obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You know I have a feeling it doesn't matter what takemitchy does he ain't never gonna save Hina. He can turn Toman into a group of nuns and somehow Hina will still die when its all said and done.
I'm hoping this is what happens. Yeah, a bummer, but if it can push the ideal of no second chances and appreciating every second you're given, it could be a great ending

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Watched quite a few and some of them are good, but I really liked the grounded approach Vinland was able to straddle. A lot of anime still falls into the typical shonen trappings

Yeah that's because Vinland Saga is a Seinen which are geared towards young adults (18-45) rather than young boys (middle to high school) like Shōnen so it doesn't get caught up in the Shōnen nonsense and tropes

There's not many great action seinen anime tbh and Vinland is 1 of the GOATs of it's genre

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Yeah that's because Vinland Saga is a Seinen which are geared towards young adults (18-45) rather than young boys (middle to high school) like Shōnen so it doesn't get caught up in the Shōnen nonsense and tropes

There's not many great action seinen anime tbh and Vinland is 1 of the GOATs of it's genre
Great analysis.:ehh:

You clearly have better taste in Anime than you do football. :mjlol:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Great analysis.:ehh:

You clearly have better taste in Anime than you do football. :mjlol:

5DEB1AF2-2F6C-4F41-9289-8E3277008FB3.jpeg
:ahh:

Who’s your team? :stopitslime: If it’s anyone in the NFC East ima neg you :ufdup:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Vinland, I still never finished. It's not really something I'd like to watch as an anime, maybe when the manga finishes, I'll look at it.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Idaten is nice. Didn't expect it to be so from profiling the promotional images, but I did read all of @LauderdaleBoss posts on it and he was right. The animation staff has talent who worked on Mob Psycho, FMAB & Symphogear. Studio is MAPPA. Animation is good. Music is too. Like the character Rin. Reminds me of Genkai and how she'd beat lessons into a stubborn Yusuke who figured to carry on her legacy someday.

0c908caa833dd7aa1842d7159102c294a63dbf52.gifv

on the nun scene - its using the dramatic irony of being violated in a sanctuary by atheists, while fully believing she would be saved by a higher power that cared for her existence, to establish the realities of the world that the story takes place in. There are no altruistic heroes. The gods don't care to save humans from other humans, no matter how vile they may be. They're selfish and unempathetic entities who will only act if humanity is on the brink of destruction, yet have the complete trust of humans that look to them for guidance during moments of individual crisis.

So its an entirely purposeful scene in context of the story and the themes its trying to comment on. It's also offensive to lots of personal sensibilities and I'd be surprised if this ever got licensed in the West. Even though its mostly just good fight scenes and has a nice art style, one or two things is gonna make it controversial and ensure that certain people never touch it. Obviously not one of them.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Idaten is nice. Didn't expect it to be so from profiling the promotional images, but I did read all of @LauderdaleBoss posts on it and he was right. The animation staff has talent who worked on Mob Psycho, FMAB & Symphogear. Studio is MAPPA. Animation is good. Music is too. Like the character Rin. Reminds me of Genkai and how she'd beat lessons into a stubborn Yusuke who figured to carry on her legacy someday.

0c908caa833dd7aa1842d7159102c294a63dbf52.gifv

on the nun scene - its using the dramatic irony of being violated in a sanctuary by atheists, while fully believing she would be saved by a higher power that cared for her existence, to establish the realities of the world that the story takes place in. There are no altruistic heroes. The gods don't care to save humans from other humans, no matter how vile they may be. They're selfish and unempathetic entities who will only act if humanity is on the brink of destruction, yet have the complete trust of humans that look to them for guidance during moments of individual crisis.

So its an entirely purposeful scene in context of the story and the themes its trying to comment on. It's also offensive to lots of personal sensibilities and I'd be surprised if this ever got licensed in the West. Even though its mostly just good fight scenes and has a nice art style, one or two things is gonna make it controversial and ensure that certain people never touch it. Obviously not one of them.

Whole post is spot on. :salute:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Tonari essentially got used by Hayase. Since she knew the one way to stop Fushi. But man that flashback with March is bad enough, but seeing Parona's death really hurt. Talk about making a villain even more dislikeable. Altho I don't understand does she think she can control Fushi? Curious to see what her aim is in all of this.

But that flashback didn't do too much for Tonari for me. Like I understand she had a rough life with her father being falsely accused of killing her mother. And then being by herself after he got poisoned. Like it was sad, but I was expecting it to be more tragic.

Hopefully, the gang can save Fushi.

:mjcry: