twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
86 eighty six
Left on a cliffhanger not the way I expected or like the source material shyt got me :dead: :mjcry:
Special episode next week tho and that might be what I think it is the prologue going by title

And this is a first whole 1st cour was just vol 1 :whew:
That has never happened before that I can recall since I went back and checked my book
So I’m assuming special edition episode will be both prologues since there are 2 of em in vol 1

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Honestly, that was the best way that this series could have ended because it stayed true to itself. This is someone who has been lukewarm about the plot since it returned to the present.

You can tell right off the bat the confidence Vivy has compared to the previous episode. She had some of the personality that Diva had in the Ophelia arc. It is quite evident. Since knew what was going to happen and her saying goodbye to both Beth and Yui was very touching. But Vivy seeing Momoka knowing that she is obviously dead was really sad to see.

Looking back at the journey was really cool. And a beautiful to boot. Although we then see a younger Vivy with short hair. Obviously, this is not the same Vivy, but it was really cool to see. I would like to believe that Matsumoto knew what was going to and what to preserve Vivy as a way to say thank you. He is definitely a character that grew on me. Perhaps down the line potentially there could be an SoL spinoff with this new Vivy?

Regardless Vivy was definitely a superstar character. Easily one of my favorites so far this year. She pretty much had it all tbh. One issue this show had though is that it could have benefited from having two cours/ around 24 episodes or so. Everything was happening so fast for the past few episodes. But with it being an anime original I can't be too critical about that.

Regardless this was an amazing show one of my favorites from this year. Great animation, music, and characters. While the plot did have some issues that you could nitpick it never affected my experience. Definetly looking forward to rewatching and binging this series again down the line. I would give it a rating of 9/10.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man what a terrific episode! We finally learn that Fido got killed because he protected shin. Man, that is heartbreaking. Rewatching Ep 10 before cour 2 starts is going to be heartbreaking.

Then we see them arriving at a town and eventually at a school. Anju being the mom of the group putting a smile on everybody's face decides to take attendance. She mentions that Kurena never attended school and the smile on her face was absolutely adorable.

Shin has a similar speech to his group that he said to Lena. But you know damn well that they weren't going to sit by and potentially allow Shin to die. But as expected they end the group journey on a massive cliff, but man what a massive one. I guess we just have to wait or read to find out.

We do see Lena visiting what I would call their HQ. She meets Lev who reveals he is actually an Alba. And he came because he wanted to save his family, but failed to do so. Definetly heartbreaking since he knows the fate that is waiting for him given his choice.

Then we of course see Lena find the book that has notes from Shin, Raiden, Theo, Kurena, and Anju. A really funny and sad moment at the same time very well done. Then we see her bring the cat with her. But again we once again see that this isn't the same Lena from the beginning of the season. It will be very interesting where she will go once cour 2 starts.

Also, we are actually getting more content although I imagine it will be anime original? Definetly happy about that!

With this being the first season of anime I have kept up with shows. This is the first show that I started and discovered on my own and I fell in love with it. I will have all translated 8 volumes by July, but I might just wait till season 1 is over to start reading. But man what a ride. So far this and Mushoku Tensei are my picks so far for AOTY. And 86 is easily my pick for AOTS.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man what a terrific episode! We finally learn that Fido got killed because he protected shin. Man, that is heartbreaking. Rewatching Ep 10 before cour 2 starts is going to be heartbreaking.

Then we see them arriving at a town and eventually at a school. Anju being the mom of the group putting a smile on everybody's face decides to take attendance. She mentions that Kurena never attended school and the smile on her face was absolutely adorable.

Shin has a similar speech to his group that he said to Lena. But you know damn well that they weren't going to sit by and potentially allow Shin to die. But as expected they end the group journey on a massive cliff, but man what a massive one. I guess we just have to wait or read to find out.

We do see Lena visiting what I would call their HQ. She meets Lev who reveals he is actually an Alba. And he came because he wanted to save his family, but failed to do so. Definetly heartbreaking since he knows the fate that is waiting for him given his choice.

Then we of course see Lena find the book that has notes from Shin, Raiden, Theo, Kurena, and Anju. A really funny and sad moment at the same time very well done. Then we see her bring the cat with her. But again we once again see that this isn't the same Lena from the beginning of the season. It will be very interesting where she will go once cour 2 starts.

Also, we are actually getting more content although I imagine it will be anime original? Definetly happy about that!

With this being the first season of anime I have kept up with shows. This is the first show that I started and discovered on my own and I fell in love with it. I will have all translated 8 volumes by July, but I might just wait till season 1 is over to start reading. But man what a ride. So far this and Mushoku Tensei are my picks so far for AOTY. And 86 is easily my pick for AOTS.

i don’t think it’s a anime original breh it might just be the 2 prologues at the end of vol 1.
They literally only did vol 1 for 86 and that’s it :whew:
I can say I’m 2 for 2 on anime getting massive love with Mushoku tensei and 86 since I hold those both in high regard
I do think wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon s4 will be next just that season in general cuz of how dark and bloody it is because nobody saw the shyt that happens in it coming at all especially vol 14 which will be in that season

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man just when you think we got Emilyko back, Edwardo comes and kidnaps her. Really interested in what his goal is.

Man seeing that these dolls are actually humans is so messed up. They essentially take these kids and eventually some shadow will take over them. That straight-up pissed me off. Really hope the operation of rescuing Emilyko goes well.