winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Coli brehs, explain something to me. I've watched, and loved, Fate/Zero and know it's a prequel. I know Stay Night was a visual novel adapted to an anime series. How do the routes work and having only watched Zero (which I'm happy I did for continuity purposes), what order should I watch everything else, including the upcoming remake?
The new Fate series and the movie aren't remakes they're different routes. The new anime is Rin's route and the movie is Sakura's. The anime series that already exist is Shirou's route which prominitly features him and Saber. Rin's route will prominently feature her and Archer. Shirou is also a main character in the new anime and is featured for obvious and not so obvious reasons.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Coli brehs, explain something to me. I've watched, and loved, Fate/Zero and know it's a prequel. I know Stay Night was a visual novel adapted to an anime series. How do the routes work and having only watched Zero (which I'm happy I did for continuity purposes), what order should I watch everything else, including the upcoming remake?
I got you bruh, but it can get kinda confusing lol...

The Stay Night series starts of with one route, but early in the visual novel the route is split into 3 depending on the choices you make at a certain point.

1. There's the Fate route - my personal least fav and the one the anime series years ago was mostly based on. I say mostly, cuz they take and add stuff that's originally not in the route, which can make the anime's plot lackluster and honestly not worth watching. Aside from that Archer vs. Beserker scene I just posted earlier. That was cool cuz originally that battle happened off screen in the visual novel.
2. Unlimited Blade Works route - my fav of the 3 and has a movie that's based on it that dropped a few years ago. Movie is decent, but only really caters to the fans cuz the plot moves way too fast and a lot of stuff is skipped over. But that's expected for it trying to fit into one movie. You also find out who Archer truly is in this route.
3. Heaven's Feel route aka the :demonic: route - my second fav route and some say it's the true sequel to Fate Zero due to it touching on certain events like Sakura and Toshaka's past, which is barely mentioned in the other 2 routes. You also see how truly messed up Sakura is compared to the nice quiet girl you see in the other routes. It would be nice to see this animated sometime in the future, tho I'm sure they're gonna have to edit a few things out :huhldup:. It does have some badass battles I would love to see animated, too.

If I were you, I would just skip the og anime and just watch this new one. Even tho they're based on different routes, watching the old one would just feel like goin backwards after Zero quality wise and the plot isn't that good. It's only like 24 eps if you still just wanna watch for the fukk of it. And the new anime is just gonna be a retelling of the UBW movie with a more fleshed out storyline. So you can just skip that one as well IMO.

:snoop: Ended up typing a lot more than I wanted to lol.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
man I might watch thru Cowboy Bebop again.

was watching Outlaw Star a few days ago.
Watched both at once years ago (one ep after the other) and loved it :blessed:. They both haven't really aged bad at all IMO...
The new Fate series and the movie aren't remakes they're different routes. The new anime is Rin's route and the movie is Sakura's. The anime series that already exist is Shirou's route which prominitly features him and Saber. Rin's route will prominently feature her and Archer. Shirou is also a main character in the new anime and is featured for obvious and not so obvious reasons.
Actually they're both Rin's route.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On episode eight of Monster

Only 8 :lupe:? Turn back now :damn:. Stay away form Johan :demonic:

Monster is a masterpiece. Very slow moving and character driven but the story :wow:. It needs a live action HBO show. I don't understand why Naoki Urasawa's other works didn't get anime adaptations. Pluto was incredible and 20th Century Boys was better than Monster. We missed out on two potential GOAT series.

I'm about to start Welcome to the NHK now.