LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yeah? Figured he’d turn into some versatile master of multiple disciplines as an adult. God of Kenpo, Muay Thai, Jujitsu, Weapons etc

But I do like the slow progression of learning and applying techniques. Feeling confident in battle after being put through hell in training.

That's honestly where the show really shines. The motivational aspect of it, really makes you wanna train and if you ever practiced any of the disciplines in the show, you somehow appreciate it even more. Kinda has that Ippo vibe in a sense. Plus the villains help him bring out a different part of his training, as if they're apart of his growth as well.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yeah? Figured he’d turn into some versatile master of multiple disciplines as an adult. God of Kenpo, Muay Thai, Jujitsu, Weapons etc

But I do like the slow progression of learning and applying techniques. Feeling confident in battle after being put through hell in training.
I mean he eventually does but I didn’t read much after the anime and then went straight to the ending of it lol
I saw one ova tho
Very enjoyable tho
I've never read an actual light novel until today but reading vol 4 of Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki I can absolutely see why anime shows mulch through volumes of light novels in a few episodes per vol. A lot of these pages are thoughts and feelings as well as observations of the character that an anime can't really adapt in full.

I can also tell that 86 is definitely stalling out the material to try and make it last much longer. 86 is at episode 9 and it's sounds like it's starting the second volume given the description I read on Amazon. A normal series covers 2-3 episodes a volume. I read all the descriptions of the light novels and seems like volume 4 is where what I want to see happens might actually happen. I doubt that's getting animated given the pace.

I didn’t see latest episode so I read what people were saying vol 2 probably happen episode 10 from what I gathered on the comments but they really did do majority of this season on 1 volume which is extremely rare maybe 2 volumes but 1 it’s really rare
U are right a lot of them is inner thoughts and translation to anime can be hard but sometimes they are vital also

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Paying $210 for this Kindle Oasis was probably silly given how close we are to Prime day but just a few hours with it and I like it. I’m gonna read all the light novels I missed out on like Chrome Shelled Regios that I watch the anime but never picked up the light novel for. Classroom of the Elite and all the stuff I know will never get another season. I’ll probably read the light novel for the stuff 86 has covered.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I mean he eventually does but I didn’t read much after the anime and then went straight to the ending of it lol
I saw one ova tho
Very enjoyable tho

I didn’t see latest episode so I read what people were saying vol 2 probably happen episode 10 from what I gathered on the comments but they really did do majority of this season on 1 volume which is extremely rare maybe 2 volumes but 1 it’s really rare
U are right a lot of them is inner thoughts and translation to anime can be hard but sometimes they are vital also
In Bottom Tier Tomozaki I feel the light novel is getting too deep into the weeds. The anime was easier to get into because it dumbed everything down to just high level conversations. In the light novel it’s first person for the main character and you’re getting all his observations and reactions to everything everyone says and the social hierarchy of everything.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
In Bottom Tier Tomozaki I feel the light novel is getting too deep into the weeds. The anime was easier to get into because it dumbed everything down to just high level conversations. In the light novel it’s first person for the main character and you’re getting all his observations and reactions to everything everyone says and the social hierarchy of everything.

That’s how light novels are, lots of internal monologue.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Paying $210 for this Kindle Oasis was probably silly given how close we are to Prime day but just a few hours with it and I like it. I’m gonna read all the light novels I missed out on like Chrome Shelled Regios that I watch the anime but never picked up the light novel for. Classroom of the Elite and all the stuff I know will never get another season. I’ll probably read the light novel for the stuff 86 has covered.

im still torn bout gettin the oasis I have the paperwhite and I’m fine with it but the bigger screen turn pages and warm light is appealing but the price should of been $200 not $250

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
im still torn bout gettin the oasis I have the paperwhite and I’m fine with it but the bigger screen turn pages and warm light is appealing but the price should of been $200 not $250
That's why I got the refurbished one. With the cash back from my Amazon Prime Visa it's about $200. I'm guessing on Prime Day they might be a bit cheaper but I'm all in right now so I'll just keep what I have.
That’s how light novels are, lots of internal monologue.
Gives me a better appreciation for anime adaptations. I spend several hours reading something that would have been maybe 60 minutes tops for 3 episodes and probably 40 minutes for 2.