Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Started watching Kenichi’s Mightiest Disciple. Has the usual shounen themes of "nothing changes until you step forward", "the weak can become strong with effort, help of friends". I like how the combat is grounded in semi-realistic martial arts (at least for now), and that Kenichi applies his learned techniques 1 by 1 until he puts it all together. Slowly progressing into not being a chump.

The visual of this scrawny teenager being trained by athletic freaks, some of which are clones of popular fictional fighters (Sagat, Kenshiro, Cammy) is hilarious to me. Apachai gives him a concussion every other episode and wonders why the hell didn't he dodge :mjlol:

9a7c133dc70a1c85189092af181a2b6dfabae67e.gifv

this show also has a lot of fanservice for a shounen. Though the way its done adds to the absurd humor and movitations of Kenichi more so than appeals to degeneracy. There's no way Kenichi would subject himself to this torture if he wasn't simping over Miu.

Will see how it holds up when the evil organization, major villian appears. So far its fun.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Honestly, this might have been the strongest episode of Tokyo Revengers so far.

The beginning is just fukking hilarious. The whole build-up to what Takemichi will do. But I loved the direction they took it.

The way this show has showcased Hina has been brilliant. It could have been so easy to make her a damsel in distress essentially. She is so likable and has the confidence and personality to boot. (I mean she slapped, Mikey lol) Plus their relationship has been very well down granted she wasn't really present for last week's episode.

Now we are again ending on another cliffhanger. Tension is building up even more man.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Started watching Kenichi’s Mightiest Disciple. Has the usual shounen themes of "nothing changes until you step forward", "the weak can become strong with effort, help of friends". I like how the combat is grounded in semi-realistic martial arts (at least for now), and that Kenichi applies his learned techniques 1 by 1 until he puts it all together. Slowly progressing into not being a chump.

The visual of this scrawny teenager being trained by athletic freaks, some of which are clones of popular fictional fighters (Sagat, Kenshiro, Cammy) is hilarious to me. Apachai gives him a concussion every other episode and wonders why the hell didn't he dodge :mjlol:

this show also has a lot of fanservice for a shounen. Though the way its done adds to the absurd humor and movitations of Kenichi more so than appeals to degeneracy. There's no way Kenichi would subject himself to this torture if he wasn't simping over Miu.

Will see how it holds up when the evil organization, major villian appears. So far its fun.

Ive seen the whole thing, its a fun ride, but IIRC the anime is incomplete so you have to read to finish it

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

The Manga went full retard with fan service the longer it went on. There were chapters where the females had almost no clothes on. It got ridiculous

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:skip:I see why it doesn’t have a full adaptation

It didn't need it though. The story ends perfectly in the anime and if you wanna take it a step further, watch the ova's afterward which were pretty dope too.

The ova's is where it stops before shyt get real, but even then its not abrupt say like Gangster was.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
It didn't need it though. The story ends perfectly in the anime and if you wanna take it a step further, watch the ova's afterward which were pretty dope too.

The ova's is where it stops before shyt get real, but even then its not abrupt say like Gangster was.

Sounds good. So I have 60 something episodes to watch :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's time Nagatoro-san either shyt or get off the pot. Everything is stalling out and things are going nowhere. It's clear they both like each other so how long are they gonna keep point the Tony Danza and Angela dance?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

This was a dope show :russ:

I wished it would’ve been popular enough to continue on cuz I wonder what happened