Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I stopped watching One Piece because of the insanely slow pacing. Now I see highlight videos of the current arc and it makes me want to watch it again to see how Luffy and his crew got stronger. But I know when i watch it it's gonna drive me nuts on how slow this show is :snoop:

The pacing is so slow it’s crazy, I could never be an anime only for OP. And they’ll show the end of the last episode in the beginning of the new episode so if you’re binge watching you’ll end up seeing the same thing twice.

OP really needs a remake but it’s so damn long it’ll probably never happen. I watched most of Dressrosa and the Katakuri fight but besides that I haven’t seen anything post-Marineford

The current arc has some real nice animation too, it’s a shame the pacing is so slow or i’d watch it

I’m a manga reader so I’m straight but it’d be nice to see it animated. One Piece feels like they adapt 1/2-1 chapter each episodes which is terrible for a 18-20 page manga

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
The pacing is so slow it’s crazy, I could never be an anime only for OP. And they’ll show the end of the last episode in the beginning of the new episode so if you’re binge watching you’ll end up seeing the same thing twice.

OP really needs a remake but it’s so damn long it’ll probably never happen. I watched most of Dressrosa and the Katakuri fight but besides that I haven’t seen anything post-Marineford

The current arc has some real nice animation too, it’s a shame the pacing is so slow or i’d watch it

I’m a manga reader so I’m straight but it’d be nice to see it animated. One Piece feels like they adapt 1/2-1 chapter each episodes which is terrible for a 18-20 page manga

Bruh I finally tapped out after watching Big Mom chase around Luffy's crew yelling 'Wedding Cake' for what seemed like 4 straight months :snoop:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I don't know how yall watch that show weekly. I usually binge several episodes at a time. I'm still pre-demon lord right now.

cuz its what we do

Its not like im gonna read it every week :mjlol:

There's shyt that I watch weekly that keeps me entertained so I don't give other shows a pass. :manny:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I feel like pacing is a lost art. You gain more appreciation for the accomplishments of the characters if the show builds properly and spends time using exposition and world building. But a lot of people don't care for slow shows due to our microwave culture, so a lot of shows now just do shyt with no explanation, but I feel the quality has dipped because of that. That's how you end up with shyt like God of High School.

The reason I see DBZ as the GOAT, think OG Naruto is better than Boruto/Shippuden, etc is because of just that, you spend a lot of time with with the characters, they build the world properly, and they do fantastic payoffs. It's not something you can just do in a 10-12 episode season.

People don't care about pacing as they used to. :francis: Like you either have no depth but blitz fast or drip feeding w/ nothing to keep people around for a lot of shonens.

Bruh I finally tapped out after watching Big Mom chase around Luffy's crew yelling 'Wedding Cake' for what seemed like 4 straight months :snoop:

The pacing kind uhhh, some girl on twitter ironically complained that people who complained one piece were always talking about pacing, saying that shyt ain't legitimate and folks dikkriding. I'm like have you seen this show. :hhh:

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Repped. :mjlol:

Across literally air, land, and sea. shyt. that broad was underground for a while stalking the cake. :deadmanny:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Count me in minority but I just bought the last vol of promised neverland and I had no issue with the ending different than the anime version and better but I actually like how it ended :manny:

Also now I have all of demon slayer series manga the final vol came out today :banderas:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
cuz its what we do

Its not like im gonna read it every week :mjlol:

There's shyt that I watch weekly that keeps me entertained so I don't give other shows a pass. :manny:
Just seems like not enough happens week to week to watch it like that. Some shows I watch week to week and some I let about 4-5 episodes build up and watch them in chunck. Others I just wait till the season is over. Slime is between the last of those two.

More than likely when I catch up the next time I'll just graduate to the novels.