winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This chick unlocked Saki's cellphone while she was sleep to figure out how to beat her. Saki is calling everyone a pervert but her search history tells the real story.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Nah, Oda has the mirror reflection of this problem. His focus on 3 members of main cast, some of the some of the side cast.

Sorichi's Gintama is probably one of the few franchise out of that comic that gets both sides.

Oda does it to an extent but he focuses on way more characters because his series deals with pirate crews, One Piece always showcases the main crews often rather than a couple of individuals and whatever new side characters get introduced. Luffy also get's his ass beat somewhat often so he's not unbeatable, if he wins it's because he always comes back for more or gets help

Gintama is a great example but Gintama is like half serious half gag so it's different from the average shonen

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
:mjcry: All he has to do is cry. They are basically the Rocky 4 of "You Can Change! Everybody Can Change!" spiel.

I guess Mineta is Bisexual? :mjlol: That doesn't make a good excuse for his predatory behavior.

I was really hoping that was a typo or some ish.

Mineta trying to put his sticky balls on Deku :dame:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
A lot of old shonen would be so much better if they were made today and didn’t have filler and pacing issues from being yearly.

Shippuden somewhat dropped the ball though, There’s so many great characters that didn’t get proper shine that should’ve.

OG Naruto focused on the young ninja in such a great way then Shippuden came around and they made them take a backseat to make it mostly about Naruto and Sasuke

There’s still a bunch of amazing moments that wasn’t Naruto and Sasuke based but I feel like they could’ve showcased a lot of the other ninja, those characters were too good to do them like that

They especially did Team Guy dirty. Neji was a prodigy and Lee was that dude and they had 0 shine in Part 2 of Naruto

They did do a lot of characters justice though. Team Asuma, Jiraiya, Killer Bee, Kisame, etc..

Had team Guy fighting clones of themselves for a whole damn arc. And then to kill of the Hyuga genius the way Kishi did :martin:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Pain Arc is definitely GOAT status. Shiakamaru avenging Asuma is easily 1 of my favorite Naruto moments:wow: the same kid that called everything a drag was able to defeat an immortal ninja who was way stronger than him and eventually becomes the Hokages aide:wow:

83203a679fefc101d73bed6d5f62eaa4.gif
Amazing moment :wow:
And the episode before they head out where Shikamaru handles his emotions is one of the best. The animation, muted colors, as Shikamaru bears the burden of telling people the news before being confronted by his father about his own emotions :wow:

Lets it all out, and then turns up, gets committed to figuring out how to get his revenge with the shogi pieces, gets his gang, and rolls out for them muffukkas heads :wow: :wow: :wow:

Shikamaru Shippuden is a fantastic arc, maybe one of my top 3 characters

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Had team Guy fighting clones of themselves for a whole damn arc. And then to kill of the Hyuga genius the way Kishi did :martin:
Yup, there could've been some really easy ways to fix up Shippuden. Team Guy is included in the arc at least, but idk I feel like it'd be a Guy thing for him to make them fight Kisame instead of him to get stronger :pachaha: but giving Neji and Lee that fight would've been better for the sake of the characters. They should've been in Konoha for Pain's invasion as well. Maybe Neji + a5ish gate Lee fukk up a Pain(that ultimately gets revived anyway) like Konohamaru. Give their area a better fight in the war, and that alone would make them feel more fulfilled in Shippuden

Also I know Sai is important for introducing the Foundation and Danzo, but Danzo gets introduced and his presence is felt regardless. Yamato was one of Danzo's guys at one point iirc, so he could've filled that role. I'd have used a pre-existing character to fill in for Sasuke instead of Sai, they only need him to go in the Tenchi Bridge Mission. Could've made it Neji or Kiba for tracking purposes to get them more involved.

Take Kiba, and then you'd have had Team Guy better represented from what I said above, Team Kurenai decently represented with Hinata having her moments and Kiba getting more shine, and Team Asuma got their justice. Feel like that would've really made everything a lot better and I wouldn't have too many complaints then

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
I shouldn't have read the Fire Force manga :merchant:the way he connected 'everything' :wow:now I know its the GOAT there is no turning back Okubo is a genius :blessed:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Halfway through the 2nd season of Dr. Stone, trying to clear my backlog.

This show is a perfect example of the fact that you don't NEED to introduce conflict into a show with a good premise to keep it entertaining. While I like this Stone Wars plot, this show would have been perfectly fine if they were just inventing stuff, making it educational, and reviving the world step by step.

By having this Stone Wars plotline and having Tsukasa to introduce conflict, it actually drags it down a little. It's not really a fresh take on a military conflict at all, by anime standards.

I'm like 4 eps from finishing it so maybe it'll go out strong.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
A lot of old shonen would be so much better if they were made today and didn’t have filler and pacing issues from being yearly.

I stopped watching One Piece because of the insanely slow pacing. Now I see highlight videos of the current arc and it makes me want to watch it again to see how Luffy and his crew got stronger. But I know when i watch it it's gonna drive me nuts on how slow this show is :snoop:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I stopped watching One Piece because of the insanely slow pacing. Now I see highlight videos of the current arc and it makes me want to watch it again to see how Luffy and his crew got stronger. But I know when i watch it it's gonna drive me nuts on how slow this show is :snoop:

I feel like pacing is a lost art. You gain more appreciation for the accomplishments of the characters if the show builds properly and spends time using exposition and world building. But a lot of people don't care for slow shows due to our microwave culture, so a lot of shows now just do shyt with no explanation, but I feel the quality has dipped because of that. That's how you end up with shyt like God of High School.

The reason I see DBZ as the GOAT, think OG Naruto is better than Boruto/Shippuden, etc is because of just that, you spend a lot of time with with the characters, they build the world properly, and they do fantastic payoffs. It's not something you can just do in a 10-12 episode season.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Ep.16 of Tokyo Revengers

Baji’s whole gripe with Mikey is due to his and friend’s fukk up. It wasn’t even a small fukk up, but a whole ass if I see you it’s on sight fukk up. The audacity of these dudes :mindblown:
Mikey has every right to try to end them dudes on sight. He’s a better man than me for letting that nikka survive

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
One Piece is a manga. That poor excuse of an anime isn't worth counting.