winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just caught up and finished 86

Holy shyt man:wow:

I mean after a few eps ago we knew what was coming but that shyt was still sad.

Whole squad:mjcry:

Damn this is a fukked up world with their politics:sadcam:
I'm wondering how the anime handles the next season. It's looking like the season just covered vol 1 of the light novel and if they just cover the next two volumes with this next season then they could possibly be leaving out an event people would want to see. Maybe they continue this anime past the second season.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I'm wondering how the anime handles the next season. It's looking like the season just covered vol 1 of the light novel and if they just cover the next two volumes with this next season then they could possibly be leaving out an event people would want to see. Maybe they continue this anime past the second season.
Are you talking season 2 or cour 2?

Cour 2 is supposed to cover vol 2 & 3 in either the fall or winter according to Ln readers I’ve talked to.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Are you talking season 2 or cour 2?

Cour 2 is supposed to cover vol 2 & 3 in either the fall or winter according to Ln readers I’ve talked to.
Yeah I just read the epilogue of vol 1 and to me that would have been a better end for cour 1 than what the anime did. It was a flash forward. I’m guessing vol 2 and 3 take place before the epilogue of vol 1. To be honest I’d rather just skip to vol 4 but I won’t. They’re probably gonna put that flash forward at the start of episode 12 to hook people to see how it gets there. Lena seems to be a drastically better character in that flash forward.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yeah I just read the epilogue of vol 1 and to me that would have been a better end for cour 1 than what the anime did. It was a flash forward. I’m guessing vol 2 and 3 take place before the epilogue of vol 1. To be honest I’d rather just skip to vol 4 but I won’t. They’re probably gonna put that flash forward at the start of episode 12 to hook people to see how it gets there. Lena seems to be a drastically better character in that flash forward.

Here is the issue epilogue to vol 1spoils epilogue to vol 2 and i don’t recommend skipping those volumes cuz it goes into what happens at end of anime and other stuff u wanna know

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Here is the issue epilogue to vol 1spoils epilogue to vol 2 and i don’t recommend skipping those volumes cuz it goes into what happens at end of anime and other stuff u wanna know
Yeah I’m just gonna read it all from 2 on. I started vol 2 and I can already tell this is a series you should actually read. Just reading the scene from cour 1 where Lena finds the notes and picture the squad left her it was better reading it than watching it. Reading it really drives home her understanding that the squad didn’t see her as one of them and that her behavior towards them was patronizing.

Watching the anime I kinda thought she was going to try to go after them but reading the book it’s clear she assumes the squad is dead and it’s her fault she couldn’t save them. It really changes her character and she sheds the traits I found most annoying about her.

I guess it’s Shin’s turn to be developed more now.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Hajime no Ippo Manga Gets Digital Releases on July 1

This year's 30th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazinerevealed on Wednesday that all 131 compiled book volumes of George Morikawa's Hajime no Ippo boxing manga will get digital releases on July 1. All future chapters of the long-running series will also launch digitally in addition to physically going forward.

This will be the first time that all of the current and future chapters of the 33-year-old manga will be available digitally. The first 60 volumes were briefly available in digital form in January as a way for readers to experience the manga during the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I might watch shows next season, Shin Getter and this Bokutachi no Remake. This season I kind wanted to do fruit basket, I could definitely read it too.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Finally watched Demon Slayer Mugen Train on Funimation...

That ending is fukking rough, man. Tanjiro cursing that demon out defending Rengoku's pride, Rengoku giving the youngins the pep talk, him seeing the vision of his mom, and then the end credits

:mjcry::to:

An anime death hasn’t hit me this hard since Mae Hughes.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Finished Bokurano. Apparently the director hated the manga and changed like 80% of the story himself. I read a list of the differences and the final ten chapters; The anime might as well be an alternate retelling.

Gotta drop the score to a six-seven with that in mind. Pretty much nothing I dislike more than adapations that change the original vision for the worse, and not for a valid reason like production issues or catching up to the source.

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Finally watched Demon Slayer Mugen Train on Funimation...

That ending is fukking rough, man. Tanjiro cursing that demon out defending Rengoku's pride, Rengoku giving the youngins the pep talk, him seeing the vision of his mom, and then the end credits

:mjcry::to:

An anime death hasn’t hit me this hard since Mae Hughes.

Maes, who started cutting onions in this bih! :damn: