I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
the only shows I'll :scust: at people for not liking is Legend of Galactic Heroes and GiTS

won't even neg you. straight to my ignore list
I’ve been begging people to watch LOTGH. One of the best shows I’ve ever watched. People hyping up the ending of the demon slayer movie never felt the pain of
Yang Wenli’s death and it shows :mjcry:
. I’m supposed to be sad over a completely brand new character who knew the man cast for 10 mins? Nope :manny:. Ace’s death hurt 1 million times more

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
some people think Cowboy Bebop is mid so nothing is untouchable.

in some ways I think Demon Slayer is underrated, based on the criticism for it. No anime is a best seller based on presentation alone, gotta hit people in the chest with themes and likable characters, which DS does as well as any shounen ever or Ghibli product imo.
Honestly I think these manga and anime records are being broken cause the rise of anime’s popularity. It’s been fully embraced in the mainstream. A lot of the people I know on an individual level who thing Demon Slayer is top 5 are people who just started watching anime in the past 3 years, who’s anime catalog basically starts with AOT

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
the only shows I'll :scust: at people for not liking is Legend of Galactic Heroes and GiTS

I appreciate GiTS for being pioneering but I’m not a fan honestly. Same way I salute Bladerunner but dislike the movie

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
We think you said;
Demon Slayer is mid,
GiTS was trash,
And you hated LoGH

Time to greenlight you on these Anime and GriffithSet streets:wow:
I said the Demon Slayer movie was mid. I like the show.
GiTS isn’t trash but it’s not for me:yeshrug:. I respect it’s place in history
LoGH is one of the best animes that’s ever been created. In my top 5.
Black Clover is the definition of a mediocre anime:manny:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I said the Demon Slayer movie was mid. I like the show.
GiTS isn’t trash but it’s not for me:yeshrug:. I respect it’s place in history
LoGH is one of the best animes that’s ever been created. In my top 5.
Black Clover is the definition of a mediocre anime:manny:

Breh:what:

Let me lie on you so I can send these Anime Assassins after you :why:

Trynna gets some fukkery going on in here or we just gonna have to restart the Zest Wars:mjgrin:

Zest Wars II : Battle of the Stroke Daddies

:dame:

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Honestly I think these manga and anime records are being broken cause the rise of anime’s popularity. It’s been fully embraced in the mainstream. A lot of the people I know on an individual level who thing Demon Slayer is top 5 are people who just started watching anime in the past 3 years, who’s anime catalog basically starts with AOT

Yeah, and adapations are getting better at capitalizing on that popularity. You're getting a better product as a mainstream/shounen fan than you were in the 2000s where 40 episode filler arcs were common place.

Some of the current mainstream shows like Demon Slayer, AOT, JJK are straight up great products, gateway or not imo, and there's a lot of diversity that you could point out to seperate them. probably going to put all three in my top 20 when its done.

The only show I've never seen get criticied hard is Ippo.
Not once have I negged someone in this thread, but if that happened I'd be tempted :wow:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Demon Slayer movie was dope to me, but I thought the 2nd MHA movie was better. Better pacing, better animation, and the fights were overall just more epic and better looking.

The one thing DS had over it which was surprising since MHA does this shyt all the time in the anime series, was that heartfelt emotional connection. That ending and that final speech hit hard. DS had nothing like that during the anime, so to see some shyt like that in the movie was dope. MHA be doing that all the time so I guess them nikkas said fukk it for the movie and just took the action up a notch.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Demon Slayer movie was dope to me, but I thought the 2nd MHA movie was better. Better pacing, better animation, and the fights were overall just more epic and better looking.

The one thing DS had over it which was surprising since MHA does this shyt all the time in the anime series, was that heartfelt emotional connection. That ending and that final speech hit hard. DS had nothing like that during the anime, so to see some shyt like that in the movie was dope. MHA be doing that all the time so I guess them nikkas said fukk it for the movie and just took the action up a notch.
the second MHA movie was legit because it had nothing to do with MHA and it lets the directors/animators make up their own shyt :yeshrug:

MHA can't do any kind of long winded dialogue because the entire roster is hypocritical inside out

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yeah, and adapations are getting better at capitalizing on that popularity. You're getting a better product as a mainstream/shounen fan than you were in the 2000s where 40 episode filler arcs were common place.

Some of the current mainstream shows like Demon Slayer, AOT, JJK are straight up great products, gateway or not imo, and there's a lot of diversity that you could point out to seperate them. probably going to put all three in my top 20 when its done.

The only show I've never seen get criticied hard is Ippo.
Not once have I negged someone in this thread, but if that happened I'd be tempted :wow:
I agree for the most part. The overall product is better for what your alluding to. Much less filler. Truer to the source material. But I think some of the storytelling and just source is a little worse. Overall I love DS story but I think they’ve done a poor job with the peripheral side characters.

AOT, even with the manga ending, is in my top 10. JJK, I’m not sure yet, but that was one of the best first seasons I’ve ever watched.

I remember when MHA was getting GOAT hype and Black Clover was being (still is by some folk :pachaha:) criminally overrated. I think DS overall is slightly overrated but I’m not as pressed about it cause I think it’s a good show.