "I ran into a problem but we solved it in 10 minutes yay!" ass episodes. :camby:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Haven't jumped on slime season 2 but season 1 was fukking larry holmes status when I binged it. :flabbynsick:

All those "I ran into a problem but we solved it in 10 minutes yay!" ass episodes. :camby:

facts

but now its "I ran into a problem so lets talk about it in a meeting" ass episodes :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Facts

Legit the only reason I haven't dropped MHA is that I am caught up with it. And watching one episode per week is tolerable. I can't even imagine someone binging season 5. :scust:

While the thing is with Tokyo Revengers as an example why wait if you can watch it now. One aspect I liked with watching 86, Vivy & Tokyo Revengers weekly was thinking about what was going to happen next. I feel like I get more invested in these shows that way. Binging I just move on to the next episode lol.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
facts

but now its "I ran into a problem so lets talk about it in a meeting" ass episodes :mjlol:

Yuck. I'm pretty much staying away from it because I was so disappointed in season 1, but if I catch up to everything I was watching then I might crank it up if I'm still in anime mode.

Now that I think about it Shaman King right around the corner, if they put all the eps out at once there's no way I'm picking Slime back up.

Legit the only reason I haven't dropped MHA is that I am caught up with it. And watching one episode per week is tolerable. I can't even imagine someone binging season 5. :scust:

While the thing is with Tokyo Revengers as an example why wait if you can watch it now. One aspect I liked with watching 86, Vivy & Tokyo Revengers weekly was thinking about what was going to happen next. I feel like I get more invested in these shows that way. Binging I just move on to the next episode lol.

Yeah shows with a mystery aspect are better weekly. That's why I liked Wandavision. Watching it all in one go I probably would've thought that shyt was trash.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
To be fair, Japan's gangs are way different from ours. They aren't what we think is gangsters. Atleast from what I know.

It's crazy that Tokyo Ghoul got the hype that it did. I was crazy disappointed after the first episode and people told me to stick in there and it just got worse. :scust:

I realized a lot of these new anime watchers don't understand what quality really is.
man :mjlol: the first season is actually the only thing that's even halfway decent in both the manga and anime

people lost their shyt in s2, me included, because they started drawing shyt with crayons and hit the rap it up button - but trust that shyt was allllll the way off the rails. they went right down the path of biting claymore, berserk, and asspulls of all types

dude made kubo look like shakespeare :dead:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

I actually been enjoying this recent season of MHA, but then again I don't expect much from them nikkas so if the action is decent I'm good. Still wouldn't put it over Black Clover and its def not seeing shyt like Fire Force. MHA works better weekly though for sure.

but yeah the anticipation of episodes is another factor on some weekly shyt, like you really look forward to that shyt.

you binge something epic and you feel all empty inside afterwards because its kinda over too soon.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I actually been enjoying this recent season of MHA, but then again I don't expect much from them nikkas so if the action is decent I'm good. Still wouldn't put it over Black Clover and its def not seeing shyt like Fire Force. MHA works better weekly though for sure.

For the most part, I've been digging the 2nd half of MHA this season it has been solid. I was more so referring to the first half of the season that I can't give it a pass. The pacing was beyond atrocious in that school training arc (I have no idea what it is referred to as) and serves no purpose outside of Bakugou, Shouto, and Deku.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
For the most part, I've been digging the 2nd half of MHA this season it has been solid. I was more so referring to the first half of the season that I can't give it a pass. The pacing was beyond atrocious in that school training arc (I have no idea what it is referred to as) and serves no purpose outside of Bakugou, Shouto, and Deku.

I feel you. I still enjoyed that part because it did have some dope battles thrown in there even tho they were stretching that shyt out. I'd take that over Slime and its lets talk 5 eps straight about an upcoming battle bullshyt.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel you. I still enjoyed that part because it did have some dope battles thrown in there even tho they were stretching that shyt out. I'd take that over Slime and its lets talk 5 eps straight about an upcoming battle bullshyt.
Y’all watch Slime wanting it to be something it’s not nor does it seem ever will be. World building is more important to Slime than the battles ever will be. The whole show is the Slime building a kingdom for monsters and trying to influence humans to accept them. Sometimes there’s battles but let’s be honest the political aspects of the show are core to it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Y’all watch Slime wanting it to be something it’s not nor does it seem ever will be. World building is more important to Slime than the battles ever will be. The whole show is the Slime building a kingdom for monsters and trying to influence humans to accept them. Sometimes there’s battles but let’s be honest the political aspects of the show are core to it.
but the world building sucks and they just casually add one kingdom/area one after another then make up the relationships and dynamics after the fact

like they've yet to even adequately address the fact that one minute a rampaging orc honcho was about to eat the known continent while every other demon lord and major kingdom was just :manny: about it. even if it was strictly veldora's land aka veldora's problem, a lot of the stuff they've encountered isn't contained to just that corner of the world.

everything about that situation and the flying monster and the church (of what exactly :unimpressed:) and the trade organization (who is protected by who :unimpressed:) is plainly loose and make it up as you go world building

slime is endearing. sometimes that's enough for a show - but the fact they've been spinning wheels like this means that endearment is gonna get tested.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Just started Darwin's Game on Netflix shyt is crazy....:mindblown:

it gets crazier.

Some mature gangster type-ish

honestly I'm surprised there's no anime market for that kind of stuff.

Some folks (like me) been clamoring for animated shows like Out, Worst or even Holyland or Weak Hero.

I think the closest we've gotten to flat out gangster type shyt as of late are Banana Fish, the backstory time skip in Bungkou Stray Dogs (they still had powers), and 91 Days.