Consumed

Superstar
Daps
You been a good boy for a few weeks now and I had no need to have one it my #GSet brehs spank you.

dcd041574151ac069296d7e3ded32bf60e27538f.gifv

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nothing is going to convince me to read something when I can watch it instead. That's just the way it is bro. :manny:
Except that's the reason most anime gets made.
Who cares about saving time when you're enjoying yourself. :what:

Watching anime is pure enjoyment for me. Smoking a blunt and sipping on some liquor while some nikka is tossing fireballs across the screen is :ohlawd:

It seems like you treating it like its a job.
I wasn't the one talking about I didn't have time. I have no problem reading the source material and watching quality anime. Bleach and Naruto weren't quality anime.

I think a lot of people think that reading source material will ruin their enjoyment of the anime. If anything I'd say it enhances it. It's like the second time you watch a film you really like. That second viewing is enhanced by the first not ruined by it. That's only for the great adaptations though. Some people's only experience of a work is a mediocre adaptation though. That was the case with stuff like Naruto and Bleach.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Except that's the reason most anime gets made.

I wasn't the one talking about I didn't have time. I have no problem reading the source material and watching quality anime. Bleach and Naruto weren't quality anime.

I think a lot of people think that reading source material will ruin their enjoyment of the anime. If anything I'd say it enhances it. It's like the second time you watch a film you really like. That second viewing is enhanced by the first not ruined by it. That's only for the great adaptations though. Some people's only experience of a work is a mediocre adaptation though. That was the case with stuff like Naruto and Bleach.

You're starting to sound like those people who have kids that always asks all their childless friends why they don't have any kids :mjlol:

I don't give a fukk why anime is made. I enjoy the finished product. I don't read screenplays so I can enjoy watching the movie better. :what:

You said it saves time and I said I don't care about time if I'm enjoying what I do.

I know this is the coli and nikkas love to argue everything, but please just let this shyt go already. I rather talk about ANIME in the ANIME thread. If you like manga thats cool, but don't quote me on this shyt anymore. Thank you. :salute:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I was mad when I seen the movie because that's at least 6 episodes they could have made out of that campaign :stopitslime:. That's why I don't like movies. Trying to do too much in too little time.

Finished binging the series, fantastic shyt and I see what you mean they could have also spent some time to flesh out the rest of the squad more. I was kinda :manny:
when Anson and his crew were blasting Tanya's men out the skies.

Find out there's also an OVA. Gonna see if I can find it.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I’m watching Attack On Titan which is fire, one of the best anime’s I’ve seen, and Demon Slayer, the animation looks really good.

I’m watching My Hero Academia as well, good show.

I’m thinking of watching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood because of all this hype about it.

Is it really that good? And should I watch the 2003 show first?

2003 show follows source material bout up to 20 episodes in then diverts from it since it got ahead of it so the rest of it is pure filler more so anime filler canon too me goes more into detail into characters who show up in or get mentioned in brotherhood and 2003 is way darker
It’s slightly below brotherhood in how good it is imo from what I recall
I think u should watch it tho

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Apparently because they spend 20+ minutes watching an anime episode and would rather save time not reading 3-4 minute manga chapters. If it's getting the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood or Attack on Titian full treatment I'm down but I'm not really interested in getting a 12 episode prologue of a story and not getting the full story. For me anime is quickly becoming a way for me to preview the source material before I read it.

Took a while for me to accept that only watching anime is really like treating a commercial as an entertainment product.

Yeah I feel the same, anime isn't on my radar anymore unless it's an original or if the source material isn't translated in English yet and it looks interesting like Bokutachi no Remake from this season. I'll watch the adaptation if it's a series I like a lot or if the anime really elevates the source material but most don't and some butcher the content.

Plus I can read way faster than I can watch an anime especially if it's an action manga

yup how it’s been for me lately
Reading series and seeing it animated for me personally makes it better :wow:
Or a series I like and never read I’ll go read the source material afterwards ain’t trying to wait years or decades or even at all too see what happens :manny:

those who don’t read that’s coo too it’s a preference thing :yeshrug:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
yup how it’s been for me lately
Reading series and seeing it animated for me personally makes it better :wow:
Or a series I like and never read I’ll go read the source material afterwards ain’t trying to wait years or decades or even at all too see what happens :manny:

those who don’t read that’s coo too it’s a preference thing :yeshrug:

Yeah if someone doesn't like reading I don't care, it has nothing to do with me. It's all about preference and at the end of the day and whether it's anime or manga it's all apart of the same thing I just prefer manga most of the time.

It makes sense though because most people in America came in through watching anime rather than reading manga. Besides Naruto, DBZ and Pokémon I was reading manga before I was watching anime.

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yeah if someone doesn't like reading I don't care, it has nothing to do with me. It's all about preference and at the end of the day and whether it's anime or manga it's all apart of the same thing I just prefer manga most of the time.

It makes sense though because most people in America came in through watching anime rather than reading manga. Besides Naruto, DBZ and Pokémon I was reading manga before I was watching anime.

I feel like Naruto and Bleach put manga on the map in the US, the same way DBZ did for anime. You had to read those series, or you were assed out.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Just finished both AOT and DS. fukkin fire!!

Can’t wait for Part 2 of season 4, and I’m gonna watch the DS movie next.

Episode 19 of DS was pure fukkin flames!! The music and animation was phenomenal!!

That shyt needed to be animated.

:wow::wow:

Does anyone know if the DS OVAs are worth watching? Just looks like recaps to me.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Just finished both AOT and DS. fukkin fire!!

Can’t wait for Part 2 of season 4, and I’m gonna watch the DS movie next.

Episode 19 of DS was pure fukkin flames!! The music and animation was phenomenal!!

That shyt needed to be animated.

:wow::wow:

Does anyone know if the DS OVAs are worth watching? Just looks like recaps to me.

That DS movie going to hit different. :wow:

@42 Monks you see them throwing out the J.O.B. Squad in MHA? :mjlol: